Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/23/gb-aberdeen-leading-chase-for-brian-easton/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2017/01/23/gb-aberdeen-leading-chase-for-brian-easton/

Not sure of the quality of the site but seems we have been linked with Brian Easton, could be a signal that Shinnie is indeed our new central midfielder... or it could be bollocks.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/23/gb-aberdeen-leading-chase-for-brian-easton/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2017/01/23/gb-aberdeen-leading-chase-for-brian-easton/

Not sure of the quality of the site but seems we have been linked with Brian Easton, could be a signal that Shinnie is indeed our new central midfielder... or it could be bollocks.

Not sure but I think that was the same site that first reported that Cardiff were after Hayes.

Easton is another who takes a decent free kick but cant see what else he offers that Shinnie doesnt do better (perhaps marginally better in the air). I wonder if  this is true that either Consi or Taylor have indicated that they are offski in the summer.

Ryan Christie is just bizarre IMHO. Been nowhere near Dhims first team so his match fitness will be atrocious. Honestly think he would be a passenger for at least the first month whilst he got up to speed and even then his form is  not guaranteed to be good. Only winners I can see coming from this would be the boy himself and longer term the Dhims.

As I've said before May represents a roughly 2k a week gamble which could go either way but if theres a possibility of a long term deal being done in the summer its a risk worth taking, especially if we cann offload Storey to anywhere which would probably cover half the 2k per week for May

Whilst I dislike the idea of Christie coming here, I think he has played a handful of times this season and there was one game I think he played quite well in. If we've got a defined option to buy him (subject to his agreement obviously) at the end of the deal then I have no problem with it. If we're just training a guy up to return to a rival, I don't like it (I don't actually like us breeding guys like Maddison etc ahead of our own, but I understand it). Even though I am pretty much resigned to the fact that the Tims are no longer our rivals, but a team in a league of their own that sit comfortably above the rest due to massive financial superiority.

Shinnie is an interesting one. He's performed a good partnership with Jack in the middle, to the extent that they are really our only viable option in there at present unless we're playing at home and want to release another midfielder into the attack (that does seem to congest the attack though, illustrated by Pawlett coming on against Stranraer). Shinnie is an intelligent player who allows Jack to push forward and knows when to hold his position. If he's keen to play there and not keen to play left back then we need to make it pretty clear from this window on that he's playing that role and get someone in to address the left back spot. We also need another midfielder in to challenge him and Jack for that spot and that will determine if he really is good enough for centre mid (I suspect he is). Is Easton that left back? I'm not convinced. Strong defensively and a decentish crosser when he gets into position, but slow when up against a quick player. He's basically Considine. If we get him, then it's a straight choice between Considine and Reynolds at centre half, with one leaving in the summer. I'd prefer a quicker left back so we can go kamikaze at the opposition, but at the same time I see the benefits of the lop-sided strong tackling defender at left back giving space for a good winger (Hayes in our case) to stretch his legs in front of him.

May would be good. Direct competition for Rooney only though. None of this "he can play out wide too" pish.

Don't mind the Christie deal. Wish we were buying players but this is the current reality. Hope it's a rent to own and a price has already been agreed. We picked up McGinn from Celtic when his contract expired, if Christie is a success and we can pick him up that's great. If he's a dud, goodbye at the years end. Hope we get the same type of deal for May.

Shinnie is not an outstanding midfielder but we do well with him in there. I've always said we needed 2 central midfielders including an enforcer in there and Shinnie is not that guy. We still need to add here. If Shinnie is becoming a midfielder which I'm fine with then we definitely need to sign a left back - a left footed Logan please.

So, hopefully May replaces Burns and Storey, Christie replaces Maddison. Means we need a LB and CM.

Well that's the last we'll see of Maddison then.

To those excited by the recruitment on loan of Christie, wait until you see the screens hot of his tweet from the day we played Hibs in the cup semi.

Like father, like son. A pair of Aberdeen FC hating tossers

Don't mind the Christie deal. Wish we were buying players but this is the current reality. Hope it's a rent to own and a price has already been agreed. We picked up McGinn from Celtic when his contract expired, if Christie is a success and we can pick him up that's great. If he's a dud, goodbye at the years end. Hope we get the same type of deal for May.

Shinnie is not an outstanding midfielder but we do well with him in there. I've always said we needed 2 central midfielders including an enforcer in there and Shinnie is not that guy. We still need to add here. If Shinnie is becoming a midfielder which I'm fine with then we definitely need to sign a left back - a left footed Logan please.

So, hopefully May replaces Burns and Storey, Christie replaces Maddison. Means we need a LB and CM.

Dont hold your breath.McInnes said in the paper today he's looking to add 2 before the end of the window.Christie is the first one....

I don't understand the Easton interest if he's another Considine.  I don't believe Considine has a future as a central defender at Aberdeen under McInnes.  Deek has shown a marked reluctance to play him there. I'm sure he believes (quite rightly IMO) that Conso is not good enough to be a first choice centre back for us. Following a real loss of confidence/form by our other centre backs Conso was given a wee run in central defence this season, but that was a gamble by a manager not liking the look of his other options.  He started off promisingly enough but then had a few stinkers and was removed from the danger area.  I think that will have solidified in Deek's mind the idea that Considine is not the answer in central defence.

I just don't buy the idea that Easton would come here to free Conso to play central defence.  If we get a good left back, Conso is on the bench.  Assuming Deek doesn't play the new left back as a striker of course.

ps Anthony,how did a Russian become an Aberdeen fan?

I do not even remember, long ago it was. Always interested in Scottish football and Scotland - then as it drew to Aberdeen.

Here in Russia there is only the fans of Celtic and Rangers - except that I stand out!  ;)