Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

I guess we'll have to wait till the accounts are published to see where this ends up.

For the sort of money being spoken of for McInnes's salary, if true, then we must demand at least second place and the cup.

Anything else is failure for that sort of cash and failure should never be rewarded. Just ask the guys who ran Carillion......oh hang on....

Seriously though. If he is on the sort of money being mentioned, then the club has to win something to justify it.

Progress has to be made.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll have to wait till the accounts are published to see where this ends up.

For the sort of money being spoken of for McInnes's salary, if true, then we must demand at least second place and the cup.

Anything else is failure for that sort of cash and failure should never be rewarded. Just ask the guys who ran Carillion......oh hang on....

Seriously though. If he is on the sort of money being mentioned, then the club has to win something to justify it.

Progress has to be made.

I have no idea what he's on but I was told something a couple of days ago and thought I would put it out there.

The boy Dunty holds the key here.

I said it would all come out in the wash. He's already washed the dirty laundry.

On which of my four points?

It wasn't speculation. And it was second hand, not fourth.

You're another cunt in need of a slap.

Edit: for all your bluster and nit-picking that you two get up two online, the rest of us take solace in the fact that both you and kow are so defective of personality you can't walk into the Masada or the Kings Bar or the Bridge or indeed any bar in any town or city and get on with people who were total strangers minutes before. Personalities like you two are sick from weakness, as beige and bland as the thoroughbred middle classes always are. Nothings.

I see your chat hasn't improved any since the last time I paid any attention to your paranoid ramblings then  :laughing: Go have a wee lie down min

I see your chat hasn't improved any since the last time I paid any attention to your paranoid ramblings then  :laughing: Go have a wee lie down min

This is a thread about the Aberdeen manager.

This is a forum for Aberdeen fans. It has a robust off topic section too.

If you have nothing constructive to add, just fuck off and die.

I'm sure that you might be capable of saying something interesting sometime. I've just never seen it.

You would be best advised to return to the hat.

This is a thread about the Aberdeen manager.

This is a forum for Aberdeen fans. It has a robust off topic section too.

If you have nothing constructive to add, just fuck off and die.

I'm sure that you might be capable of saying something interesting sometime. I've just never seen it.

You would be best advised to return to the hat.

RS - for the avoidance of doubt this bloke and I are not the same person. I’m the one who posts mainly on AFC Chat.

As you were folks...

RS - for the avoidance of doubt this bloke and I are not the same person. I’m the one who posts mainly on AFC Chat.

As you were folks...

Ahh I was unaware that Oxford and The Oxford were two different Dons/posters. All I know that one Oxford was being a dick, I reacted to it and got suspended from the board again as a result whereupon I posted back on the hat after an absence of 2+ years, hated it, the blandness and nothingness of it, a wall of noise with zero harmonious sounds so got myself banned by telling the main dick that he is a dick. And why the fuck would I/any reasonably functioning imagination be interested in what's posted there TC? The place is overrun with mutants, many of them BoD.

As you were folks...

750k ? more than our best paid player which is unusual for any club... mind you we do have an exec on 300k per year, which for me is a far bigger issue

Heard from an employee of the football department he was earning just north of that after bonuses since he signed a new deal, and he was very highly paid before it. A few must be taking megabucks to make up our expenditure.

Had 24 hours to reflect on yesterdays performance. Sure having no Shinnie was a big loss but DM's constant capitulation in the really big games now seems to be spilling over into games against Hibs (and we have been poor against Hearts twice as well this season despite not losing the games).

DM faces a big rebuilding job in the summer. Mclean is offski, Christie, Ball, AOC, Stewart and Nwakali all likely to be joining him through the exit door. Logan been honking all season and now looking like needs replacing and Mckenna attracting attention with the board likely to accept a bid if it reaches 1.5/2 million.....after 5 years does McInnes have the stomach for what will be a huge task if he is to maintain the team at current performance levels far less improve on it.

I'm thinking that it could be time for a change of manager, which might be in the best interests of both parties. There is no doubt that had sevco been better managed board wise then he would have been offski. Now he wasnt exactly a success at Bristol City but he wasn't an abject failure either. I'd reckon his decent record with us would make him attractive to a mid ranking Championship side and of course we would net a nice compo fee into the bargain.

Jack Ross would no doubt be the obvious target to replace DM, however he is still unproven at the top level. So although he is an odious git of a human being, I'd hope we would try to get Lennon in as a replacement should McInnes decide on a change of scenery. His record against the arse cheeks this season on a fraction of their budgets is excellent and he just seems to carry an air of arrogance bout him that transfers into his teams that DM sadly lacks.

Thoughts?

You make fair points TC, no danger Milne is going to show him the door though even if we finish 4th or 5th and go out of the cup to Killie (what i think is worst case scenario for the remainder of the season). 

Hypothetically though if he was to move on I would be delighted with Lennon.    I've got to be honest I've never understood why so many don't like him.  Huns certainly for but he really is despised fairly universally amongst Scottish fans and I just find it quite odd.  Sure he was a bit of a nasty bastard on the pitch but I admire that in a CM.  Any time he has done any punditry I have found him insightful, humorous and very objective.  I also thought he spoke very well about suffering depression and was very candid about it on National Radio.  I'll probably get a few Durrants for this but personally I really quite like Lennon.

You make fair points TC, no danger Milne is going to show him the door though even if we finish 4th or 5th and go out of the cup to Killie (what i think is worst case scenario for the remainder of the season). 

Hypothetically though if he was to move on I would be delighted with Lennon.    I've got to be honest I've never understood why so many don't like him.  Huns certainly for but he really is despised fairly universally amongst Scottish fans and I just find it quite odd.  Sure he was a bit of a nasty bastard on the pitch but I admire that in a CM.  Any time he has done any punditry I have found him insightful, humorous and very objective.  I also thought he spoke very well about suffering depression and was very candid about it on National Radio.  I'll probably get a few Durrants for this but personally I really quite like Lennon.

But why would Lennon come to us?  If he's looking at Hibs as a stepping stone then he'd be wanting to go back to England.  Personally I think that West Brom will keep Pardew to the end of the season 'cos they are resigned to going down and they might look at Lennon or McInnes as a replacement.

DM faces a big rebuilding job in the summer. Mclean is offski, Christie, Ball, AOC, Stewart and Nwakali all likely to be joining him through the exit door. Logan been honking all season and now looking like needs replacing and Mckenna attracting attention with the board likely to accept a bid if it reaches 1.5/2 million.....after 5 years does McInnes have the stomach for what will be a huge task if he is to maintain the team at current performance levels far less improve on it.

This was also true of last summer with the departures of Jack, Hayes and McGinn.  He's had a stroke of luck with McGinn coming back, however, look at the rest of his signings and I have utterly no faith in him to get it right in the summer.

Stewart - really nice footballer, but doesn't fit our system. That being the case, seems a strange and lazy move.

Maynard - utter toilet. A dismal footballer. Had McInnes watched him recently prior to taking him on?

Tansey - after the guy for nigh on two years, hardly plays and when he does it's not in a role that suits the player. Disappeared back up the road and we probably won't see him in a Dons shirt again.

Arnason - seemed reluctant to play him and is in and out the side despite showing early promise in the partnership with McKenna.

May - not convinced he's right in terms of fitness, but also doesn't fit our system. That being the case, seems a strange and lazy move.

Ball - a bit pish. Nowhere near good enough on the ball. The fact he has featured so rarely surely suggests DM thinks the same.

I think his signings are short sighted - loan moves, one year deals; with the exception of May and McGinn there is no future in the signings from the summer now that it looks like Tansey won't be back. What was DM's thinking with that? Why the short termism? It's strange because he's actually done a good job in getting players to sign extensions, like Lewis for example.

He has to do better this summer.  He maybe thought he'd be away from Aberdeen at some point this season.  My concern is that his utterly dismal record in big matches continues and he won't get another club coming for him.  Milne will never sack him because he protects Milne and then we're stuck with him.  Stuck in the same cycle of bending over and letting the Old Firm do us as many times as they like.

Let me vow here and now that I will NEVER watch a Dons game with that arsehole Lennon as manager.

This.

Thankfully never happen.

As for McInnes and the summer recruitment I am convinced he thought he would be away in the summer and had to cobble together a squad on who was available and not who fitted the gaps in the team or the system we play at the last minute when no acceptable move materialised.

Let me vow here and now that I will NEVER watch a Dons game with that arsehole Lennon as manager.

Fair dues but may I remind you of the last time you vowed never to watch Aberdeen because of a dislike of someone.

;):wave::laughing:

STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS

DONSDAFT IN SPIKKING SHITE SHOCKER

Despite continually whining and moaning about "nae gaun back" if Christie came back as a loan player, I have it on good authority that donsdaft was seen purchasing a season ticket earlier today.

On leaving the ticket counter he was heard to mutter " 385 fuckin quid and they want a pound extra to send me the fuckin thing"

DM was heard to say " it's just like a new signing"

I think that McInnes is being found out now. He's a good guy and 'great to have in the dressing room' judging by what the players say. The guys in our team want to play for him. He's been lucky that he improved us when Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, and Dundee Utd, arguably our main competition, have been total shite. Now that they are stronger we're starting to see some god awful tactics, and consistently. Great guy, somewhat good recruiter, shite coach by the looks of things. When can we say his coaching won us a game? And I don't mean a super sub, I mean tactical changes.

I don't get the dislike for Neil Lennon. I live so far away and rarely see Scottish media so not sure what I've missed about him. He's arrogant and says what he means, but from what I've seen at Celtic and Hibs he has some transfer appeal and can coach (particularly like his attitude to playing against Rangers and Celtic this year.)

I do question whether Lennon would come here. Is Hibs his way of regaining a reputation to get a move down south? He didn't reject the Scotland rumors so is certainly not married to Hibs. We're a step up, financially for sure, but I wouldn't say team wise with the players we have potentially leaving - a complete squad overhaul is not out of the question. We have Lewis, McKenna, Shinnie, McGinn, and that's pretty much it. The rest could stay or go, I don't think anyone would be that bothered. Would you rather have Lennon or McIness overhauling the squad?

Milne will never sack McInnes, he's made us 'not shite' which is good enough for Milne. Will a poor finish to this season mean DM is less appealing to future employers and approaches this summer?

Fair dues but may I remind you of the last time you vowed never to watch Aberdeen because of a dislike of someone.

;):wave::laughing:

Good find min.

It wasn't a dislike of Christie that caused the problem, it was our lack of self esteem in borrowing a player from the big club.

I have attended games when we have been captained by Foster, I attended games through the black affront of having a numpty like Calderwood as manager.

The lowest of the low though would be Lennon.

Who would we choose as assistant, Nacho Novo?

Lennon and Clarke are far better managers than McInnes. Yet McInnes will probably be on more than the two of them combined. There's something wrong there. It's the AFC chairman who is the problem of course. It's sad that most AFC fans can't see it. We have the club we deserve. Taken in by a couple of midget charlatans. One of them, the bigger of the wee men, even has a beard for fuck sake.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Lennon and Clarke are far better managers than McInnes.

Eh why?

Last time I checked we were 5 points ahead of Hibs who are no longer in the cup and 17 points in front of Killie.

As most folk will admit, Celtic should easily win the league each year with the financial advantage that they have so what has Lennon done that is so brilliant?  Hibs have the fourth highest average attendance in the country and are currently fourth in the league - he's hardly setting the world alight.

I can’t say I want McInnes binned as I genuinely don’t think any of the targets suggested would come and we wouldn’t be any better off – better the devil you know and see if he can turn it round. Clarke, who I wanted prior to McInnes taking over years ago wouldn’t be an option. He’s at Killie due to circumstance and he has already admitted he has no intention of staying in Scottish football, he’ll be off down south ASAP.  I also don’t think Lennon is much better than McInnes, if at all. McInnes unifies the backroom team whereas Lennon seems to fall out with all and sundry. Add to that the divide he himself would create in the support and all of the unity and connect the city has back with AFC falls apart.

With that being said, McInnes needs to be held far more to account both within AFC and the media – although I’m happy to see the media attention being brought to his performances vs those around us. The love in with Milne is the biggest issue, as has been alluded to on here already. He has no heat at all from above, so is he really pushing us as hard as he can?

The stats P10, W2, D2, L8  against the top 5 can’t be avoided. Arguably, had we even won half of these games we could well be top of the league. Think about that. The fans are grumbling, rightfully so, and how he addresses this next is massive. If we start taking points off those around us we’ll cement 2nd at least and could potentially chase Celtic down - a pipe dream, but not a million miles away from reality. Whether McInnes or the players believe they can do that, I don’t know. McInnes hasn’t really had the tough questions coming his way while he has been with us, but this is changing quickly. How he reacts to more fans getting on his back will be interesting. Will he see what the majority of us see? Or will he become the new Strachan and carry on regardless – black and gold events and such like will become more ‘spicy’ with questions from the floor!

At the beginning of the season we would all probably have taken the position we are with the personnel changes we were left with; but as the season has went on we have been pretty mediocre and even worse than that, we are allowing more mediocre teams to get in ahead or around us.

If you look through our team vs those around us, half the players we have in the first team would walk into the rival teams, yet we can’t beat them. Obviously Celtic are excluded from this, but the teams around us have managed to take points off them.

This was also true of last summer with the departures of Jack, Hayes and McGinn.  He's had a stroke of luck with McGinn coming back, however, look at the rest of his signings and I have utterly no faith in him to get it right in the summer.

Stewart - really nice footballer, but doesn't fit our system. That being the case, seems a strange and lazy move.

Maynard - utter toilet. A dismal footballer. Had McInnes watched him recently prior to taking him on?

Tansey - after the guy for nigh on two years, hardly plays and when he does it's not in a role that suits the player. Disappeared back up the road and we probably won't see him in a Dons shirt again.

Arnason - seemed reluctant to play him and is in and out the side despite showing early promise in the partnership with McKenna.

May - not convinced he's right in terms of fitness, but also doesn't fit our system. That being the case, seems a strange and lazy move.

Ball - a bit pish. Nowhere near good enough on the ball. The fact he has featured so rarely surely suggests DM thinks the same.

I think his signings are short sighted - loan moves, one year deals; with the exception of May and McGinn there is no future in the signings from the summer now that it looks like Tansey won't be back. What was DM's thinking with that? Why the short termism? It's strange because he's actually done a good job in getting players to sign extensions, like Lewis for example.

He has to do better this summer.  He maybe thought he'd be away from Aberdeen at some point this season.  My concern is that his utterly dismal record in big matches continues and he won't get another club coming for him.  Milne will never sack him because he protects Milne and then we're stuck with him.  Stuck in the same cycle of bending over and letting the Old Firm do us as many times as they like.

You omitted GMS there - arguably the best of the signings in the summer, and somebody who McInnes seems to be getting something out of. Getting that more regularly is the challenge.

Would also disagree with just writing McGinn off as a lucky signing. Indications seem to be that he was happy working with him previously and felt he got the best from him. If it wasn't the case, and he'd gone off to Hibs or Hearts then I'm sure that'd be used against him in conversations like this.

Never ideal having to rely on loans, but McInnes likes players he knows well or who he's worked with before. Rather than short termism, I'd maybe suggest the issue is relying on a relatively narrow pool of players. Take a risk, perhaps expand the scouting network and cast the net a bit wider.