Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Admittedly was quietly looking forward to a change,but it didnt happen and am not going to waste time on what might have been.Deek will be gone sooner than later,and would hope it can be an amicable happy claptastic parting.

Meanwhile,if we dont have a successful turn around in players in january,I would be prepared to drop a few points if it meant we can bed a couple of young guys into our problem areas for the rest of the season.Eg Harvie at l/b with Shinnie in front of him, helping out and talking as ness.Wright deserves a run.Makes the wrong choices sometimes,but looks intelligent enough to work out the right choices.

Maybe Ross for someone? Didnt see a lot from either him or Harvie at the w/e tbh,but we'll never know without a run of games.We're stagnating a bit with what weve got,so why not...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I heard this today from a very good source.

McInnes was on £500k p.a. before the huns came calling.

He's now on £750k, insane money for a club of our size.

And yet Sevco offered him less money than he was already on!

They took four days to answer his simple question regarding the size of the transfer budget.

And they told him that they wouldn't be paying for Docherty and if McInnes insisted, he would have to pay for him himself out of his wages.

It will all come out in the wash but the two things I take from this is how badly managed both AFC and RFC are.

I heard on the radio that he’s proved his ‘doubters wrong with a 3 game run’.

As much as I’m happy we have won all our games, he’s far from proven the doubters wrong. If anything he’s actually been called out more since.

Michael Stewart and a few others on twitter have all now mentioned our record vs the old farm and where we could be in the table as a result. For all Celtics recourses and cash it’s far from over if we actually took something off them.

No doubt it’ll be another 6 point gap followed by a Celtic and Rangers doing.

P.s. If that details are correct Rocket, that’s obscene!!!

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Dons SPL finishing places

2000 - 10th

2001 - 7th

2002 - 4th

2003 - 8th

2004 - 11th

2005 - 4th

2006 - 6th

2007 - 3rd

2008 - 4th

2009 - 4th

2010 - 9th

2011 - 9th

2012 - 9th

2013 - 8th

2014 - 3rd

2015 - 2nd

2016 - 2nd

2017 - 2nd

2018 - currently 2nd

Worth every penny

Given that there was zero need to give him a 50% pay rise before Xmas, I can't agree about every penny.

Have to agree with this. I'd heard he was already on a huge wedge after Sunderland, so if it has went up again that is nuts.

There's no hiding the fact he has done well with us and made us presentable again, but the question marks are out this season. How he responds to them in the remaining clashes and next season are what is important.

Exactly DD. It's a gamble - and probably a decent one - that if we finish second, we'll not only cover the costs of that pay-rise for the next two seasons, but also add double the difference in his salary if someone else comes calling. I wouldn't be surprised if there were conditions in there with regard to league position.

Coupled with the fact that Milne could never ever be expected to get two solid appointments in a row.

I can hardly see it as a "gamble" when he wasn't going anywhere and he's already on more money than he's worth.

Our record turnover is between 12 and 15m if I remember right. Giving more than FIVE PER CENT of the total revenue to him is utter madness. But it suits Milne because McInnes is good enough to keep the fans off his back - remember Calderwood's final year.

And of course it doesn't cost Milne one penny. It's OUR money he's been totally mismanaging for decades.

With all due respect there were many “very good sources” who turned out to be caught with their pants down when DM decided to stay. So I don’t believe anything anymore unless it’s irrefutable.

This is the type of post that makes me want to assault the person who posted it.

Nothing heavy. Not a near death experience. Just one punch and most likely a broken nose at worst.

Pre the Sunderland job offer,I thought McInnes was on around £300k,and was expected to roughly treble his wages if he went to Wearside. If all these figures are accurate,£750k seems a bit mental to be paying in our league.Fair play to Del for working the job offers though  :eek:

Are you sure your source wasn't referring to McCoist's current salary at the huns?

My source is well known to you all and he got it from another source who is also well known to us all who got much of the details from the horses mouth as he was sat next to him on a recent flight. So no, I'm not talking about the 800k that McCoist's salary was supposedly reduced to before he got his jotters.

I heard this today from a very good source.

McInnes was on £500k p.a. before the huns came calling.

He's now on £750k, insane money for a club of our size.

And yet Sevco offered him less money than he was already on!

They took four days to answer his simple question regarding the size of the transfer budget.

And they told him that they wouldn't be paying for Docherty and if McInnes insisted, he would have to pay for him himself out of his wages.

It will all come out in the wash but the two things I take from this is how badly managed both AFC and RFC are.

You heard wrong, he's not on anywhere near 750k.

He HAS received two massive bonuses this season, in the region of 100k and 200k, but his salary is not 750k.

You heard wrong, he's not on anywhere near 750k.

He HAS received two massive bonuses this season, in the region of 100k and 200k, but his salary is not 750k.

There were a number of things McInnes told A who told B who told me, mostly about the aborted Sevco negotiations. On his salary, B was incredulous that McInnes was rumoured to be on that much. I'm interested to know how you know though and I suspect that it can't be as much as 750. I did say that it will "all come out in the wash", as these things always do, normally years later. But where was it reported about his bonuses/salary that you are so certain?

This is the type of post that makes me want to assault the person who posted it.

Nothing heavy. Not a near death experience. Just one punch and most likely a broken nose at worst.

We all feel like assaulting Kow but let's try to repress those feelings like the time I saw him in the Bon Accord Centre.  :thumbsup:

We all feel like assaulting Kow but let's try to repress those feelings like the time I saw him in the Bon Accord Centre.  :thumbsup:

I don't see the need for repression. Surely it's obvious that this is an online forum where the possibility of acting on such feelings is zero. Particularly when, unlike you, I don't know the cunt nor indeed anyone from here in real life.

To my best knowledge, one of the points of webchatspeaksites like this is to share information. It's very rare that I share or pass on rumours but I personally don't see the harm in what I did. I'm pretty convinced that 1. Sevco didn't offer enough to tempt him, 2. there was an undue delay during the negotiations (transfer budget) and even 3. wouldn't surprise me, the Docherty blockage.

In the same conversation on Sunday when I learned this, I was also told what McInnes was supposedly on. We could hardly believe it but by putting it out there as I did, someone somewhere might have some knowledge to share and it appears that dunty does. If indeed he did get bonuses - and fuck knows what for and those sums are obscene - then maybe his total earnings this year will be absurdly generous.

When the day comes when the cunt Kow succeeds in seeking to shut down speculation and ridicule posters for sharing it, he's missing the whole point.

I don't see the need for repression. Surely it's obvious that this is an online forum where the possibility of acting on such feelings is zero. Particularly when, unlike you, I don't know the cunt nor indeed anyone from here in real life.

To my best knowledge, one of the points of webchatspeaksites like this is to share information. It's very rare that I share or pass on rumours but I personally don't see the harm in what I did. I'm pretty convinced that 1. Sevco didn't offer enough to tempt him, 2. there was an undue delay during the negotiations (transfer budget) and even 3. wouldn't surprise me, the Docherty blockage.

In the same conversation on Sunday when I learned this, I was also told what McInnes was supposedly on. We could hardly believe it but by putting it out there as I did, someone somewhere might have some knowledge to share and it appears that dunty does. If indeed he did get bonuses - and fuck knows what for and those sums are obscene - then maybe his total earnings this year will be absurdly generous.

When the day comes when the cunt Kow succeeds in seeking to shut down speculation and ridicule posters for sharing it, he's missing the whole point.

All he said was that he didn't believe your 4th-hand speculation.  :laughing:

All he said was that he didn't believe your 4th-hand speculation.  :laughing:

On which of my four points?

It wasn't speculation. And it was second hand, not fourth.

You're another cunt in need of a slap.

Edit: for all your bluster and nit-picking that you two get up two online, the rest of us take solace in the fact that both you and kow are so defective of personality you can't walk into the Masada or the Kings Bar or the Bridge or indeed any bar in any town or city and get on with people who were total strangers minutes before. Personalities like you two are sick from weakness, as beige and bland as the thoroughbred middle classes always are. Nothings.