Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Dons (league cup QF)

Going to be a very difficult one on Thursday. Back to basics for me, solid at the back and in midfield and let the creative players do their thing in a recognised (for us) formation. No dicking about. Get back on track and start winning games convincingly before we try fucking about with the setup. Keep Maynard the fuck away from the game. I wasn't at the Killie game, so only going on what was said on here, but I'd go:

-----------------Lewis----------------

Logan---OConnor---Arneson--Consi

----------Ball--------Shinnie---------

--Christie-------McLean------GMS--

-----------------May-----------------

Think we need to revert to type. Tansey for Ball as an option if he's fit. Wright for GMS depending on the weather. No pricking about trying to force Rooney and May to play together.

Anyway,

Out, TV etc.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather see Wright - Stewart - Christie (or a variation of that three) as the three behind May if that's the system we're playing.  Tansey and Shinnie as the two behind them.  McLean won't be dropped but just isn't offering enough of an end product.

I still think playing Rooney up with May could work for us especially the way May runs the channels, Rooney could get a hatful off those runs - either through May squaring it or rebounds from May's shots. We can't just give it one game and decide it doesn't work. These things always take time to bed in.

FWIW I would go with exactly the same team as Rico. However I have a sneaking suspicion Deek will use this game to give McLean a rest. Though going by his recent selections I would hate to hazard a guess as to who his replacement would be.....Stewart would be the obvious one.

Need a vastly improved performance or else we will be oot on our arses...

I see fit yer saying Bobby, I just think we're way off it with the 2 up front just now. Wait until we have a bit of confidence before trying it again, or if we're trailing. The cup is too important to be fucking about with trying shite out. We've proved over 3 seasons that we can batter teams like Motherwell playing 4-2-3-1, there's no sense in buggering up our cup run. Maybe gie it a shot on Sunday if we get through.

Going to be a very difficult one on Thursday. Back to basics for me, solid at the back and in midfield and let the creative players do their thing in a recognised (for us) formation. No dicking about. Get back on track and start winning games convincingly before we try fucking about with the setup. Keep Maynard the fuck away from the game. I wasn't at the Killie game, so only going on what was said on here, but I'd go:

-----------------Lewis----------------

Logan---OConnor---Arneson--Consi

----------Ball--------Shinnie---------

--Christie-------McLean------GMS--

-----------------May-----------------

Think we need to revert to type. Tansey for Ball as an option if he's fit. Wright for GMS depending on the weather. No pricking about trying to force Rooney and May to play together.

Anyway,

Out, TV etc.

Lewis

Logan OConnor Arnie considine

Ball.    shinnie

Stewart Christie GMS

May

I would drop McLean and Christie should play through the middle.

We seem to have lost a lot of our fluency and need to get it back.

Are DMs team talks too nice.

Why do I feel the team need a huge kick up the arse?

Lewis

Logan OConnor Arnie considine

Ball.    shinnie

Stewart Christie GMS

May

I would drop McLean and Christie should play through the middle.

We seem to have lost a lot of our fluency and need to get it back.

Are DMs team talks too nice.

Why do I feel the team need a huge kick up the arse?

I'd be pleased with that line up.

Not looking forward to this one at all. Very unimpressed with the performance at the weekend and Motherwell look to be finding form. Hopefully Maynard experiment is at an end as he offers nothing. Would much rather we stuck with Rooney and May as a top 2. As Bobby said think there is potential for them to score a lot of goals playing together if we give them time to develop a partnership.

In

Lift through and hopefully time for a pint

Lower Away stand

Lift back to capital

2-1 Dons May and winner from Rooney coming off the bench

Not looking forward to this one at all. Very unimpressed with the performance at the weekend and Motherwell look to be finding form. Hopefully Maynard experiment is at an end as he offers nothing. Would much rather we stuck with Rooney and May as a top 2. As Bobby said think there is potential for them to score a lot of goals playing together if we give them time to develop a partnership.

In

Lift through and hopefully time for a pint

Lower Away stand

Lift back to capital

2-1 Dons May and winner from Rooney coming off the bench

This but maybe not a pint

I shall not be present

I shall be working

I shall still be working (maybe able to sneak a look online)

I shall still be at work

I expect a truly great first 25 minutes then a performance to forget. 1 - 1 After extra time 1=0 to Motherwell on penalties.

:-[

Do you have any basis for the optimism you're showing by thinking we'll manage to take it to pelanties?

Tanseys available for this,delaying surgery til after the next 2 games,and will be out for around a month after that.

Oot for this one

Pre / post - work / hame

Prediction - A wishful 2 - 0 win.Got a decent record there,plus the odds say we're about due a good performance - Christie,Tansey

Tanseys available for this,delaying surgery til after the next 2 games,and will be out for around a month after that.

Oot for this one

Pre / post - work / hame

Prediction - A wishful 2 - 0 win.Got a decent record there,plus the odds say we're about due a good performance - Christie,Tansey

Due a good performance but you could argue we're due a loss. We've been very lucky to be undefeated domestically this season.

Due a good performance but you could argue we're due a loss. We've been very lucky to be undefeated domestically this season.

Very lucky ? Really?  The only team that have outplayed us or dominated for most of the match was Hearts.  And we were extremely unlucky not to be a goal up and and playing against ten men from the first minute

Very lucky ? Really?  The only team that have outplayed us or dominated for most of the match was Hearts.  And we were extremely unlucky not to be a goal up and and playing against ten men from the first minute

It's a good point. I don't think we've deserved to lose any of our games other than Hearts one too. However, there is none where we've comfortably deserved the points.

I suspect what people are really saying is that we've been unconvincing against mostly bottom 6 opponents and, against what appears to be a decent Motherwell team, our performances would not warrant a victory. Do you think that's fair?