Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

Would be delighted if they fucked off with their so called "interest". £600k doesn't strike me as genuine interest. Pricks. Even £1m is less than what he's worth to us.

Less concerned about Jack leaving tbh be honest. Who'd take him?

Jack would get a game for every SPL team bar Celtic, I'd imagine he'll end up in the championship.  Does a lot of the dirty work for us and will be hard to replace.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in Scotland can afford him but aye possibly championship at a push.

He's too susceptible to not bothering his arse for my liking. But when he's up for it he's an asset right enough.

I think he'll be missed more than folk realise, but he is replaceable. It's the potential 4 first teamers leaving which is a big issue. We haven't got a great track record of dealing with problems quickly.

If we sold Hayes for £600K or even in that region, I would bin my ST. It also depends if Hayes wants to leave or if he see's his future with us. There are a lot of different factors, but if the club happily sold him for shitty money then whats the point. We have to been seen to be wanting to hold onto our best players and im sure DM is doing his best to keep him, but its Milne im worried about. He has sold good players for pittance before.

Would be delighted if they fucked off with their so called "interest". £600k doesn't strike me as genuine interest. Pricks. Even £1m is less than what he's worth to us.

Less concerned about Jack leaving tbh be honest. Who'd take him?

If Cardiff do go to 750k I'm certain itll be accepted. I hope to hell Deek has been on the blower all day tentatively sounding out availability of replacements should the inevitable happen. Ive suggested GMS as being a possible replacement but with Nicholson in his last 6 months at Fartz 300k might just tempt them.

As for who would take Jack.....well I'm amazed Sevco havent offered him a pre-contract as he is exactly what they require. Beyond that he would fit right in at a Leeds or a Sheffield Wednesday. If he leaves in summer I won't be too disappointed though if he signed on another 2 years id be happy enough too

If Cardiff do up the ante to a level that the board accept I would really like to see at least some of the money re-invested.  I would take Mallan from Helen (150k would do it) and Crawford from Hamiltion (450k would probably get him).  Both very good players and both in the final 6 months of contract.  Whilst neither is a direct replacement for hayes mallan can defo play wide. 

If Cardiff do go to 750k I'm certain itll be accepted.

Based on what? The board are tight, but there nae stupid. They'll know Hayes is likely the difference between finishing second and third, and they'll know the value in finishing second over third, versus the drop in price if Hayes leaves in the summer. It's not like we're cashing in on a guy with six months left. Hayes is very consistent and he won't lose significant value between now and summer, especially if the player suggests he might look for a move. We're debt free, and the call to sell is no longer there in the way it was previously. Duncan Fraser managed to get £600K for Lee Miller (or was it Strachan doing his mate a favour?), so he kens how to drive a deal.

Well, window closing soon and we're 1 in and 4 out with Christie in and Maddison, Burns, Morris, and Storie gone. Think we're super thin (thinner) in center mid, still hoping we can add one there. Still also hopeful of May in too but concerned we'll not add anyone else. Don't see McGinn or Hayes leaving any time soon.

Anyone else think we'll add a mystery guy that nobody saw coming? Nice solid world class midfielder perhaps!

I heard that Hayes has agreed terms with Cardiff on a £20k a week deal but the clubs have still to agree a fee and apparently Cardiff have offered £800k. Not sure about the structure of that offer. Hayes apparently didn't think he'd still be here for the Dundee game.

McGinn supposedly emptied his flat before he went on holiday so he apparently doesn't plan on staying.

Stevie May was at Pittodrie for the Stranraer game so looks like he's our remaining target.

It will be an interesting day for sure.

I think Hayes will stay now, really cant see Cardiff offering what we want.

In terms of any arrivals, I think Stevie May was the last one in the fire but it looks like Preston are going to hang to him now. I would imagine that will be it for us in January.

Would have been good to get a CM in, we are very light in that area with Storie going out this month.

So Cardiff value him at £3 million (that's what they will pay him over 3 years) but only want to pay a quarter of that to sign him...

Hayes has a year and a half left here so he is, based on Cardiffs own valuation, worth £1.5 million.

Whole lot up front by midday or fuck off. And unless we were interested in any of their players prior to their interest in Hayes they can keep their rejects. Why we would want a too shite for Cardiff reject on loan is beyond me and just further stinks of their arrogance throughout this carry on.

Absolutely. They are as shite a club as their manager. Why wed want anyone from that rotten club is beyond me. The club should have told all suitors to fuck off before the Dundee game. We don't have time to get anyone in. Any movement now is going to be a massive hit to us.

Would have been good to get a CM in, we are very light in that area with Storie going out this month.

The boy never got a game anyway this season so I don't actually see what difference it makes.

If we let Hayes go today and don't get anyone in that will be two January windows in a row we've weakened.  We should have told Cardiff to have this done by the weekend if at all to allow us time to strengthen.

The boy never got a game anyway this season so I don't actually see what difference it makes.

If we let Hayes go today and don't get anyone in that will be two January windows in a row we've weakened.  We should have told Cardiff to have this done by the weekend if at all to allow us time to strengthen.

In terms of cover. At the moment we are operating a mix of Shinnie, Jack and McLean in central midfield, two of which arent even CM's.

If one of them gets crocked then that leaves us with the bare bones in that area.

In terms of cover. At the moment we are operating a mix of Shinnie, Jack and McLean in central midfield, two of which arent even CM's.

If one of them gets crocked then that leaves us with the bare bones in that area.

I understand your point, but it doesn't detract from the fact that Storie just wasn't used this season and by all accounts wouldn't have been used even if that scenario came about. I would imagine O'Connor and even Hayes would find themselves in that central midfield position, as has been done before.  Storie's attitude has driven him to St Mirren, and is supposedly on his last chance with McInnes. He had no intention of using him this season, even though he was on the bench numerous times.

I understand your point, but it doesn't detract from the fact that Storie just wasn't used this season and by all accounts wouldn't have been used even if that scenario came about. I would imagine O'Connor and even Hayes would find themselves in that central midfield position, as has been done before.  Storie's attitude has driven him to St Mirren, and is supposedly on his last chance with McInnes. He had no intention of using him this season, even though he was on the bench numerous times.

Interesting. Storie was a wee bit short in my opinion last season in certain areas and nae quite ready for the first team, however with some hard work on his part I think he could have made it. I automatically assume that the manager's caution is what holds these youngsters back, but we don't see what goes on behind the scenes I suppose. Whilst I still think there is too much caution shown by McInnes in blooding youngsters, perhaps I'm doing him a disservice if the youngsters are letting him down. However, that has to be two way, and Storie not putting in the work is an indictment of McInnes as much as the guy himself.

Anyway, in centre midfield, I think we now have to put the whole Shinnie in left back thing to bed and accept that he sees himself as a central midfielder. He's played very well there on numerous occasions and him and Jack are definitely our best pairing. I think we should set him the challenge by getting another strong midfielder in there to compete for position, but I'm not convinced that this is the window to do that in, unless on a 6 month loan or something (I don't believe we'll have the available options in Jan). Our cover against injury is Hayes, Pawlett and if desperate O'Connor. We have limited time to do business, the midfield will just have to be a risk we take (I think a Shinnie suspension will be more likely than injury, so perhaps he can engineer a suspension against a pish team at home).

I'd like to see a striker in with Storey (and perhaps Stockley) getting shipped. A full back to compete with Considine and perhaps another wide player on loan too to replace Burns.

Would be a strange move unless whoever he signed a pre-contract with paid to get him early, which would be a bit out of the blue.

Agreed. I prefer to think that he's moving into a bigger hoose becauuse he's settled and about to sign a new contract.  :thumbsup:

This is all pillow talk, but....

When McGinn went to San Francisco a few weeks ago, he and the people around him expected a move to Hearts to become reality. I don't know why it didn't happen, maybe he had second thoughts about moving to another SPL club, or maybe he was tipped off about interest from England?

But I think we probably have to accept this is his final season here. Best outcome would be we keep him until May, and that ultimately he doesn't move to one of our rivals.