Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

He's piss. Nobody will pay a few grand for him. If there was intent to get Tansey however, a swap deal could probably be agreed. Although that'd be like swapping Jeffrey Monakana for Donervan Daniels.

Don't disagree with what you say min.

It is the prospect of doing that cunt at ICT a favour that sticks in my throat.

Did hear a whisper that The Arabs and Hibs might be interested in him

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the first official confirmation that Cardiff have asked about Hayes. No bid tabled but they are interested.

I was quite happy to ignore it all as I hadn't seen any official quotes from either club. Be interesting to see if they do test our resolve with a decent offer.

So, the first official confirmation that Cardiff have asked about Hayes. No bid tabled but they are interested.

I was quite happy to ignore it all as I hadn't seen any official quotes from either club. Be interesting to see if they do test our resolve with a decent offer.

I thought Cardiff were skint, which would explain that derisory offer.  They are a club on the down, fuck them.

I reckon we will terminate Storey's contract thereby allowing the chairman who hates us to get him back at no cost to them. Of course what we should be doing if we don't want him is advise club's of his availability and at least try and get a few grand for him

I empathise but If Storey leaving increases the possibility of signing a defensive midfielder then I won't care about the above.  I would have liked to see him get more game time as i thought he looked pretty handy at ICT but he's really not had a sniff.

Ok, being an arsehole and looking at the top 4, Celtic have signed a player, so have Rangers and Hearts and we have.........I'm not overly optimistic. Also interesting to note, Jackson Irvine and Will Vaulks are playing for the bottom feeders of the Championship, why not a cheeky loan bid there? Still think either/both would do a job for us.

I empathise but If Storey leaving increases the possibility of signing a defensive midfielder then I won't care about the above.  I would have liked to see him get more game time as i thought he looked pretty handy at ICT but he's really not had a sniff.

Alternatively we could just send Wes Burns back to Bristol. I assume we were not planning to loan a player in that position when we signed Storey.

Or we could get rid of both and place some faith in Scott Wright.

Alternatively we could just send Wes Burns back to Bristol. I assume we were not planning to loan a player in that position when we signed Storey.

Or we could get rid of both and place some faith in Scott Wright.

I read somewhere yesterday that we were looking to extend burns' loan, but he has offers from England so up to the player.

According to this guy, Cardiff are coming back with another bid - no idea about the validity of the source:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/11/gb-cardiff-to-make-new-jonny-hayes-offer/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2017/01/11/gb-cardiff-to-make-new-jonny-hayes-offer/

Personally, o'halloran is a cunt and not worthy of lacing Hayes' boots.

Don't see why Burns would hang about if it's up to him to be honest.

Sure I read before(maybe even in this thread) that Hayes is happy to stay as long as McInnes does so hopefully nothing has changed there.

The issue with the squad at the moment is maybe that most of our key players are getting to an age where it's probably now or never to try their luck in England or get a big pay day.

Officially starting to get concerned about this window now. McInnes quoted as saying "we do not need to sell but...."

If Cardiff come up with anything comprising of 7 figures before the decimal point then we'll sell Hayes, I have no doubt about that. McGinn also looks as though he could be off, although there's been nothing since the Hearts rumor.

Start shifting boys on then it's going to impact the balance of the squad and selling those 2 is going to see us struggle to get second and potentially a Euro spot.

I would imagine that if Cardiff come in with a offer that is 7 figures then that would be accepted and the move itself would then be down to Jonny.

That said this could all just be internet nonsense and Cardiff will look elsewhere.

In terms of incomings it is very quiet, I would have at least hoped we would look to add a CM in this window.

I would imagine that if Cardiff come in with a offer that is 7 figures then that would be accepted and the move itself would then be down to Jonny.

That said this could all just be internet nonsense and Cardiff will look elsewhere.

In terms of incomings it is very quiet, I would have at least hoped we would look to add a CM in this window.

If that's all that came in, I would be very pleased.  We have the creativity in the team, it just doesn't need to be shunted about left, right and center.  A CM will allow players to play in their position, it is a good squad.

Sadly, I think you're all right about the 7 figure, but that said, it depends on what kind of 7 figure. £2m and I'd say over to you Jonny, anything less, go fish.  Regardless, I don't want Jonny going.

Sadly, I think you're all right about the 7 figure, but that said, it depends on what kind of 7 figure. £2m and I'd say over to you Jonny, anything less, go fish.  Regardless, I don't want Jonny going.

This. It just isn't worth the money to accept anything less. He'll still have a year left in the summer and given his consistency, that sort of offer - or not far off - will definitely come back in if a team is serious about signing him. The board have to understand the importance of second place to the dons this season. It is absolutely vital. Our season ticket sales will tank if the scum 1,2 is resolved. People will lose interest so quickly as we're shunted out of the picture (like we almost are currently). Coupled with the huge negative effect it will have on der hun, £500K or so (the difference between selling Johnny now and in the summer) just won't cover it. The long term effects of the hun becoming the second best team in the country every year again could be devastating for a team like the dons, and I don't believe we can finish second without Hayes - he's that important. It's worrying that McInnes is even acknowledging the bid, it's almost a "we're open for business" type moment.

If that's all that came in, I would be very pleased.  We have the creativity in the team, it just doesn't need to be shunted about left, right and center.  A CM will allow players to play in their position, it is a good squad.

The squad is in desperate need of a new centre back if DM continues playing Shinnie in midfield and therefore Consi at left back. Even if we let Taylor or Reynolds go and took back McKenna (think his loan is up next week) and actually used the boy that would be a step in the right direction.

The squad is in desperate need of a new centre back if DM continues playing Shinnie in midfield and therefore Consi at left back. Even if we let Taylor or Reynolds go and took back McKenna (think his loan is up next week) and actually used the boy that would be a step in the right direction.

Fair enough, I more meant that a new CM is the bare minimum.  If we got another CB or start to blood McKenna, great, but i'd be happy with a CM.  As I said, the squad in the main is good, but the center of the park is where we are being bossed.

I see Storey is being linked with a loan to Killie - apologies for the source:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/422089/kilmarnock-boss-lee-clark-wants-to-land-aberdeen-striker-miles-storey-on-loan/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20170112-_-775300578

McInnes on Hayes:

“For three-and-a-half years Jonny has been a brilliant performer for me. You guys regularly vote him in the team of the year and you write about him and Jonny is integral for us,” said McInnes. “You never want to deny your players opportunities to move on and better themselves on the financial side of it and I think there will be a time for Jonny and others potentially but the January window isn’t the window where you want to be doing business and losing players.

“We don’t need to lose players, we don’t need to sell our players, but like everything else if an offer comes in that really blows you away then we would look at it like any club would.

“Regardless of if he’s under contract for 18 months or 4 years we would still want to give our players the best opportunities for themselves and their families but certainly during the season we’ve got to really concentrate on what’s right for Aberdeen. I would be more open to players moving in the summer when we have more time to deal with it and not harm our chances of achieving our objectives so in January it’s not welcome at all but I understand that it happens.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15017138.Shots_fired_in_Dubai_sunshine_as_Derek_McInnes_targets_keeping_Aberdeen_stars/?ref=twtrec

Good interview. On-the-pitch decisions aside, he's a pretty shrewd operator. Really interested by his comments about Jack. Setting the bar high for him, and making him understand that he's no longer the young player with superstar potential. Making him work on the dons' terms. Good stuff. Putting pressure, and a bit of psychological influence, onto the guys looking for a move as if to say: don't sell yourselves short for any old move, get the right one - by implication, Cardiff and Hearts are not those moves.

"I hope it's with us for the next 18 months. We're not looking at having him here for three or four years, but over the next 18 months I'd like him to be an integral part of what we're doing and then get the move he's capable of getting.”

Quite an honest, and strange, way for a manager to be talking about a player soon to be out of contract. (DM on Jack's situation)