Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks c'mon, would you want to be judged for the rest of your days on every decision you made when you were 16 years old?  The boy is a cracking player and will likely do very well for us, would have him over maddigol quite happily.

Fair point.Probably brainwashed by his Dad,a big Celtic fan

Folks c'mon, would you want to be judged for the rest of your days on every decision you made when you were 16 years old?  The boy is a cracking player and will likely do very well for us, would have him over maddigol quite happily.

Agree with this completely.... fingers crossed he's a replacement for Maddison and we're still getting the central midfielder we need in.

Although I am not bothered about us signing the loon CHristie, I do wonder what our own young players have to do to get a game under McInnes. I would say Ross and Wright who both got some gametime on Saturday deserve a little bit more.

I just find it a little strange we sign young players from other clubs but pretty much ignore our own.

Just throwing this out there, how about not trying to demoralise an Aberdeen player when he's playing ?  Novel idea I know but what can i say..... it just came to me.

I was joking, I didn't realise he'd actually signed. I'm much too chilled out to boo a dons player. It's nae his fault the dons are meekly going cap in hand to a bunch of weegie fucks.

It does a feel a bit weird like. But then it was absolutely fine for Pawlett to go to Saints and Machoir to Killie, so I suppose it's no different. Fuck it, if he gets us second place then he's got my backing.

Happy to have young Scottish talent join us, hopefully we can develop and improve a Scottish player. Loads of potential and if we can benefit, win more games, finish 2nd, and make more money, I'm good!

He's a young lad, we all do dumb shit as kids. I'm ignoring the tweet, don't care what he did in the past, care what he does for us. Hope he gets support from the fans!

It's not cap in hand though, I think this is a very astute piece of business. Christie is a really good player and having Shinnie, Hayes and Rooney at the club to help him settle I don't think it will take him long to get up to speed. Our chances of finishing the season strongly just increased significantly imo.

We could see more of shinnie at lb because of this.

Happy to have young Scottish talent join us, hopefully we can develop and improve a Scottish player. Loads of potential and if we can benefit, win more games, finish 2nd, and make more money, I'm good!

He's a young lad, we all do dumb shit as kids. I'm ignoring the tweet, don't care what he did in the past, care what he does for us. Hope he gets support from the fans!

I'm not sure how it helps us to develop and improve a Scottish player (nor am I sure why it matters that he's Scottish) only for him to return to a rival.

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck about the tweet.

I also don't think he's that good. He's not as good as Maddison, and he's definitely not better than McLean either. I dinna think he'll be in McInnes's thinking to replace Shinnie in midfield, more likely he may come on in games if we're struggling to break teams down, then move Shinnie to left back rather than him starting there. But he's certainly nae shite either, so he'll get a decent amount of game time. If we were struggling for other options in what is a difficult window, then it's nae a bad move. Pragmatic given Celtic's 20 point gap too, rather than inspired.

Tlg1903, you're more or less right. Everyone bar Celtic is pretty much broke and we rely on the cheap, free, and loan deals. We're all scraping the barrel. I'd rather be loaning a young Scottish talent with an upside than sign a lower English or foreign unknown.......although in years past signing an old firm player on loan would be unheard of and certainly unwanted. I get the negativity around signing a Celtic loanee but it's the current environment and the sad state of affairs in Scottish football.

I also don't like that Aberdeen has very few Scottish players now so signing Scot is a positive in my eyes and hopefully we have the potential of a permanent signing. Would love us to be a real Scottish team with the best Scottish talent.

Apart from a decent strike against us in a game I'd far sooner forget, I've always thought of Easton as a bit of a cart horse. However I trust the manager 100%, and if he sees something in the boy then I'd be happy to see him on board. Same with Ryan Christie - you never know, there's maybe potential for this loan deal to become more permanent, it's happened before.

Let the manager do his bit and let's get behind him and the players he signs.  :AFC2:

Where does he play? I seem to remember him playing behind the striker, the role McLean is best in. I'd hate to see McLean pushed further back where he often struggles just to accommodate Christie.

I wonder if we'll see Pawlett leaving before the end of the month.

Where does he play? I seem to remember him playing behind the striker, the role McLean is best in. I'd hate to see McLean pushed further back where he often struggles just to accommodate Christie.

I wonder if we'll see Pawlett leaving before the end of the month.

This sums up pretty much where I'm at. I'd hate to see McLean being sacrificed to accommodate Christie. He's being playing very well since hes been allowed to play in position. Uninspired signing but if it's because we needed someone to replace Maddison, good on him for not waiting before the end of the window and hoping we got him back. I'm intrigued to see what DM does next.

I personally think Christie is a good signing, very good player and I am sure he will do a job for us. In terms of tweets from 2012, I couldnt care less what he tweeted, I am more concerned about what he will do for us on the pitch between now and the summer.

As others have said, this will to replace Maddison and good on McInnes for not waiting until the last minute to be told yes or no by Norwich.