Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

Quite an honest, and strange, way for a manager to be talking about a player soon to be out of contract. (DM on Jack's situation)

I think he's basically saying that Jack is good enough to do better and a player of his ability shouldn't still be here in 3 years time. It shows he's as disappointed with Jack's progress as the rest of us but that it isn't too late for him to turn it round. I'd agree. He's right, our players have got to want something bigger and better and Aberdeen should be seen as a stepping stone to better things. That's a good standard to set. Hopefully Jack will respond to it. I think he will.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's basically saying that Jack is good enough to do better and a player of his ability shouldn't still be here in 3 years time. It shows he's as disappointed with Jack's progress as the rest of us but that it isn't too late for him to turn it round. I'd agree. He's right, our players have got to want something bigger and better and Aberdeen should be seen as a stepping stone to better things. That's a good standard to set. Hopefully Jack will respond to it. I think he will.

That's how I read it too, quite refreshing really. Just hope Jack responds in the way we all hope he will  :thumbsup:

Really dont expect us to sign anyone whilst the manager and squad are in Dubai. Although if Cardiff offer 750k I suspect Jonny will be allowed to head home and complete the move.

Does really piss me off though that we always wait till the last minute to attempt to get deals done in January. Any minor snag on deadline day....adverse weather etc could totally fuck up a potential signing.

£500k is an insult.

Like I said yesterday though, I fear if an offer around the £1million mark comes in then it will be accepted.

It will be interesting to see what sort of reaction Hayes will take to this now.

He seems like a decent pro with a good head on his shoulders. I'd like to think he knows,  as no doubt DM would have told him, that he's worth more than that derisory figure. It will be interesting to see how the club would react to a lowly seven figure sum.

Low seven figures....aye just the 4 million?

Ha ha it was more in reference to Reidzer estimation of a million (no deal). Suppose we could let him go for 4...although I'd argue he plays a big part between finishing 2nd and 4th - which is not an option - so i'd rather keep him.

Ha ha it was more in reference to Reidzer estimation of a million (no deal). Suppose we could let him go for 4...although I'd argue he plays a big part between finishing 2nd and 4th - which is not an option - so i'd rather keep him.

2nd gives us £500k or so more in league prize money and takes us into Europe which gives us about £2m in TV, gates etc (going by the last couple of European jaunts). Any less than £2.5m is selling us short.

We'd be able to get a couple of good players with £2m in the bank, I'd settle for that and look to take Henderson from Celtic and O'Halloran from sevco with the money.

Top dollar for McGinn, given less than 6 months left will be peanuts. We would be better holding on to him if it means achieving second place over third or even fourth given the differing levels of prize monies and Euro qualification rounds required.

In terms of Hayes, we have rejected a bid from Cardiff believed to be in the region of £500k, given he has 18 months left on his deal the club should be looking at 7 figures and some kind of sell-on clause plus other add-ons.

Imagine, if you will, Hayes joins Cardiff or whoever for £1m plus appearance/goal related monies for another 500k and a 20% sell-on. He has a storming first 6 months with them and a West Brom or the likes come in and offer £5m for him (not unreasonable given the dearth of half decent left wingers currently plying their trade in the EPL) - that's another £1m at least for us.

Just watched young Scott Wright's interview on Redtv, pretty much all but confirming he'll be going out on loan.

Also, watched McInnes' too, the first minute of it is rather amusing, a fly takes the piss right out of him, I may be easily amused right enough, but found it fucking hilarious.  :laughing:

I missed the fly bit, but was listening to it at work so will have to give it a watch next time!  Agree about Wright though, he has to since he's not going to get much time at the mo.

Heard today that Elliot Frear of Forest Green Rovers is the subject of two rejected bids from an unnamed SPFL side.

He's apparently kicking off about it "doing a Payet".

Who knows if it's us or not but there can't be many SPFL sides able to actually buy players. Plus he's a winger.

Difficult to judge but he's easily FGR's best player and assume he would be playing at higherlevel  if league clubs could match what Dale Vince is paying him.

Heard today that Elliot Frear of Forest Green Rovers is the subject of two rejected bids from an unnamed SPFL side.

He's apparently kicking off about it "doing a Payet".

Who knows if it's us or not but there can't be many SPFL sides able to actually buy players. Plus he's a winger.

Difficult to judge but he's easily FGR's best player and assume he would be playing at higherlevel  if league clubs could match what Dale Vince is paying him.

Well he's definitely played his last game for FGR, confirmation from his manager, around 4-5 hours ago.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/15024137.Video__Forest_Green_boss_Mark_Cooper_reveals_Elliott_Frear_wants_to_move_on/

To be fair to him Cheltenham were in for him in the summer and Vince blocked the move. Yeovil have tried and been blocked by Vince and now an "unnamed" SPFL side has had two bids rejected. Doesn't look like FGR are going up this season either (automatically). If I had a bit of ambition I'd be getting pissed off that my chance of trying myself at a higher level were constantly being blocked. That club lose between £5-£10 million a season so it's not as if they need the money from the transfer.