Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Personally I see it more like the end of a long term relationship. You had some good times but now you suspect she’s cheating on you with your worst enemy. But you can’t actually bring yourself to believe it. I mean, she telt you she loves you and you were the one for her. Eventually realization sets in and ye hate the hoor....

Plenty more fish in the sea!

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy from DST on the radio shortly ago. Good opportunity to get laid into the BBC, on a plate, but never. Reasonably balanced, that aside. I think there are times to remain quite sanguine, but this wasn't one of them. It doesn't represent the majority of dons fans I dinna think.

The only thing you can’t/couldn’t do as Aberdeen Manager is move from here to any of Celtic/Rangers/(and now)Sevco.

Is it a coincidence that the one truly successful manager we’ve had in the last 30 odd years, knew it?

So it’ll be cheers for the penalty shoot out win against Inverness in the league cup final 2014. But always remeber;

It’s not even the same fucking club, that you were a squad player with, Derek. So you can fuck right off, you hun cunt.

Oh! And have fun trying to maintain Morecambe’s football league status, in a couple of years time. 

If he does go, I give him two years max at Sevco.

His mandate for this season will be second place, probably achievable. Next season after being given a bid of funds, it will be that they have to topple Celtic. The Rangers are financially years away from being able to compete with Celtic and no matter what McInnes does, he wont achieve it.

Im not sure he'll even get second this season.  We're on a bit of a downer following recent results but let's face it , the stupid thing about Sunday's game is that we got beaten by an ordinary team.  They have players on mega bucks not playing and all kinds of shit off pitch.  One poor result (0-3 to the cheeks at home?) and the rabid hordes (including SMSM) will be all over him.  He has not shown any ability to handle that, his major fault as a manger IMO.  Another factor is who we get in, apologies for the glimmer of optimism there but just because the weegia have discounted us doesn't mean we have to.  We have a decent squad, Hivs are competent so not a given for the huns.  DM to get pelters from January on and sacked one year from now.  Hope his severance deal is more cast iron than our compensation apparently is,

I have to backtrack somewhat: I don't see him coming back from this now although he has surprised us before.  DM to turn down the huns and wiggy to sack him anyway? Probably too much to expect.

The state of Kris Boyd here...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1938638/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-rangers-only-themselves-to-blame-kris-boyd/

ABERDEEN have no one to blame but themselves.

When Derek McInnes becomes Rangers manager — and that WILL now happen — there’s  no point in Stewart Milne or anyone else at Pittodrie moaning about it.

Del did his job by rejuvenating the city, let alone the football club.

He won them silverware and brought a level of success they hadn’t enjoyed for longer than  anyone could remember.

But for four years he kept getting told there would be a new training ground and stadium built?.?.?.?and he’s still waiting.

Let’s get it right; he’s on the verge of leaving Aberdeen for Rangers because it’s a bigger and better club. That’s just a fact.

There is absolutely no comparison when it comes to size and stature.

Aberdeen hate Rangers but they’re not close as football clubs.

I’m just not having this idea that Del is guilty of letting Aberdeen down. For me, it’s the other way around. He can walk out of Pittodrie with his head held high when the time comes.

In moving to Rangers, he’s only doing what any manager in their right mind would do.

One thing is for sure, there’s no way Del can stay at Aberdeen now.

Officially Rangers haven’t had permission to speak to him but we all know how it works.

They’ll have been negotiating behind the scenes, probably through a third party.

Rangers would only get in touch with the Dons when they knew Del wanted to go.

That’s just the way it works. The same way Aberdeen will have sat down and discussed what to do after they lose their manager, probably by sounding out some people who are currently in jobs themselves.

But the bottom line is that Del wants the Rangers job — and quite rightly so.

When he started as a player, his dream was to pull on the Light Blue jersey and he did that.

Had you asked him when he was starting out in management at St Johnstone where he wanted to end up, I’d bet he’d have said Rangers.

He’s now going to get that opportunity. He’s earned it.

I know some people  question the job he’s done for Aberdeen, but not me.

I look at the calibre of player he signed and the improvements he made.

I see the fact he finished above Rangers last season on a third of their budget.

Aberdeen found a level of consistency they hadn’t had in years and that was down to Del and his assistant Tony Docherty.

They know what they’re doing. They are just what Rangers need right now.

It’s only recently, after defeats to the Old Firm, that he’s probably started to ask himself how much further he could take the team.

He’ll be looking at Rangers and thinking he can make them better.

Sure, Celtic are a good way in front but I don’t buy the idea they are untouchable.

It doesn’t need to be a complete overhaul at Ibrox.

They don’t need to sign a dozen new players to close the gap — five or six could be enough.

It will still take a bit of time and there has to be realistic targets.

Nothing is going to happen overnight, but Rangers can cement their position as the second-best team in the country first and take things from there.

They’ve taken their time over this and come in for some criticism for that.

But I can understand why they wanted to look at different options before picking their No?1 target. It’s made things difficult for Del because he’s had to answer questions on it.

One thing I will say is that NO ONE at Ibrox will be safe when he takes charge. Whether it’s players or members of staff behind the scenes.

Del has a ruthless streak. He’s  single-minded and not afraid to make decisions that could be unpopular.

When he went into Aberdeen, one of the first things he did was tell one of their legends, Jim Leighton, that he could go.

He wanted to bring in Gordon Marshall and nothing was going to stop him.

I think one or two physios who had been at the club a long time were also shown the door.

So there will possibly be some people who suffer that same fate at Rangers in the coming days.

It’s nothing personal, just a ruthlessness in him to do whatever it takes. For me, that’s what the best managers have, like it or not.

Walter Smith had that. Graeme Souness had that before him.

They were single-minded and determined to do whatever was necessary to get the job done.

Devils advocate head on.....

I’m not sure why people think he won’t ‘challenge’ Celtic with Rangers. He’s proved himself more than capable of putting good, consistent runs together against every other team in the league - and he’ll be able to replicate that at ibrox I think. His problem has always been the big games. In Ronny’s last season it was our results against the Tims that ultimately prevented our ‘title challenge’ going down to the wire.

So really his ‘challenge’ will be 4 matches against Todgers Celtic, and as we all know anything can happen in an old firm game - right?

I know Celtic are miles ahead in terms of squad depth, quality, reputation, and off field affairs. But it’s quite an insight into the average dons fan’s psyche that the popular belief seems to be DMC has no chance of improving the Huns, or derailing Celtic. One thing’s for sure, they’ll offer him a better opportunity than Aberdeen did.

I’m devastated his reputation and legacy has been tarnished by all this, and I hope he fails there. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t.

I agree. He's bottled a lot of big games, but he's good at points' building. He'll do that easily at der hun, just as he did at Aberdeen when he had twice the budget of the next competitor. Lets face it, it's only the incompetent appointment of the Portuguese wank that kept them in third for as long as they were. A couple of signings in January could make a massive difference to them and take them beyond our reach. Obviously they're not going to get close this season, but a wee tidy up and they could do well. However, there's a huge caveat to that in that they have the overwhelming ability to fuck things up for themselves spectacularly, and then build on that with further fucking up until they're completely fucked. The snowball effect of a hun fuck up is a joy to watch.

The state of Kris Boyd here...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1938638/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-rangers-only-themselves-to-blame-kris-boyd/

ABERDEEN have no one to blame but themselves.

When Derek McInnes becomes Rangers manager — and that WILL now happen — there’s  no point in Stewart Milne or anyone else at Pittodrie moaning about it.

Del did his job by rejuvenating the city, let alone the football club.

He won them silverware and brought a level of success they hadn’t enjoyed for longer than  anyone could remember.

But for four years he kept getting told there would be a new training ground and stadium built?.?.?.?and he’s still waiting.

Let’s get it right; he’s on the verge of leaving Aberdeen for Rangers because it’s a bigger and better club. That’s just a fact.

There is absolutely no comparison when it comes to size and stature.

Aberdeen hate Rangers but they’re not close as football clubs.

I’m just not having this idea that Del is guilty of letting Aberdeen down. For me, it’s the other way around. He can walk out of Pittodrie with his head held high when the time comes.

In moving to Rangers, he’s only doing what any manager in their right mind would do.

One thing is for sure, there’s no way Del can stay at Aberdeen now.

Officially Rangers haven’t had permission to speak to him but we all know how it works.

They’ll have been negotiating behind the scenes, probably through a third party.

Rangers would only get in touch with the Dons when they knew Del wanted to go.

That’s just the way it works. The same way Aberdeen will have sat down and discussed what to do after they lose their manager, probably by sounding out some people who are currently in jobs themselves.

But the bottom line is that Del wants the Rangers job — and quite rightly so.

When he started as a player, his dream was to pull on the Light Blue jersey and he did that.

Had you asked him when he was starting out in management at St Johnstone where he wanted to end up, I’d bet he’d have said Rangers.

He’s now going to get that opportunity. He’s earned it.

I know some people  question the job he’s done for Aberdeen, but not me.

I look at the calibre of player he signed and the improvements he made.

I see the fact he finished above Rangers last season on a third of their budget.

Aberdeen found a level of consistency they hadn’t had in years and that was down to Del and his assistant Tony Docherty.

They know what they’re doing. They are just what Rangers need right now.

It’s only recently, after defeats to the Old Firm, that he’s probably started to ask himself how much further he could take the team.

He’ll be looking at Rangers and thinking he can make them better.

Sure, Celtic are a good way in front but I don’t buy the idea they are untouchable.

It doesn’t need to be a complete overhaul at Ibrox.

They don’t need to sign a dozen new players to close the gap — five or six could be enough.

It will still take a bit of time and there has to be realistic targets.

Nothing is going to happen overnight, but Rangers can cement their position as the second-best team in the country first and take things from there.

They’ve taken their time over this and come in for some criticism for that.

But I can understand why they wanted to look at different options before picking their No?1 target. It’s made things difficult for Del because he’s had to answer questions on it.

One thing I will say is that NO ONE at Ibrox will be safe when he takes charge. Whether it’s players or members of staff behind the scenes.

Del has a ruthless streak. He’s  single-minded and not afraid to make decisions that could be unpopular.

When he went into Aberdeen, one of the first things he did was tell one of their legends, Jim Leighton, that he could go.

He wanted to bring in Gordon Marshall and nothing was going to stop him.

I think one or two physios who had been at the club a long time were also shown the door.

So there will possibly be some people who suffer that same fate at Rangers in the coming days.

It’s nothing personal, just a ruthlessness in him to do whatever it takes. For me, that’s what the best managers have, like it or not.

Walter Smith had that. Graeme Souness had that before him.

They were single-minded and determined to do whatever was necessary to get the job done.

That fat bastard is nothing but a Hun apologist.

Living where I do obviously I know several Killie season ticket holders who are sick to their back teeth of Boyd and his pro Rangers articles whilst still being a Kilmarnock FC employee.

Ok i get it, he loves Rangers 2012 as much as he did OldCo but for fuck sake min, wind it in a bit with your very public attacks on AFC. Had the AFC player representing Scotland incident, publicly commenting upon suitability of McInnes for NewCo and sat in SKY studio last sunday with stupid little smirk on his coupon at half time and full time.

Wish he just fuck off and shut up.

That fat bastard is nothing but a Hun apologist.

Living where I do obviously I know several Killie season ticket holders who are sick to their back teeth of Boyd and his pro Rangers articles whilst still being a Kilmarnock FC employee.

Ok i get it, he loves Rangers 2012 as much as he did OldCo but for fuck sake min, wind it in a bit with your very public attacks on AFC. Had the AFC player representing Scotland incident, publicly commenting upon suitability of McInnes for NewCo and sat in SKY studio last sunday with stupid little smirk on his coupon at half time and full time.

Wish he just fuck off and shut up.

Just don't read the Sun. He's very easy to avoid.

You know what pisses me off?

This manager debacle is annoying , frustrating and slightly depressing I guess.

However, what really pisses me off is why can't these big millionaire shareholders not see some foresight and put some money into the club?

Their investment would probably assure us of a second place ffs.

Therefore gaining a financial return for themselves surely especially with the opportunities of getting to the league stages of Europe.

Fuck the Huns and Celtic ...why can't we be interested in more than them.

Let the new FOREIGN manager belittle them publicly by spending some fucking cash and stating our interests lie on Europa while we beat them during our journey.

Even with the extra resources at sevco I still don't think he will lay a glove on the dhims in the league which is why is 24-30 months he will get bulleted. He will make sevco a bit more consistant against the Hamilton's and Dundee's but he will still drop points against us, Hibs etc....matches where Celtic can and do play badly at times but still find a way to win.

I thought DM would be sensible enough to realise that now is the wrong time for him to fill the sevco hotseat. However on reflection I think he may be viewing it as now or never. We all know they are existing purely on the goodwill of the 3 bears. If/when the next admin/liquidation occurs, surely to god the SFA cannot allow any newco mk2 into the league system again ahead of any current highland/lowland league members. So sevco2 go to the bottom rung of the West juniors....

Devils advocate head on.....

I’m not sure why people think he won’t ‘challenge’ Celtic with Rangers. He’s proved himself more than capable of putting good, consistent runs together against every other team in the league - and he’ll be able to replicate that at ibrox I think. His problem has always been the big games. In Ronny’s last season it was our results against the Tims that ultimately prevented our ‘title challenge’ going down to the wire.

So really his ‘challenge’ will be 4 matches against Todgers Celtic, and as we all know anything can happen in an old firm game - right?

I know Celtic are miles ahead in terms of squad depth, quality, reputation, and off field affairs. But it’s quite an insight into the average dons fan’s psyche that the popular belief seems to be DMC has no chance of improving the Huns, or derailing Celtic. One thing’s for sure, they’ll offer him a better opportunity than Aberdeen did.

I’m devastated his reputation and legacy has been tarnished by all this, and I hope he fails there. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t.

The issue will be cash. Cash ultimately rules where teams finish (give or take). That is modern fitba.

While I don't disagree that next season, at least, we will be back to the oh so boring duopoly, that will never be enough for followers of sevco. So convinced are they that sevco and rangers are the same thing, they won't live with consistent second place finishes, and final/semi-final cup appearances.

The financial mismanagement of that club since it's inception 5 years ago is criminal but is borne of the self same sense of entitlement that caused the liquidation of the original. That, is what  McInnes' downfall will be. He has proved that he can achieve what his budget expects here, but he also proved he cannot over-achieve on said budget and that is the minimum the hun's expect.

If their board beg/borrow/thieve the funds to actually get close to the tims, they'll bankrupt the club. It is lose lose. A completely unwinnable situation for any manger. That means that McInnes either has unjustified belief in his own abilities, or is such a hun cunt that he is blind to the mess he's about to walk into. This isn't onld rangers where league and cup wins, champions league appearances gets you a gig at a Birmingham City or a Watford or Bolton, when you leave. This is a sevco gig that gets you a job at a Blackpool, Fleetwood et al, when you get sacked.

If their board beg/borrow/thieve the funds to actually get close to the tims, they'll bankrupt the club. It is lose lose.

They have zero debt. If individuals want to pour their own money in they absolutely can. That won't bankrupt anything. It would take a brave hun to call in his debts and force liquidation. They can run at a profit easily within a season, or at least at a manageable loss.

There's no bank available to force the hun into debt repayment and, by the looks of things, no obvious spiv to load on a heap more debt from elsewhere. In those terms, they're actually doing okay.

How long will those currently providing funding to keep them afloat continue to do so, once the hun hoards turn on them? I'll hazard that will be whatever season the tims are on for"10 in a row" with no sign of a title challenge from sevco. What happens then?

If funding is withdrawn, the first time there is a late payment to HMRC they'll be on them. It's the first rule of running a business, if no one else gets paid make sure HMRC do. I'd hate to think what their P32 is, let alone the corporation tax. I'd imagine those costs are what the "soft" loans are covering, now.

You know what pisses me off?

This manager debacle is annoying , frustrating and slightly depressing I guess.

However, what really pisses me off is why can't these big millionaire shareholders not see some foresight and put some money into the club?

Their investment would probably assure us of a second place ffs.

Therefore gaining a financial return for themselves surely especially with the opportunities of getting to the league stages of Europe.

Fuck the Huns and Celtic ...why can't we be interested in more than them.

Let the new FOREIGN manager belittle them publicly by spending some fucking cash and stating our interests lie on Europa while we beat them during our journey.

Have you seen the accounts for last season? We finished 3rd in the league, ok only got to 3rd and 4th round of the cups but also got to the 3rd qualifying round of Europa League which brought in gate receipts and prize money. After that we still made a loss of about £1.2m after tax. granted that included for a de-valuation of Pittodrie by £2.5ish Million. But still, there is not huge returns to be had in the Scottish game unless you get to Champions League or even the Europa league stages. It would take a huge investment and would be a huge risk. If you failed to qualify for Europa League stages you would take a huge loss. I wish that we could get a sugar daddy but unfortunately that doesn't happen in Scotland for good reason - Sky and BT are not really interested in our game as everyone is watching the EPL.

How long will those currently providing funding to keep them afloat continue to do so, once the hun hoards turn on them? I'll hazard that will be whatever season the tims are on for"10 in a row" with no sign of a title challenge from sevco. What happens then?

If funding is withdrawn, the first time there is a late payment to HMRC they'll be on them. It's the first rule of running a business, if no one else gets paid make sure HMRC do. I'd hate to think what their P32 is, let alone the corporation tax. I'd imagine those costs are what the "soft" loans are covering, now.

The soft loans aren't covering running costs as far as I'm aware. That's the season tickets. Of which they have plenty. Their prize winning costs are predictable so their budgeting can be fairly solid. Soft loans only really being required when they have to boot another manager.

Have you seen the accounts for last season? We finished 3rd in the league, ok only got to 3rd and 4th round of the cups but also got to the 3rd qualifying round of Europa League which brought in gate receipts and prize money. After that we still made a loss of about £1.2m after tax. granted that included for a de-valuation of Pittodrie by £2.5ish Million. But still, there is not huge returns to be had in the Scottish game unless you get to Champions League or even the Europa league stages. It would take a huge investment and would be a huge risk. If you failed to qualify for Europa League stages you would take a huge loss. I wish that we could get a sugar daddy but unfortunately that doesn't happen in Scotland for good reason - Sky and BT are not really interested in our game as everyone is watching the EPL.

I hear ya chris but with a little more investment im convinced we couldve done so much better.

We shouldve beaten apollon and we havnt even got a great team.

With 3 or 4 decent signings we couldve gone way further i believe.

Guess we will never know

The soft loans aren't covering running costs as far as I'm aware. That's the season tickets. Of which they have plenty. Their prize winning costs are predictable so their budgeting can be fairly solid. Soft loans only really being required when they have to boot another manager.

Fair enough. I can't say I pay any attention to their finances, only what I pick up here and there. Which is, they are consistently running at a loss and are being funded through director loans. But maybe that's wrong?

I get that the brand is a money making machine but since the demise of the original outfit there seems to be a dearth of non shady businessmen willing to associate themselves and part with their cash. And those currently doing so can't do so forever, surely?

Regardless that wasn't really my point, that being that short of £20 - 50 million (on top of what they are generating now) being found McInnes won't challenge the tims, which is what the sevco-ites expect as a minimum.