Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

Would be a dreadful move for him, reckon it's the championship or no move if he's got any sense.

The Championship would be a good move for him financially, an awful move for his style of play.  Not a lot of football played in that division and he'd find the ball whizz past him in most matches.  The continent would be better for his style, but money talks and all that.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great move if true.  Great lifestyle, good facilities and fantastic cities.  You are also playing against good players.

The Championship and League 1 in England you can become lost - its so easy to go down their and be forgotten and get loaned out to League 1, League 2 club as stakes are so high.

USA offers a lot if you are successful. 

So, to be honest its a risk wherever he goes.

I definitely agree with this bit. He's comfortable in the SPFL even though he's not really set the Heather alight. I can see the non footballing benefits of playing in the US, but as far as his career goes, seems a bit of a waste at his age (no offence mentor as I know you're a crew fan).

Great move if true.  Great lifestyle, good facilities and fantastic cities.  You are also playing against good players.

The Championship and League 1 in England you can become lost - its so easy to go down their and be forgotten and get loaned out to League 1, League 2 club as stakes are so high.

USA offers a lot if you are successful. 

Very Different to Scottish game. Fly to every game, Playing in different time zones, some extreme weather conditions, playing at altitude in some cities. Can be away from home for a week if they have a game on the West Coast during the week then another West Coast game at the weekend. A Number of teams have artificial grass fields. If he comes here thinking it is easy money then he is set up to fail .

I remember talking to Jamie Smith when he played for Colorado and he said you don't get to see much of the cities, Mostly see Airports and Hotels. Most MLS stadiums are on the outskirts of the City.

• 2 weeks later...

King Kirk ( Sevco media's resident version of Comical Ali) announcing that Jack has signed a 3 year deal with der hun.

Ordinarily i would now be spewing up my dinner but this is the roaster who assured the orc hordes 2 years ago that there was no way on earth that Scott Allan would sign for anyone other than the WATP tribute act. Oh dear Kirk old bean...that went well. He also assured his neanderthal band of hunter/gatherers back in January that Aberdeen's bottle would crash and sevco would finish comfortably in second place in the league. (Step away from the entrance to Ladbrokes Kirk).....

Calling it out as shyte yet again

King Kirk ( Sevco media's resident version of Comical Ali) announcing that Jack has signed a 3 year deal with der hun.

Ordinarily i would now be spewing up my dinner but this is the roaster who assured the orc hordes 2 years ago that there was no way on earth that Scott Allan would sign for anyone other than the WATP tribute act. Oh dear Kirk old bean...that went well. He also assured his neanderthal band of hunter/gatherers back in January that Aberdeen's bottle would crash and sevco would finish comfortably in second place in the league. (Step away from the entrance to Ladbrokes Kirk).....

Calling it out as shyte yet again

Plenty of gossip surrounding it and that portuguese fud has been quoted as being interested.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Plenty of gossip surrounding it and that portuguese fud has been quoted as being interested.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Got to say I agree with that.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was mileage in this

Would make for an interesting return to Pittodrie next season if it was true

Wow....all of the reemergence of the Jacko to the hun rumor hitting the press right before we play them. Got to just love a coincidence eh?

I hope McInnes goes fucking rogue in his presser and calls the hun, the portugeezer and the media out as shit stirring pricks.

Aye, would have held more sway if the last Jack rumours hadn't appeared just before our previous game against them. They might have picked a player who wisnae injured mind you if they were attempting to put us off.

Hypothetically though, if it were to be announced before the cup final that Jack was joining der Hun next season, would anyone still want to see him on the pitch in the final?

Aye, would have held more sway if the last Jack rumours hadn't appeared just before our previous game against them. They might have picked a player who wisnae injured mind you if they were attempting to put us off.

Hypothetically though, if it were to be announced before the cup final that Jack was joining der Hun next season, would anyone still want to see him on the pitch in the final?

Absolutely not.

I've not wanted to see him on the pitch for about 2 years now.

:)

Not a chance. His mere presence and the ensuing shitstorm from the crowd would put the rest of the team off. If that's where he is off to then I hope his locker is already empty and his access pass revoked.

I think I'd struggle to enter the ground if he was announced in the starting line up under those circumstances. I'd seriously consider not renewing my season ticket also.

But at the same time, I wouldn't want my hypothetical scenario to foster (excuse the pun) any ill will toward our captain and faithful servant based on innuendo from the weegie press.

I think it would be a lot easier if Jack himself, or the club, just confirmed what we already know, in that he won't be renewing his contract.

We've already announced Greg Tansey signing, so don't see why it should matter to us or Jack, if we do the same.

He could easily say he's not staying, but either genuinely hasn't decided where he's going or just announce he's going to the Huns. I genuinely couldn't care less if that is where he goes. He's not a captain, and he's only really bothered to turn up more recently. I have no doubt he's a steady, decent SPFL midfielder, when you consider what else is out there, but he's not a patch on the Severin's, Nicholson's, Heikkinen's etc.... Plus, as I've alluded too, we already replaced him months ago, with Tansey, who's probably more of a goal threat, better passer and generally a better player, although he lacks the same bite that Jack brings.

I don't really feel we are weakened when Jack goes, plus it'll mean Shinnie will be the permanent captain and alongside Tansey, it's pretty much as you were, if not slightly more creative.