Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

You omitted GMS there - arguably the best of the signings in the summer, and somebody who McInnes seems to be getting something out of. Getting that more regularly is the challenge.

Would also disagree with just writing McGinn off as a lucky signing. Indications seem to be that he was happy working with him previously and felt he got the best from him. If it wasn't the case, and he'd gone off to Hibs or Hearts then I'm sure that'd be used against him in conversations like this.

Never ideal having to rely on loans, but McInnes likes players he knows well or who he's worked with before. Rather than short termism, I'd maybe suggest the issue is relying on a relatively narrow pool of players. Take a risk, perhaps expand the scouting network and cast the net a bit wider.

GMS will never win a league medal and McGinn is a career underachiever who will also never win the league. Unlike GMS, McGinn is a good enough footballer to pick up a SPFL league winners medal. He just won't because he's happy with an easy life under a manager who doesn't push him. And McInnes will never win the league, ever. He's shite.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly am not advocating DM getting bulleted, he wouldn't deserve that yet, but I was thinking that in light of him nearly taking the sevco gig (and there's no doubt with a better sevco board he would have gone) that he may not fancy the large rebuilding job that is coming up in the summer. Plus the West Brom gig may also be up for grabs and he would never turn that down if offered.

I can understand some folk saying no way to Lennon. However he would bring with him a GIRFUY attitude to playing the cheeks that DM sadly lacks. I just hope that in the event that we are needing a new gaffer in the summer that the board doesn't just take the easy and cheap option of going for Jack Ross without at least trying to tempt a far more proven quantity in Lennon.

You omitted GMS there - arguably the best of the signings in the summer, and somebody who McInnes seems to be getting something out of. Getting that more regularly is the challenge.

Would also disagree with just writing McGinn off as a lucky signing. Indications seem to be that he was happy working with him previously and felt he got the best from him. If it wasn't the case, and he'd gone off to Hibs or Hearts then I'm sure that'd be used against him in conversations like this.

Never ideal having to rely on loans, but McInnes likes players he knows well or who he's worked with before. Rather than short termism, I'd maybe suggest the issue is relying on a relatively narrow pool of players. Take a risk, perhaps expand the scouting network and cast the net a bit wider.

Knew I'd forgotten someone. Yes, GMS has had some very good moments for us, but he's also disappeared in a lot of matches (not alone in that right enough).  And if GMS is the best of the summer signings, that shows exactly how successful they've been.

Re McGinn - I meant he was lucky from the point of view that it didn't work out for him in South Korea and he was back a lot earlier than expected. There is an element of luck in that.

the scouting is pish poor as are most of mcinnes signings over last 2-3 windows  , dundee and killie managed somehow to get mulumbu and caulker 2 types of players we are crying out for

Wil give you Caulker, but Mulumbu is at Rugby Park for one reason and one reason only.....preious relationship with Clarke

I can understand some folk saying no way to Lennon. However he would bring with him a GIRFUY attitude to playing the cheeks that DM sadly lacks. I just hope that in the event that we are needing a new gaffer in the summer that the board doesn't just take the easy and cheap option of going for Jack Ross without at least trying to tempt a far more proven quantity in Lennon.

Agree that Lennon's record against the cheeks especially this season has been fantastic - I'd been keen to understand why his team are 5 points behind us despite this though. Inability to beat the smaller teams week in, week out as DM manages to do.

Watched Sportscene last night, only to see if we were really as bad as everyone says we were...and we were.

However, Michael Stewart (who I have a lot of time for) was bang on with his comments about us and McInnes's constant giving teams too much respect and how it very rarely, if ever works. As he said Aerdeen went into Saturdays game off the back of four straight wins with fourteen goals scored. This should have been a team high on confidence, this was a team that ripped their opponents on Saturday apart the last time they faced one another. It definitely feels like a reasonable question to ask....why pay them so much respect and instead of playing to our strenghts, set up to counter theirs.

Fucked if I know lads ???

I'm not going to call for McInnes's head.

In fact, in the cold light of dawn it's a good thing that Easter Road is a very difficult ground to win at.

Scottish football would be 100 times better if five or six teams were in with a shout for the title when we kick off in August.

This means losing games, I know, it's not nice but what's the alternative?

It's setting us up to contain that's the problem.

The worst I ever saw was the last home game to Celtic.

I could have left after 5 minutes, so inevitable was the result.

Last years League Cup Final wasn't much better.

I thought we did better at Parkhead last time but a defeat meant the pitchforks were out again.

Losing at Parkhead is not a crime provided you have a go and I thought we had a go that day.

I was working on Saturday and only caught about 15 minutes of the first half so I can't really comment on that.

It was long enough to see McLean wimping out of 3 tackles though.

What did he get booked for, his laces being undone or something?

Agree that Lennon's record against the cheeks especially this season has been fantastic - I'd been keen to understand why his team are 5 points behind us despite this though. Inability to beat the smaller teams week in, week out as DM manages to do.

His starting point was with a squad just promoted from the Championship that was significantly weaker than ours and with a budget significantly lower than ours. Thus we opened a gap in the table due to Hibs understandably being inconsistent. We were very consistent.....beating all the dross but capitulating against the cheeks.

Lennon has improved Hibs markedly in the January window and if we lose on Saturday we could find ourselves only 2 points ahead. I'd still expect us to finish ahead of them at season's end but if Lennon is still there at the start of next season then with the rebuilding job we face I wouldn't be entirely confident of finishing ahead of them then.

I certainly am not advocating DM getting bulleted

I'm not going to call for McInnes's head.

These two comments made me laugh... and cry.

NOBODY IS ASKING FOR HIM TO BE SACKED. It's not even on the agenda.

On the contrary, the chairman loves him and being 2nd in the league in previous years is viewed as "success".

There are exceptions to every rule so I'm the exception that wants rid o the cunt.

It's important to look at the culture, not just the man.

The culture at Aberdeen Football Club has been determined by one man for coming up 30 years. A rich man takes advantage of weak men. Ian Donald was weak. Milne exploited him. I heard a new angle this evening, unfortunately the same angle I've been hearing about people like Milne - and specifically him - my whole life. The conversation was Trump and guns in the US which switched to Trump the businessman at Balmedie. It was argued that Balmedie was never going to be financially viable unless he built and sold the 450 houses that he threatened to. As a golf course, it was a non starter. The problem was one of infrastructure, obviously.

Then it came out about all the new houses in Portlethen, Charleston, Marywell etc. Milne got the first planning permission and the deal was that if he built over x number of houses (and permission had been granted for more than x), he would be liable for some of the infrastructure investment. He built just under the allotted number and then sold the land to some friendly partners who built the remaining houses, thus avoiding his infrastructure investment. That's not illegal. He just fucked the council up the arse because the council were so stupid, their lawyers were so incompetent - their crime being total weakness and ineptitude - they allowed a greedy midget of a man to make money at the North East public's expense.

Just like AFC fans are getting fucked up the arse and just like Derek McInnes will be laughing at us all the way to his mansion in the west of Scotland, by which time it will be a singleton residence, with an unfeasible number of bedrooms for a sad bearded weirdo like him.

Here's the killer. Milne is a tcheuchter from Elrick or Alford or some other shithole who just loves associating with "football men". It makes his midget-like persona feel big and important. The way he purred "Jimmy" (Calderwood) and "Willie" (Miller) was telling. He does exactly the same with "Derek".

It's all turned to shit and the process started 30 years ago.

If I was Derek,I would be weighing up whether staying another season or 2 is worth the gamble for his next career move.He leaves now,with a very good,consistent CV,or he stays another season in the hope he finds the midfield duo that could,IMO, answer a lot of the problems we have at the moment.Devlin alongside McKenna,Shinnie to L/B,plus a confident,more aggresive midfield duo wouldnt be far off a very good team.

The downside to that is,even if he does make the right recruitments,the Hun are on the rise,as well as Hearts and Hibs,so no matter what he does,we may struggle to stay in the top 3 even,and we turn oh him,and his appeal to other clubs diminishes

Whatever he decides,he's earned the right not to be hounded out of the job in the near future,eg the next year,given theres a fair chance he'll leave soon of his own accord IMO anyway.

Well I mentioned it earlier, but the Black & Gold/any event with McInnes is going to be fun now! - I suppose if anyone actually turns up...

“So Derek, Ron from Summerhill asks, what exactly are your tactics when playing the old firm; seeing as the standoff, man for man tactics deployed for the past 2 years have worked so amazingly well?”

“Ray from BoD asks, do you think 18pts lost and 1 goal scored is acceptable against any 2 teams, let alone your biggest rivals, and do you actually watch the same game we do?!”

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

For what it's worth............

West Brom - Next Permanent Manager Betting Odds

Marco Silva

Michael ONeill

5/2                     

Harry Redknapp

Martin O Neill

Slaven Bilic

Gary Megson

Mark Hughes

Ronald Koeman

Alan Stubbs

Ange Postecoglou

Chris Wilder

Derek McInnes

Quote from: donsdaft on February 18, 2018, 07:26:16 PM

Let me vow here and now that I will NEVER watch a Dons game with that arsehole Lennon as manager.

Fair dues but may I remind you of the last time you vowed never to watch Aberdeen because of a dislike of someone.

;):wave::laughing:

Quote from: donsdaft on July 12, 2017, 05:29:59 PM

STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS ~ STOP PRESS

DONSDAFT IN SPIKKING SHITE SHOCKER

Despite continually whining and moaning about "nae gaun back" if Christie came back as a loan player, I have it on good authority that donsdaft was seen purchasing a season ticket earlier today.

On leaving the ticket counter he was heard to mutter " 385 fuckin quid and they want a pound extra to send me the fuckin thing"

DM was heard to say " it's just like a new signing"

Just reporting the purchase of season ticket number 2

The seat next to me fell vacant so now has been purchased for 8 year old (step) grandson

He'll have to pack in the swearing, it's the Main Stand after all.

My  " nae gaun back" days are over, I've got important work to do.

I see DM is in the press today complaining about our pitch. Why does that matter when your team doesn’t pass the fucking ball? We play so much kick ball long ball shite these days, not just at home, that if anything our opponents have been playing a better passing game and a better pitch helps opponents...

I see DM is in the press today complaining about our pitch. Why does that matter when your team doesn’t pass the fucking ball? We play so much kick ball long ball shite these days, not just at home, that if anything our opponents have been playing a better passing game and a better pitch helps opponents...

Totally agree...if DM wanted to go the long ball route he should have held on to Stockley at least he could occasionally hold onto the ball or play in some-one...neither Rooney nor May are going to do that.

I know Stockley was no Van Basten but i didn't think he was totally hopeless. His goal away to Partick proved that he had a reasonable touch.

I believe the flaw is in DM's tactics. He wants a big strong target man to play at centre forward but he also wants these guys to chase back and defend.... that is not part and parcel of the game to these type of players and due to the 'cheating bastard' nature of opposition players these days i believe that's why they end up being booked and sent off on a regular basis.

Now let's not go twisting things and leaving bits out to suit an argument - he made it clear that the pitch wasn't the reason that we didn't win, but the likes of McGinn were hampered by the pitch and were having to watch where they were running rather than being able to focus on delivering it in as they normally would, which impacted on how we played. Kilmarnock were similarly hamstrung, McInnes even said the boy Jones suffered similarly. It's a completely logical point of view.

We're absolutely at our best when we get the ball to the likes of McGinn and he runs at players, it's how he's played when we had Hayes and our best performances this season have been when he's got GMS to do similar.

Not disagreeing that Rooney left mid was a strange one, or that we're lacking a target man, but let's make sure the context of the complaints are there, rather than getting all excited because we've seen a headline which presents the opportunity to moan.

Ok have kind of stayed away from posting on the board since last weekends predictable capitulation against the JJ's.

Note with interest some of the comments regarding McInnes's failings which are obvious to all and sundry and not going to rake them up again. McInnes has a fair bit of credit in the bank in my view, but by Christ he is trying his hardest to get himself overdrawn.

The next two games will go along way to defining our season.

Lose on Saturday and we've pretty much handed second place to the Tribute act who seem to have struck it lucky with Murty and got their shit together whilst not being put under any kind of pressure by us. Next Tuesday is massive and gives us the chance of a last four place in the Cup and gives some breathing space to right some of the wrongs ahead of the semi final. Here lies the issue however, is McInnes capable to right these wrongs ? Is he too stubborn to see the error of his ways ? Who knows, but one thing is sure lose these games and more and more of us will turn.

Planning on attending both games, as Killie is as close to a home game as I get all season. Don't have good memories of a mid week cup ties at Rugby Park. The last one will forever be known to me as the Berti Bossu game. Still have nightmares thinking about one. Against that, it did happen at a time when we couldn't beat them down there for love or money.

Hoping for the best, fearing the worst and ask only one thing Mr McInnes, play to our strenghts and for once let the opposition worry about us.

Any credit DM had was used up when he first decided that using Rooney as a left f@cking winger would be a good idea......then consistently repeating that act of folly despite all the evidence that it was a shite idea from the first time he tried it. We have a perfectly serviceable left winger in GMS. Inconsistent for sure but better than being consistently keech as Rooney is. Even Stewart would be a better option out there ffs.

Anyway I suspect 2nd place has all but disappeared down the gurgler. Although 3rd isn't yet assured I think the Thistle game would be a good chance to try someone else at right back given Logan's horrendous demise as anything like a safe pair of hands in the role. Ideally one of the young loons but Ball or (gulps) AOC would have to be no worse than the incumbent. I was actually willing the ref to send Logan off at the weekend when he gave away the penalty so the decision would have been out of DM's hands.

Now let's not go twisting things and leaving bits out to suit an argument - he made it clear that the pitch wasn't the reason that we didn't win, but the likes of McGinn were hampered by the pitch and were having to watch where they were running rather than being able to focus on delivering it in as they normally would, which impacted on how we played. Kilmarnock were similarly hamstrung, McInnes even said the boy Jones suffered similarly. It's a completely logical point of view.

We're absolutely at our best when we get the ball to the likes of McGinn and he runs at players, it's how he's played when we had Hayes and our best performances this season have been when he's got GMS to do similar.

Not disagreeing that Rooney left mid was a strange one, or that we're lacking a target man, but let's make sure the context of the complaints are there, rather than getting all excited because we've seen a headline which presents the opportunity to moan.

I'm not twisting things. The quality of play of late has been god awful, whether we're looking for McGinn to dribble or us to pass as a team. We've been very much an ugly kick and chase team of late, home and away, as far as I have seen. I don't see how the field is a factor when we've played shitty home and away.