Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Fuck me what a depressing night in that sounds.

Oh the comedy is usually worth the effort. Listening to barely literate troglodytes from both the cheeks attempting to sound educated but failing miserably and resorting to cheap sectarian barbs when their true nature eventually reveals itself is a far better hour spent than watching Emmerdale/Corrie/EastEnders.

• 1 month later...

The hunboards are already showing disaffectation with old Slippy and his band of merrie acolytes. Few shouts for him to get bulleted already which will surely increase if they do indeed get pamped out of Europe tonight, followed by a swift exit out the Cup at the weekend. But he's just got his shiny new 4 year contract with ink not even dry on it so he's safe enough for now despite whatever happens till the end of the season (I actually can't see Hearts putting them out the cup tbh although it would be hilarious if they did).

Next season will be Slippy's season of reckoning. 10IAR absolutely will not be tolerated and the sevconians would have to bullet him once that happens but he'd still have 3 years left on his contract, along with all his backroom staff. It would cost us around £2.5million or so to bullet McInnes/Doc right now with just under 2.5 years left on their contracts. I think its fair to say Slippy will be out-earning DM  by quite a margin and with a bigger backroom staff (and McAllister will be seriously outearning Doc too) the total cost to sevco I'd imagine would be north of £7million. Not to mention then bringing in a new management team. Maybe there will be a bearded gentleman with a well noted affection for their club available for work by that time.....

From the Glasgow Herald:

Now Gerrard – who spoke to his staff and hadn’t addressed his players before conducting his post-match media duties last night - will look for the answers himself following a damaging cup defeat.

Gerrard said: “I need to think. The plan was to have a day off [on Sunday]. I need to think hard about where we are at as a group. I need to do some real, serious thinking in the next 24, 48 hours.

“I just need to think. I need to think. I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here, I am desperate to win here. Looking from the side today, I didn’t get the impression that the feeling amongst my players was the same.

“I am not doubting myself. We have given these players everything, me and my staff have given these players absolutely everything for 20 months, held their hand on and off the pitch and improved everything for them.

“But it is tough when every other performance you feel the way you feel. It is tough. I need to analyse myself, for sure. This is the toughest moment I have had since I have come here.

“I think it will be extremely difficult in the short-term because of where we lie from a league point of view. We all know that we have punched above our weight in Europe so far. This is what I need to analyse in the coming days.

“It [two seasons without silverware] is not good enough. That is not what I am about. That will come on my shoulders.”

Hey "Stevie G". We don't know if you're a paedophile. That's never been proved. We were only privy to the rumours. And even if she was 16 and you were 31 at the time, doesn't make you a bad person.

But you ARE a bad person. You're a piece of scum, an excellent example of white trash.

Fuck you and your sorry-ass ship that's won fuck all in it's short-assed history. You're a cunt and "no one likes us and you don't care". Maybe you should explore why every reasonable human hates you. Your club is a stain on humanity, and you fit perfectly you scouse tink fuck.

He's in a tricky spot now Al, no question of it and I thought he looked a bit broken by it all yesterday both on the touchline and the post match presser.  If they get papped out by Leverkusen their season is over and he will have a very hard task in trying to get performances out of players who are going to be thinking about the beach.  Add to that a very unforgiving home crowd that have a right to be pissed off given the investment made by the club  and the next few months could be very tough for slippy. It must have at least crossed his mind by this point that the enormity of the task ahead of him might not be worth the effort in terms to the risk to his reputation and what his best possible exit strategy might be if so. On that score he's fucked though as there's only two ways out.  If he quits he looks like he's bottled it, end of.  The only way the board would be moved to fire him (new 4 year deal an all) would be because the team has completely collapsed in the final few months of the season.  I honestly don't have a clue if he will be in charge for the start of next season but  I reckon there's plenty popcorn moments to come from the tribute act yet. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Europe's top clubs? Brentford? It's basically England, and two teams from a few other leagues. Because they haven't bothered to go beyond the Hun and Tims, they haven't concluded that the rest of the teams in Scottish fitba's income also comes from ticket revenue. It's a fucking awful story for a Scottish newspaper to be writing.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...