Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Dons (league cup QF)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very similar to the Hearts game, scoreline and unfortunately goalkeeper aside this time, in that we have been completely bullied and failed to respond to it.

Not a single player comes away from that performance with any sort of pass mark, the entire team were fucking atrocious.

Hate to say it, but I was not looking forward to this game, nor Sunday's, nor the entirety of our fixtures next month, and tonight's bewildering atrocity, it was clear to see why.

The manager shoulders 90 percent of the blame, but the players need to show they can respond to a bit of a scrap, and without being hysterical and in no way talking some shite about cycles, but the bottom line is, we are regressing, alarmingly so, and it's going to hit us hard this season. Obviously pray I am proved wrong and perhaps if the manager sticks to a formation and 11 like he has done for a few years now, I may well be proved wrong.

Their left back is 35 and we haven't tried to get past him even once. We have no width.

^^^^This. If McInnes hasn't noticed before now that Logan is shite going forward then he never will. He's a great right back, but he will never ever attempt to go at a player, so playing wide in some fucked up back 3 is just stupid unless we're expecting to defend the entire game. We needed proper width in either Wright, Stewart or even Christie. GMS was awful again, but if yer going to play him into form, then take the fucking defensive responsibilities off him a little. All over the shop all night, and it was almost entirely down to formation and personnel. Ball starting was fair enough if Tansey wasn't fit, but that was only based on the fact that McInnes should ken if he can play fitba or nae. He obviously canna, so McLean should have been alongside Shinnie with Wright in out wide and Christie in the middle. Rooney came on and jumped far too early for every single header. Him and May are not going to form a working partnership, they're too similar (in that they make the same runs). We needed width, not more central players. 4-2-3-1 was the only formation for tonight. Shite fae McInnes

Also, Moult. I said before the Limassol game that we needed to spend the extra money to get him on board before that game. A striker was the difference between us getting through and not getting through and it cost us. So that's the euro money, plus he's just cost us an appearance at Hampden with another excellent performance. Getting through in Europe would have meant we could have afforded May too. I suspect the board not sanctioning the extra dough is what has really cost us here (although 250K for GMfuckingS is looking like pishing money doon the canal).

Shocking display totally gutless. Reynolds....just why does he keep getting picked? And a new fucking contract to boot...

Logan has been rank past few games ana. Caught up the park far too often and has a shyte final ball.

AOC....becoming Tayloresque in his insistance in trying to dribble out of defence.

Ball...showing why he was at sevco

Shinnie....not great all season. Captaincy distracting him from his game?

Rooney.....offers fuck all without service. And right now we are offering very little service so playing him is a wasted jersey

Lewis....proving he still is nowhere near the level that Snelders and Leighton were.

GMS....still drowning

McLean.....right now Sevco can have him in January for 100k. He won't improve them one bit

Fuck it I'm away to tan a bottle of rum.....

One excuse for a team not playing well which I'll never accept is;

"They just didn't look up for it."

All football players GET PAID to do the job they claim to love so why does above line get brought out every occasion a side doesn't perform??  Derek keeps talking about there being an honesty with the lads.  I'm not convinced as we yet again fail to deliver in a big game situation.  Feel sorry for the 1,700+ that attended such a poor game from an Aberdeen perspective. 

That had been coming sadly. We have not been playing well for a while and it was only the poor standard of opposition that has prevented us from losing before now. Motherwell bullied us from the off and not one of our players looke capable of standing up to them. Cannot understand why McInnes changed the back 4 as it was one of the bright spots from Saturday. Two awful mistakes from Joe which has been unlike him in his time here. Ball looks every inch a last munute panic signing.Very poor. Shinnie had another poor game to go with Saturday's. Really need to improve quickly as we have a difficult run of games ahead of us.

I would expect/hope that GMS isn't seen for some time.

Too many players just get a game regardless. Logan, McLean, Considine, Reynolds have all been poor this season, as has Shinnie. There is no pressure on them to perform well when they know they will be an automatic pick (or near automatic pick in Reynolds case).

McInnes got it massively wrong tonight - wrong starting personnel, wrong system and there is no fight in the team.  Christie looks like he feels he has to carry us.  There was no distinct style of play from our point of view at any point.  He has to pick an eleven, in a formation that he is willing to stick with for a few matches. The players looked lost.

He's got to earn his money on Sunday now.  He has to be the big man and take the hard decisions.  Show that these performances aren't acceptable but also show he can lead the team and give them clear instructions as to what is expected from each and every one of them. Something that was sorely lacking tonight and has seen us papped out the cup to a pretty average team.

As many of us have been saying, this was coming. That doesn't make us feel good about ourselves. It's no fun supporting a club with screamingly obvious weaknesses. Only a twisted mind takes pleasure from our own failures.

What fucks me off the most is the continuation of the obvious. I don't know how much more we spend on wages against the likes of Motherwell, Dundee, Partick and Kilmarnock but on the pitch, we don't look any better than them this season.

I just don't get it.

We have seen GMS play very well for the Dons.

I can say the same for Wright, Stewart, Christie, McLean, Ball, Ross, Rooney, Logan, Lewis, Considine, OConnor, Shinnie and May.

Can they all be playing shit at the same time for a number of games? (Maybe not Christie or Lewis).

I asked the question after the Apollon game and though didn't panic, presumed something wasn't quite right in the squad.

I don't buy the balance argument or fitness pish.

I'm going to stick my neck out and probably get hammered for this but gonna say that McInnes is at fault here.

Either he is pissing people off, mixing players and positions up too much or just inept or bored.

Whatever it is, sort it out fast or we are fucked in the next month.

(P.s. Why are we not playing better teams pre-season?)

I just don't get it.

We have seen GMS play very well for the Dons.

I can say the same for Wright, Stewart, Christie, McLean, Ball, Ross, Rooney, Logan, Lewis, Considine, OConnor, Shinnie and May.

Have we? One goal and an assist aside, he has never convinced for a full 90. He is not a player I wanted us to sign and I've seen nothing since to change my mind on that.  He has a heart the size of a pea. Absolutely no fight in him whatsoever.

Ball - if we've seen him play very well for the Dons then I really don't want to see him when he's had a bad game.

I'm going to stick my neck out and probably get hammered for this but gonna say that McInnes is at fault here.

It's hardly sticking your neck out when everyone could see that the McInnes was the crux of the problem last night.  His players merely accentuated that by playing like a group of guys who had never met each other before never mind played with each other.

(P.s. Why are we not playing better teams pre-season?)

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that isn't the issue.

I think the issue is balance.

McInnes prefers to play 4231

GK Lewis

LB None

LCB Reynolds, Considine, Arnason

RCB O'Connor

RB Logan

LCDM Shinnie

RCDM Ball

LAM Stewart GMS Wright

CAM Christie Tansey McLean

RAM None

CF Rooney May Maynard

That's why we're getting the experimentation with the formations. There are very good players there but with such over abundances in some positions and (arguably) none in others...

The three forwards are far too similar, it's frustrating to watch them all make the same runs, take up the same positions and just generally get in each others way. 

I wasnt talkin dms tactics .

I was saying there is unrest in the team due to him perhaps.

You weren't saying anything. You were rambling, taking the scattergun approach.

I just don't get it.

Whatever it is, sort it out fast or we are fucked in the next month.

"I asked the question" you said. You ask a lot of questions.

How about you answer one for a change? How about an easy one, one that only you can answer?

What did you mean when you wrote this?

"I don't buy the balance argument or fitness pish".

For central midfielders it really shouldn't matter what "side" you are.

There seems to be "consequence management" for some of the team, but that doesn't apply to others. Guys like GMS are getting into the team simply because it's their turn.  All of that means we are unlikely to see a cohesive side on the pitch.

I'm not unchilled. I'm simply sitting here in utter incredulity at what you're "saying".

Again. Although there is an argument that you're saying fuck all.

You did say this however.

You don't recognise that fitness and team balance are influencers in football?

Now ur talking shite.

I didnt say that at all.

I said people were blaming players not being fit for poor results. I didnt believe that to be true against apollon etc.

Im still really upset u wont be my friend in real life ya zoomfuck.

:rofl: