Author Topic: Ryan Jack  (Read 20485 times)

Offline baggy89

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 41
  • God forgives, I don't.
Re: Ryan Jack
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
Twitter is hilarious. Sevco fans claiming he's a world beater and we have been clamouring for a Scotland  call up for him for years. If it happens, their disappointment next season when they realise they signed the least inspiring of our midfield three will be a delight.  Even more hilarious is their claims he supported them as a boy. Can just imagine the conversation at his school, "who do you support Ryan?"
Wee Ryan Jack "you won't have heard of them yet because they won't be formed until 2012 but they're the greatest  team ever, they're going to win the Petrofac Training Cup and ahthing ".

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 54
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
Considine captaining the team in the second half today spoke volumes.

But I see no reason DM would give him 45 today if Jack wasn't going to play a part next week, which is really disappointing.

The attitude of the other subs to him today - McGinn and Shinnie in particular - said a lot. They had a laugh as they didn't want to walk out beside him as the subs came out.  Jack looked stoney faced and stared ahead the whole walk up the side of the pitch.

He's a wee rat bastard and he's played McInnes like a fiddle.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline Peterheid Loon

• Globe Reds Member
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-set-sign-aberdeen-skipper-10462973

This guy should not be anywhere NEAR the final.

It's already done and dusted, if it wasn't for the cup final it would have been announced by now. They won't get Paterson he's going to the English Championship.

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 38
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »
McInnes has a massive decision to make re Jack and the cup final - absolutely cannot be in the right frame of mind and we need a totally united support at Hampden, canny be booing one of our players when we need to be focusing on the team and 100% encouraging them.

So fuck him and don't have anywhere near the cup final

I hope he has left our club in the next couple of days

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 112
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
I would never wish injury on him or anything like that, he probably feels a move to them will get him a Scotland cap - and you know what, he's probably right. It's pathetic.

I don't think our chances of winning next Saturday are particularly enhanced by his presence, so if I was DM I'd be tempted to leave him out, or leave him on the bench. If we do win, I don't want to see him lifting the cup.

Can anyone refresh my memory.....Last time we won the Scottish cup, was that not Charlie Nicholas's last game for us? And was his return to Celtic not common knowledge before that game?  :dunno:
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline 100% Anti Kingsford

• First Team
  • Rating: -182
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »
I dont think the manager could have been any more transparent if he tried post match:

"Ask everyone to enjoy the week, and support the team.  Lets concentrate on what is important".

Same petty stuff went on when Ryan Christie joined, same knee-jerk reactions.  Its a PR disaster for Ryan Jack but its not important really.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:16 PM »
Was indeed Charlie's last game for us. And yes his return to the Dhims had been announced a few weeks earlier.

And he stuck away the penalty with aplomb.

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 38
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
I dont think the manager could have been any more transparent if he tried post match:

"Ask everyone to enjoy the week, and support the team.  Lets concentrate on what is important".

Same petty stuff went on when Ryan Christie joined, same knee-jerk reactions.  Its a PR disaster for Ryan Jack but its not important really.

It's hardly the same thing tho. I'm pretty sure if our captain had announced he was signing for Dundee Utd we would all have wished him & his career well.

Talking to a Celtic fan tonight and he agrees the timing is a disgrace and I believe as supporters we are allowed to feel concerned re our team's prep for one of the biggest games we have played in recent seasons

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
Jack hasn't announced anything other than he is leaving.

The papers are the ones claiming to be in the know - hardly surprising as they make money off spreading rumours.

Offline CvB

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2017, 06:01:09 AM »
Jack hasn't announced anything other than he is leaving.

The papers are the ones claiming to be in the know - hardly surprising as they make money off spreading rumours.

That's true, but the silence from Jack is deafening. He knows what the papers say and he also knows what the fans will think, yet still he's keeping quiet.
That says it all.

What we want is transparency, not this circus that has started around one players defection. A circus that comes right before the Scottish Cup Final. If he wants to keep everything a secret then go and do it in a beach resort somewhere and keep the fuck away from the real football shit because the last thing we need as a club is the distraction.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
He also deleted his Twitter account on Saturday.  That points to one thing.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
He also deleted his Twitter account on Saturday.  That points to one thing.

Ha ha as spineless as his captaincy. Cretin.

You make a move like that, have the balls to stand up for it. I really hope he gets what he deserves.

Offline 100% Anti Kingsford

• First Team
  • Rating: -182
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
Would not be slightest bit surprised to see Ryan Jack leading team out with armband on come Saturday 3pm.

If its a disastrous result its meltdown on here and twitter.

Couldn't care less who he signs for, but shouldn't start cup final and somebody asked about transparency. Certainly a lot of bullshit going on as supposedly he had a groin tear and operation only for him to look pretty fit to me v Thistle. Very very quick recovery.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:57:59 AM by 100% Anti Kingsford »

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 123
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Would not be slightest bit surprised to see Ryan Jack leading team out with armband on come Saturday 3pm.

And no one would be tugging over it more than you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:00:49 PM by Tyrant »

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »

what makes you think he'd have the armband on for the cup final when he didn't get it yesterday?

Online KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
I remember when the rumour surfaced months ago, the Zombie horde were beeling, he's pish, he's no even their best player etc...

Now the likelihood is he'll go there, he's now a captain in the making for them, better than their entire central midfield, a pure minted Scottish prospect ( He's 25, hardly a prospect as such ) the list is endless, they really are the gift that keeps on giving.

I can't wait til they spend around 2-3 million in total and the promise of the 10+ million to spend comment gets completely ignored, happy clapping cockwombles.
Fuck the Tories

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 112
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
The manager has put a lot of faith in Jack, persuaded him to stay when we could have made a healthy profit from him leaving, made him captain despite the concerns of the fans, and even now he's speaking up about concentrating on (and enjoying the build up to) a huge game next weekend, rather than thinking about individual players. He's still protecting Jack and the best interests of AFC, saying the right things and oozing class as always.

Now it seems Ryan Jack will repay that loyalty and faith by signing for our bitterest rivals, and giving Mcinnes a horrible situation to deal with prior to our biggest game in years.

Jack can go to the Huns, that's his choice, but there should have been no discussions with them and no rumours about it coming out until AFTER the cup final. He's let Aberdeen fc, McInnes, and the fans down really badly.  >:D
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline gosgka

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 6
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »
what happens if he plays in finale and Scott Brown breaks his leg with one of his ooops he didn't mean it tackles will he still be Zombie bound ?     p.s. first ever post so be nice

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 3
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
what happens if he plays in finale and Scott Brown breaks his leg with one of his ooops he didn't mean it tackles will he still be Zombie bound ?     p.s. first ever post so be nice

Ur not gogs from abmad who was there years ago are you?

Welcome.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 123
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »
Ur not gogs from abmad who was there years ago are you?

Welcome.

If he is he's spelled "Gogs" wrong.  ;)