Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.

:rofl:

I think he’d get greater respect and credibility if he said

“Derek was interested but after being given 48 hours to consider our club and offer he realized what a fucking joke of a club we are, financially fucked, useless board, and unrealistic ambition. As a result of his conclusion of us was being a complete shambles he sprinted back to Pittodue.”

Firstly, i'm fricking exhausted with these last 6 weeks. I'm fully expecting a netflix series to be launched in the next few months explaining this - instead of "Making a Murderer" what about "Making an erse of it"

Next, "concomitant"? Have they got the same North Korean PR exec that called Trump a dotard writing their pressers now? I'm surprised the filth know what the word means. I'm certain they were trying to spell 'commitment' but fucked it up that bad that microsoft word recognised it as a word.

Lastly, is it just me or does this spin like Deek was playing mind games with Der Hun in making them believe he was going to sink to their level? Afterall with the past 6 weeks and the guff that has been spun through the everlasting conveyor belt of ex filth commentary on the matter I wouldn't be surprised if this was a big "git it roond ya" to the orcs.

FTOF

That's fucking great news! I just hope the supporters don't get on his back. That will be harmful to the club and team. He's Aberdeen FC's manager. That's all that matters.  :thumbsup:

The supporters will have to get over themselves if they get on his back over this saga.

By all means question him on tactics, signings, results and all the other stuff managers get criticised for. But the impact and ramifications of him going there would have been massive, way beyond a team losing a decent manager to a rival club.

He picked us over that shower when faced with a straight choice, no matter the circumstances that's something to cherish and enjoy.

This will hopefully have a galvanising effect, starting tomorrow night.

I think he’d get greater respect and credibility if he said

“Derek was interested but after being given 48 hours to consider our club and offer he realized what a fucking joke of a club we are, financially fucked, useless board, and unrealistic ambition. As a result of his conclusion of us was being a complete shambles he sprinted back to Pittodue.”

You talking about the huns or us?

Lol

I'm pretty confused!

Folk were saying that TRFC2012  wouldn't make a move unless they knew he would accept... does this mean that they were wrong and there had been no contact prior to today / yesterday?

Also, did DM actually get as far as talking to them or did Milne by blocking the hun from speaking to him force DM into accepting he had a contract that he had to honour?

The consensus seems to be that DM told them that he wants to stay with us, but is that the right story or just the final outcome of what's gone on?  :dunno:

I only caught a little of sportsound (poor reception up north) but from what I could make out through the crackles & static Boyd's attitude seemed to be that Mcinnes didn't take it because Aberdeen refused to let him speak to Sevco.

..he did, and as Michael Stewart pointed out, "but Boydy, you've been in the press all week telling us we all know how these things work, now you're trying to say he hasn;t spoken to Rangers"?

Hud at yet portly cunt

The folk still questioning McInnes need to take a look at themselves. Thank fuck social media etc wasn't around 30 odd years ago.

The only difference between this recent pantomime and when legends like Willie Miller and Alex Ferguson both turned down moves to the hun was that all talks, discussions and offers were done in the proper way, by direct contact between clubs, not spun out like a third rate Aussie soap opera through every conceivable outlet.

Bottom line is he told them to do one, for that alone he deserves a hell of a fucking lot of respect. 

The folk still questioning McInnes need to take a look at themselves. Thank fuck social media etc wasn't around 30 odd years ago.

The only difference between this recent pantomime and when legends like Willie Miller and Alex Ferguson both turned down moves to the hun was that all talks, discussions and offers were done in the proper way, by direct contact between clubs, not spun out like a third rate Aussie soap opera through every conceivable outlet.

Bottom line is he told them to do one, for that alone he deserves a hell of a fucking lot of respect.

Does the fact he told them to do one mean that all the issues with the side disappear?

Why don't you take a look at the results and performances and team selection over the last 6 weeks instead of happy clapping around here telling the rest of us what we must think of him because of this decision which he allowed to drag on to the detriment of the side?

Does the fact he told them to do one mean that all the issues with the side disappear?

Why don't you take a look at the results and performances and team selection over the last 6 weeks instead of happy clapping around here telling the rest of us what we must think of him because of this decision which he allowed to drag on to the detriment of the side?

Take a look at performances and team selections since July rather than the last six weeks and the only difference you'll find is the results have tailed off - maybe we ran out of luck rather than anything else?

His tactics in big games and occasional team selections are completely fair game for criticism but I'm not convinced it's anything more than a coincidence that our poor run came as soon as the Huns sacked Caixhina.