Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Interesting. £1.5M in Escrow and they should deal. Anything else tell them to get to fuck. I can see McInnes resigning and it going to tribunal and the huns taking years to pay. The dons need to get properly dirty in this, really stick it to them and make it very public.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris McLaughlhun was reporting it as thus on the radio this morning. There is no buy out clause in Deek's contract. He also said that "it's safe to say Derek wants to go". However, I expect he has absolutely no idea and is just adding more fuel to the fire, he certainly didn't back that assertion with any evidence, nor was he asked to; once again doing the hun bidding.

We should be looking at £1.5M for the pair given length of contract.

Baggy, McInnes still hasn't had an offer to turn down. It's not as simple as saying he doesn't want the job there. He's a professional fitba manager with a career and family to think of. At present, he has no idea what's on offer (or we have to assume thus). So, of course he's interested, or at the very least he can't rule out his interest. There are two options for McInnes here: 1. he gets an excellent offer from the hun and he goes. 2. He gets a really shite offer from the hun and stays. I expect McInnes has no idea whether or not offer 1 or 2 will be on the table, so of course he remains interested until such times as he sees that offer. That's the difficulty with the hun situation, nobody really understands what their financial position is and whether or not they can afford him (both in salary terms and transfer funds).

I totally agree with your final comment though. However, this was a mess we (AFC) created. We chased the title of second team at all costs in the huns absence. Milne, probably, thinks that the helicopter Sundays' return is fantastic for Scottish fitba. It has huge repercussions for us especially, and more so given our move to a shitehole in the middle of nowhere.

To clarify, what I was saying was;

I would assume when the approach to the club came it was relayed to McInnes. If McInnes had made it clear to the board he had no intention of going but didn't want to be the person to come out and say it, for "professional" reasons. That is not good enough, as far as I am concerned. If he didn't want to go it should have been him, now we are aware of an official approach, who came forward and turned it down publicly.

That is irrelevant though.

We know, before the hun have approached the club, "informal" discussions between the hun and McInnes' agent (as an intermediary) have taken place. I can't see the hun losing face by approaching our manager without being certain he would agree to go there.

We are waiting on the hun ponying up now what we want or are contractually due, it is as simple as that.

In consideration of the last few weeks, our board better have a plan in place for a replacement and if necessary treat any other club involved with the due respect. We should not be seen to be lowering ourselves to that scum clubs level.

To clarify, what I was saying was;

I would assume when the approach to the club came it was relayed to McInnes. If McInnes had made it clear to the board he had no intention of going but didn't want to be the person to come out and say it, for "professional" reasons. That is not good enough, as far as I am concerned. If he didn't want to go it should have been him, now we are aware of an official approach, who came forward and turned it down publicly.

But McInnes has never had any intention of "not going". Why would we expect him to? It's this bit I don't understand. Why do Aberdeen fans expect McInnes not to be interested in hearing what is on offer? Moreover, why should he be forced - by media - to answer a question that has not yet been posed?

No manager is not interested in going to a club or not, be it Rangers or anyone else, they can only be interested in an offer of employment with terms and conditions. Nobody ever says "I will never go to club X" unless for weird partisan reasons. He can't say "I'm not interested in the Rangers job" because he has absolutely no idea what that entails at present. Are you - or any other dons fan - genuinely expecting him to say he doesn't want the Rangers job full-stop, regardless of how much money they want to pay him or the transfer budget or future plans?  Is that the standard we now hold our managers (and players) to? I think they we're going to be very disappointed in future if so. Did we hold Craig Brown to that same standard when he left Motherwell after saying he was happy there?

We know, before the hun have approached the club, "informal" discussions between the hun and McInnes' agent (as an intermediary) have taken place. I can't see the hun losing face by approaching our manager without being certain he would agree to go there.

No we don't know that. All the evidence points to that not being the case. McInnes did not have "informal" discussions with Sunderland. He went there, looked at the offer, and turned it down. Unless you have evidence to the contrary? Did they check to see if he was interested first? Possibly, but it wouldn't have been based on any financial offer, just a quick sounding out. I see no harm if the huns have done similar. The huns absolutely wouldn't be revealing their hand to Deek at any point before formal discussions. That would be stupid on their part and everything about the shambles so far suggests they're nae that stupid.

Because that's how it works in football.

It's always been unsaid but the carry on with Van Dijk to Liverpool in the summer confirmed it.

Look at the volume of folk who were surprised with how Southampton reacted saying that "this is essentially how it works". The only reason Southampton reacted the way they did was because they were getting fed up with Liverpool taking all their best players.

The hun have no money there is no way they would allow public knowledge of an approach if there was any chance McInnes was not certain to agree to go. The current board would be fucked, their followers would be going mental.

Because that's how it works in football.

It's always been unsaid but the carry on with Van Dijk to Liverpool in the summer confirmed it.

Look at the volume of folk who were surprised with how Southampton reacted saying that "this is essentially how it works". The only reason Southampton reacted the way they did was because they were getting fed up with Liverpool taking all their best players.

The hun have no money there is no way they would allow public knowledge of an approach if there was any chance McInnes was not certain to agree to go. The current board would be fucked, their followers would be going mental.

So McInnes was given the details of his Sunderland contract before speaking to them? But he went to talk to them and turned it down...because he didn't like their faces? I couldn't give a crap about the EPL and Van Dijk, we're talking McInnes here. He won't have had a formal offer from the hun, he more than likely will have been asked the question, informally, of whether he had any reason to outright turn it down without an offer. To which he would have replied no, as any sane manager would.

But McInnes has never had any intention of "not going". Why would we expect him to? It's this bit I don't understand. Why do Aberdeen fans expect McInnes not to be interested in hearing what is on offer? Moreover, why should he be forced - by media - to answer a question that has not yet been posed?

This amazes me with fitba fans all the time - the inability to separate their own tribal loyalties from the professional and financial needs of players and managers.

Nobody in their right mind would turn down a job offer until they've heard all the terms.

Again, my point is McInnes knows what those terms are. At no point did I expect him to come out and publicly say he doesn't want it. The board now know that McInnes has agreed, in principal, to take the hun gig. All that is happening today is the Aberdeen board are holding our for what they are due or feel they are due. The hun board are trying to force our hand and let McInnes go on the cheap.

The hun board haven't been fucking about looking at CV's for the last 5 weeks. Their original offer to McInnes wasn't to his satisfaction. McInnes' agent informed them what it would take for him to go there. They have since been scrambling down the back of their sofa/going round with their begging bowls out, to give him what he wants.

Maybe they don't quite have it all and are now trying to force our hand, their mates in the press have helped them with this, or they are trying to get him on the cheap so he has an extra couple of hundred grand to play with. Fuck knows, but he's gone.

Again, my point is McInnes knows what those terms are. At no point did I expect him to come out and publicly say he doesn't want it. The board now know that McInnes has agreed, in principal, to take the hun gig. All that is happening today is the Aberdeen board are holding our for what they are due or feel they are due. The hun board are trying to force our hand and let McInnes go on the cheap.

The hun board haven't been fucking about looking at CV's for the last 5 weeks. Their original offer to McInnes wasn't to his satisfaction. McInnes' agent informed them what it would take for him to go there. They have since been scrambling down the back of their sofa/going round with their begging bowls out, to give him what he wants.

Maybe they don't quite have it all and are now trying to force our hand, their mates in the press have helped them with this, or they are trying to get him on the cheap so he has an extra couple of hundred grand to play with. Fuck knows, but he's gone.

Except you have absolutely no evidence to back that up.

I don't, other than McInnes has an agent, and if that is not what their function is, I don't know what it is. Why not negotiate yourself, once fee's have been agreed, then employ an employment law solicitor to protect your interests in the written contract?

I think it's incredibly naive to think things are all above board in the murky world of football, when in regular life there is always a recruitment consultant trying to move you to a new position and willing to negotiate on your behalf  behind your current employers back, with no contractual retainer like a football agent would have.

I don't, other than McInnes has an agent, and if that is not what their function is, I don't know what it is. Why not negotiate yourself, once fee's have been agreed, then employ an employment law solicitor to protect your interests in the written contract?

I think it's incredibly naive to think things are all above board in the murky world of football, when in regular life there is always a recruitment consultant trying to move you to a new position and willing to negotiate on your behalf  behind your current employers back, with no contractual retainer like a football agent would have.

So what was McInnes' agent's function in the Sunderland deal then? If McInnes knew the offer before turning up, then it would have been a done deal. In McInnes' case, we have evidence that he doesn't receive an offer up front and there's no reason for you to suggest he has in this instance.

It's about competitive advantage in negotiation and not revealing yer hand. If McInnes' agent finds out the huns are willing to pay £1M a year, but he turns it down and then McLeish's agent talks to him and finds out he's only being offered £750K then there's an issue. The huns have no need whatsoever to tell McInnes anything until he arrives on site. His agent may have informed them of his own (McInnes') rough salary so they have a starting point, but otherwise the huns will get him in a room with his agent and thrash out an agreement. There's simply very little benefit in back-dooring it.

I think he knew when going to speak to Sunderland too. I think something else convinced him it was not the right move.

What do you think the hun board have been doing,the last 5 weeks, while their PR team have been feeding stories to the Scottish press that McInnes is their man?

What a mess. If I detested Rangers before they are well off the hate scale now. We have let them destabilize our club to suit their own means and we have let them get away with it.

When McInnes goes, there is no coming back for him now whatever the outcome, then Milne has to follow him out the door. We have seen levels of ineptitude during his chairmanship, but these last few weeks really have been his worst, IMHO.  We needed a strong chairman the past few weeks and Milne has shown yet again his is not that person.

I'm not too fussed about McInnes going, but he has left a mess behind him for the person who will take over.

Paranoia maybe, but was this Rangers gameplan all along?

I think he knew when going to speak to Sunderland too. I think something else convinced him it was not the right move.

What do you think the hun board have been doing,the last 5 weeks, while their PR team have been feeding stories to the Scottish press that McInnes is their man?

Fair doos, you think that he was offered a deal by Sunderland but turned it down face to face to them. I think that's highly unlikely.

Exactly that, feeding stories, de-stabilising. More than likely arguing among themselves (indeed, the BBC report said that there was not unanimous agreement at board level on McInnes). Also getting their AGM (EGM?) out the way so that they could shift loans into equity and so on in order to get funds together. Any level of speculation in the meantime simply serves to reduce McInnes' value and also fuck up Aberdeen on the pitch.

Wouldn't normally wipe my erse with the rag but took a quick look at the Record in the supermarket today.  The story is that McInnes has been "forced" into a position where he will "have" to quit to go to the huns.  Weegia job almost done.  We bend over and adopt the position.

Wouldn't normally wipe my erse with the rag but took a quick look at the Record in the supermarket today.  The story is that McInnes has been "forced" into a position where he will "have" to quit to go to the huns.  Weegia job almost done.  We bend over and adopt the position.

Read Jackshun's story online. He assures the gullible sevconians that McInnes will definitely quit today. Quoting an "insider"....

If it doesn't happen he should be led out in chains to a public place....I'd suggest the sevco centre circle....and have his exclusive story rammed up his hoop. Then he can report that "insider" in Friday's edition

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't for one second believe that six weeks ago McInnes sat there thinking i want the Rangers job at this moment in time.

Are you suggesting that he was thinking that he'd wait a few weeks until after he'd fucked up the dons' season?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't for one second believe that six weeks ago McInnes sat there thinking i want the Rangers job at this moment in time.

What has changed for DM in 6 weeks? Why would he change for the positive? He’s prob always been interested. Said from day one it’s a bigger club, more fans, training facilities, transfer money etc. Don’t understand why it has taken so long for the scum. Despise Rangers more by the day and this has done nothing but hurt AFC.