Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Dons (league cup QF)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have thought they'd have wanted this done as soon as they could considering delaying it could mean he's out of a semi final, potentially, and Celtic at home

Think exactly the same as you Bobby. Strikes me as extremely strange move. I like what I've seen of Tansey and would rather get him back on the park sooner rather than later to be honest.

It's a good point. I don't think we've deserved to lose any of our games other than Hearts one too. However, there is none where we've comfortably deserved the points.

I suspect what people are really saying is that we've been unconvincing against mostly bottom 6 opponents and, against what appears to be a decent Motherwell team, our performances would not warrant a victory. Do you think that's fair?

Aye.  Fairer than th....

Fairer than th......

Fairer than th......

Ah , fuck it !

Very lucky ? Really?  The only team that have outplayed us or dominated for most of the match was Hearts.  And we were extremely unlucky not to be a goal up and and playing against ten men from the first minute

Hearts should have beaten us, Dundee could have beaten us with the chances they missed, and even Thistle could have taken the points. Don't remember the others games much but I'm not talking about being out played or dominated, we have given up a lot of chances and could have easily lost more goals and games. We've been fortunate not to have been punished.

Would have thought they'd have wanted this done as soon as they could considering delaying it could mean he's out of a semi final, potentially, and Celtic at home

He must feel having Tansey now gives us more chance of getting to the semis in the first place.By that time Ball might be more up to speed to fill his place...

He must feel having Tansey now gives us more chance of getting to the semis in the first place.By that time Ball might be more up to speed to fill his place...

I don't get the impression Deek views Tansey as a starter at the moment, which is why I think it's a strange move. However, it could be something more simple that we don't even think about such as availability of a surgeon or some such. The club has maybe been given a couple of dates and thought, we might as well keep him available for a couple of games. Thing is, we're only really holding him back by 3 working days (if surgeons dinna dee wikends) if we keep him in the squad until Monday, and the extra week that'll take to get him back is probably nae going to make a difference if he's out for a month. I doubt McInnes would throw him straight back in for the Tims after 4 weeks out after an op. He'll take another couple to get back to fitness. Probably a smart move, even if he only comes off the bench tonight to score the winning free-kick.

Team for tonight.Make of it what you will    :confused

Lewis

Logan

OConnor

Reynolds

Considine

Shinnie

MacLean

Ball

GMS

Christie

May

Also confused. Seven left footed players as well. McInnes usually likes balance so that's surprising.

Seems a lot more defensive though, which might be sensible, I predict a tight affair, hopefully with us shading it.

Lewis

Logan        O'Connor                Reynolds              Consi

Ball                        Shinnie

GMS                              McLean                          Christie

May

I would (Eden) hazard a guess, though I'd rather Christie was where he seems to be at his best, in the middle, not out wide.