Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Can today get any more bizarre?

The meltdown on the sevco boards should be a hoot but I fail to see how DM can win back the trust of the fans.

Don't see what DM has done wrong. We don't know if he even met with the huns. The media has caused chaos and the majority of fans went nuts as a result. Surely declining the huns proves his loyalty? Also a huge fuck you to Rangers.

Very bizarre turn of events.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure how I feel about that given the way it’s been handled by McInnes. Poses more questions than it answers.

Has our board flat out refused him permission to speak with the huns, until compensation fee has been met and the huns have been unwilling/unable to meet it?

Has (as I heard earlier through some online social medium or other) Tony Docherty refused to go and McInnes won’t go without him?

Did he want to stay all along and has used this as a way to get more money out of board?

Right, having all let the weegia wind us up ( no one more than me)

OFFICIALLY

What's happened is

The Hun asked for permission to speak to our manager

That permission was refused

McInnes, although flattered, had a wee chat with his family and deciided he would rather stay.

so OFFICIALLY

He didn't speak to them at all, and the fact that permission was refused means that the Hun didn't trigger any clause in his contract.

Not entirely sure how I feel about that given the way it’s been handled by McInnes. Poses more questions than it answers.

Has our board flat out refused him permission to speak with the huns, until compensation fee has been met and the huns have been unwilling/unable to meet it?

Has (as I heard earlier through some online social medium or other) Tony Docherty refused to go and McInnes won’t go without him?

Did he want to stay all along and has used this as a way to get more money out of board?

Wonder if we'll get clarification. Did AFC refuse permission because the huns wouldn't pay up. DM went away to think about it since he would have to resign?? Decided not to? Did he get info that the rangers package wasn't that appealing??Apparently went away to think about it after Tuesday night and this is his decision. Who the fuck knows??????

Right, having all let the weegia wind us up ( no one more than me)

OFFICIALLY

What's happened is

The Hun asked for permission to speak to our manager

That permission was refused

McInnes, although flattered, had a wee chat with his family and deciided he would rather stay.

so OFFICIALLY

He didn't speak to them at all, and the fact that permission was refused means that the Hun didn't trigger any clause in his contract.

Firstly i am delighted he is staying but sorry don't buy this version of what happened. All really irrelevant however cause no matter how you dress it up McInnes is still a Don and not a HUN.

Time to close ranks, pull together and get a winning run going to ensure these Hun cunts finish below us yet again this season.

There was no clause in his contract according to the beeb. The huns would have had to pay whatever the dons ask for or a tribunal if McInnes had resigned.

A huge slice of apologetic pie like. When the national broadcaster says things like: "McInnes expected to sign shortly", "it is our understanding that he wants to go" etc etc, it's difficult not to get taken in by that. It really is an absolute disgrace of a situation.

Taking 48 hours to consider things and speak to his family is really nae that unreasonable at all when you see it written down!

Say what you like about his tactics and so on (I do, regularly), that's phenomenal loyalty. If ye'd said ten years ago that a dons manager would turn down the huns to stay at the dons, you'd have been laughed out of Pittodrie. Is it a sign of how far we've come, or how far they've fallen?

Well done Milne. Keeping those photaes of McInnes and Ash Taylor's wife really paid off.

Just watched the Beeb report and they couldn't find a hun slant on the statement.  To be fair it reasonably accurately reported the story as is.  What a pity they, and the rest, spouted so much push prior.  We should have known: the hun sense of entitlement has vastly outgrown their position in the game.

Still in shock but now is the time for us all to close ranks and give the management team our full support.

What a massive "Fuck you" DM has delivered to the tribute act.

It's days like these that make being a Dons fanatic so fantastically fabulous. Large malt in hand.

:AFC2:

Did not see this coming at all and not sure how I feel about it. He’ll have my support right enough and it’s a great day when one of ours turns those blue nose arsewipes down.

Still, there is a lot that the club and the management team need to address, we are in a mess on the field and the press need kicking in the nuts. Get this ship sorted and get second place back. The last 6 weeks have been nothing short of disgraceful.

COYR

I think it's fair to say most people have mixed emotions on it. The last two weeks have seen some shite football from Aberdeen, and I still have my doubts about his approach to big games (huns, tims, europe etc), but the lack of alternatives makes me think he's the best at the moment.

But I think the most telling part is that he decided he didn't want to go to Rangers - now that might be because they're a shambles of a club (like Sunderland) but it says a lot when the huns can't take our manager.

The media coverage has been incredibly biased, I've not read one report on why he should stay - so they can all ram it from that side.

The lack of viable realistic replacements was terrifying though - we really need to think long term about who takes over from McInnes even if he is here for 5 more years.

He was on a hiding to nothing at the huns, unless they catch/beat celtic he'd get 18 months at best. I think that's the real reason he dinghied that job - he can hold out until someone goes there with a huge cheque book and gives them the spending money celtic have.

I’d imagine the main reason he turned them down is because they weren’t willing to pony up the cash to buy out his contract and wanted him to sacrifice his integrity by trying to resign and make his departure overly acrimonious. Either way, I’m glad we don’t have to choose a new manager from the list of likely candidates.