Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really rated Jack.

Always thought he was a waste of a place. Its in abmad many times from me.

But while he is an aberdeen player and even if he leaves for another club, i wish him well.

If he signs for the huns, ill be a bit disappointed but hes really no loss in the teams performance respect.

I wont be bitter either.

We have rebuilding to do and thwts far more important.

Starts on Sunday.  Likely to be in for the final then, you'd have to imagine.

The way I read it was that he was meaning Ryan Christie will start on Sunday.

There was another tweet saying Pawlett and Jack will travel but still have work to do.

Starts on Sunday.  Likely to be in for the final then, you'd have to imagine.

He can fuck right off as far as final is concerned in my opinion.

Shinnie ten times the captain that Jack ever was or ever will be.

Personally wouldn't let him even near the squad

The way I read it was that he was meaning Ryan Christie will start on Sunday.

There was another tweet saying Pawlett and Jack will travel but still have work to do.

The Dons skipper has also been linked with a move to MLS side Columbus Crew but according to McInnes, no official approach has been made.

Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, the McInnes said: “Ryan has informed me in the past couple of days he’s leaving but there’s been no official approach from anyone.”

He added:”Ryan has been fantastic since he came here, he’s a fantastic boy, I’ve enjoyed working with him and he starts on Sunday [against Partick Thistle].”

The midfielder is free to speak to clubs with his contract set to expire at the end of the current season.

That does read as though it's Christie he's talking about, but the P&J have their Ryans mixed up!

For me, it's the sensible thing to do, confirm that he's leaving that is.

I now eagerly anticipate his destination, as it was only a week or 2 ago that McInnes had Jack's assurances that his likely destination would be England & he had no intention of going to Rangers.

A massive kick in the stones to the club as a whole if he does go there, as obviously he's made himself out to be a lying little cretin. But we shall see.

Said on another thread a few days ago, Tansey may lack the bite that Jack brings, but he's a better footballer overall and I doubt we will really miss him. Of course, if he does go to England, or even America, best of luck to him.

Conditionally wish him well.  He goes to the blue shite, fuck him and his career.  I liked Jack, but he isn't and never was, captain material, not saying that's his fault though.

Pretty much this. 

We gave him the captaincy to retain him last time round, it didn't work, and i suspect we didn't make anywhere near as strong an offer to keep him this time round given we now have Shinnie (captain in waiting) and McLean. 

Certainly a distinct lack of "we want to build a team around him" chat from Deek this time, and i'm guessing Jack is injured for the rest of the season hence why the decision has been reached early - good for both us and him to conclude quickly.

If he does choose to go to Petulant Pedro, he knows how that would be viewed by Dons fans, so how Jack responds to Sevco will be a fairly good indicator of his level of respect for a club that he has spent his entire career at.

As i said before, innocent until proven guilty, so let's just see.

Said on another thread a few days ago, Tansey may lack the bite that Jack brings, but he's a better footballer overall and I doubt we will really miss him. Of course, if he does go to England, or even America, best of luck to him.

Wouldn't ever have associated "bite" with Ryan Jack, so if Tansey doesn't have Jack's bite he must be a pussy.

Him and McLean can compare their nails and eyebrow treatment in the dressing room.  ;)

Wouldn't ever have associated "bite" with Ryan Jack, so if Tansey doesn't have Jack's bite he must be a pussy.

Him and McLean can compare their nails and eyebrow treatment in the dressing room.  ;)

I don't really remember Jack shirking tackles and he never shyed away from getting in opposition players faces whenever a scuffle broke out, he did have a bit of a nasty streak about him, just nowhere near enough.

I don't really remember Jack shirking tackles and he never shyed away from getting in opposition players faces whenever a scuffle broke out, he did have a bit of a nasty streak about him, just nowhere near enough.

He's not going to shirk the tackles the way McLean has, but he's hardly Neale Cooper.  Going in for tackles is the bare minimum I'd expect for any of our players never mind a centre midfielder.

He's not going to shirk the tackles the way McLean has, but he's hardly Neale Cooper.  Going in for tackles is the bare minimum I'd expect for any of our players never mind a centre midfielder.

I am agreeing with you Bobby, my main point is, Tansey isn't that type of midfielder. Overall, we won't miss Jack with McLean, Shinnie & now Tansey coming pre-season.

Today I was informed Jack is wanted by Hibs, Hearts, Rangers and MK Dons.  Rangers have made approaches to his agent for discussions but things have been a PR up in the air for him given the impending Scottish Cup Final. 

Story is from his partner via another female.  Leaving Aberdeen for elsewhere.

No idea if he really is injured or its a smokescreen.

Overall its all a bit of a PR own goal for him as he is not going to be involved much for the final now so its a shame really or at least he shouldn't be in the final.  It all becomes a PR own goal for the club and McInnes if he leaves for rivals and gets to play in the final especially after being 'injured'. 

Its glaringly obvious who the captain should be next week.

Eric Black told Ferguson a few weeks before 1986 final he wanted to leave and was told not to come back to the club as team needed to focus on the final v Hearts.

I would say next week is crucial - crucial team focuses and everyone knows who is doing what for next week.  As far as I am aware Ryan Christie shakes hands and says goodbye on Sunday after Thistle.  McInnes should say to Jack no problem where you are going but stay away until after the SCF.

One thing I do like about Tansey is his acumen with shooting from distance.  He's more often on than not getting them on target and he's always looking to have a ping.  I would be willing to wager he get's at least 5 shot's from outside the box next season. 

Re Jack I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he ended up at MK Dons with Pawlett. 

At MK Dons or Rangers he can get x4 times the wages he gets at Aberdeen on a 3 year contract.  Not sure this is one offer at Hearts/Hibs. 

Its money really - not the level of wages on offer at Aberdeen.

MK Dons are almost identical in size (although obviously not quality  ;) ) to us.  For 2015/16:

Their wage bill = £8million, ours = $7million.

Their revenue = £12million, ours = £13.5million

Their average attendance = 13K, ours = 13K

Their debt = £8million, our debt =  ;D

And that was when they were in the Championship, they have dropped to L1 now.

Sources:

MK Dons

Real Dons

I would imagine MK Dons want him that isn't to say he will sign for him.  I have spoken to someone today who is friends with his wife/partner.  He is off out of Aberdeen as he can get more money elsewhere and has clubs wanting to sign him.  He would easily get £8K a week at Rangers they have got 41,000 season ticket holders.

No of us know what MK Dons are offering players but I'd not be the slightest bit surprised if he gets a bit more from that sort of club due to money on offer down south.

To be quite frank and brutally honest he has never been much of a captain.  Why this player got the armband is a mystery.  A neat tidy player but he has no leadership whatsoever.  Shinnie is simply captain material.

Its not a case of good riddence but its is very much a case of so what?  And, if the height of Rangers ambition to overtake Celtic is players like Ryan Jack then we have nothing to worry about.

No idea why some Dons fans are getting knickers in a twist over Ryan Jack leaving - no matter whom he signs for.  He is out of contract, player free to go wherever he wants, sign for whoever he wants and play for whoever he wants.  Could not give a flying hoot if he signs for Rangers.

To be brutally honest Jack was never much of a player. Much of a muchness player who is neat and tidy but has no leadership qualities and should never have been captain of Aberdeen not in a million years. 

He should not get anywhere near the Scottish cup final team. In 7 years playing for Aberdeen he has never been a fans favourite, never heard his name being chanted on mass by Dons fans and is easily replaced. 

Perfectly understand that wages on offer down south are far in excess of what we can offer. Even at league 1 level. Wages on offer at sevco also likely to be twice what we can offer.

Footballers career is short. Career ending injuries happen fairly frequently too. So no one could blame Jack for chasing as much cash as possible while he can.

European football, chance of the odd cup win at sevco versus a midweek game on a rainy February night in some shithole like Fleetwood or Peterborough in front of 4000 fans. No brainer really.

But that cunt knows what it means to each and every one of us. So if he goes there he goes with my wishes of a career ending injury. ( He would get a decent insurance payout and Sevco have to pick up the wages on whatever is left on his contract.....everyone wins except der Hun ).

Absolute bollocks! Seriously what planet are you on? Are you some sort of sad sack bored and comes on to forums making out you are "the man in the know" because what you have said is utter pish about MK Dons.

They are a kick in the arse off what top level Aberdeen players would get paid and your second post after this says "none of us knows what MK Dons are offering players"

Erm, make your mind up is it x4 what he gets at Aberdeen as you have said or is it the none of us knows post which you also said? Fuck me are you bipolar?

How is it going in Peterhead.  Has the Blue toon moved into the 21st century yet?

Last time I was there I stayed 10 minutes - thank god.