Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3357772/kyle-lafferty-rangers-blocked-hamilton-northern-ireland/

I never knew there was a FIFA five-day rule. Why has it never been used before.

Good on N.I  :thumbsup:

Was introduced years ago but no one ever seems to enforce it. Good on the Irish FA for having the balls to stand up to sevco. Players cannot be allowed to pick and choose when they play. If Lafferty doesn't want to play he should retire from international duty.

BBC apologise to Rangers and Ryan Jack over ‘severed head’ picture used alongside Aberdeen ticket story;

“When this mistake was spotted, the picture used to illustrate the story was changed on both accounts.

“We regret the error and apologise to the player and to Rangers FC for this mistake.”

For folk who have not seen "The Picture"...... https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3371582/ryan-jack-bbc-rangers-picture-aberdeen-image-tickets/

:laughing: :laughing:

Just seen this on Twitter:

Ashley seeking £5M damages & 3 year contract to sell strips as well as legal costs.Elite will sue for breach of contract for £?M damages and repayment of advance of £3M + costs.Hummel want to know what's happened to the 100k shirts produced at value £4.9M

Not a word in the press

Nice  :wave:

£14.3M loss to June 2018 in latest accounts. Wow.

That’s untenable. I’ve no doubt their European campaign will help with their revenue this year but still, these are alarming figures. Fucking hilarious though.

Not an expert but their accounts seem to suggest they are spending £15 for every £10 and they are insolvent. Surely SFA or SPFL should be stepping in.

King, said: “On balance, the year was a positive one despite the need for further change to ensure the progression that this club requires both on and off the pitch.

King and the huns are totally deluded if they believe this shambles of a club can keep on operating losing that amount of cash.

Just a matter of time before the shit hits the fan. :thumbsup:

batshit crazy stuff from king, these losses dont include stevie g expenditure , 20m in debt since 2012 accumulated losses of 50m... they increased wages by 6m but revenue by only 2m, yet stll their fans believe next year will be better because of a mythical retail deal and europe... they do realise the cost base will go up significantly....

Might be wrong but think they're claiming they have spent £6million on ground improvements in the last year.

Whilst they have undoubtedly earned a few quid as a result of their progress in Europe, I'd be amzazed if it amounted to sufficent to plug the huge hole in the bucket down Ibrox way.

As someone once famously said "Fuck The Rangers"

Yet they have had fans encouraging other fans who have trades.....sparkies, painters and decorators, plumbers etc....to come in and do work on the old shithole free gratis. Perhaps, seeing as they are adamant they are "the same club" they wouldn't mind settling up on all the tradesmen that oldco stiffed prior to it's liquidation.

Sadly their European run will see them safe for another season but the debts continue to spiral with Slippy G and his band of recruits for sure going to cost a helluva lot more than Pedro's pricks or Warburton's wallies.

Fuck the Sevco

The Rangers have failed to make a profit since they imploded six years ago.

By my reading, their losses since then have totalled £38.6m and that’s just madness.

Never mind the football side of this, as a financial guy looking at their accounts, their business model makes no sense.Spending more than you earn year after year…how do they get their money back?

Their cash is due to run out again early in the New Year and they’ve admitted another £4.6m in loans will be needed, with another £3m required next season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3437729/rangers-david-low-finances-dave-king-celtic-10-in-a-row-warning/

PS...No debt in UK football till the mid 1980s. Everyone lived with their own means & Rangers were 4th force behind Celtic & New Firm. All changed when RFC was taken over in 1986 & been gorging on money till liquidation 2012. New club follow following same path with same directors.

And judging by reports the big clubs in Europe are leaving UEFA and Plans for a breakaway 16-team European Super League, to include Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and five from England but none from Scotland

So that cuts off cash for Sevco in the future. Tick Tock

Lencarl,

this break away league they are talking about, have you read some of the "rules" for the clubs invited.

NO relegation, NO promotion to that league. That will be the start of a slippery road for home nations and even countries these teams are being picked from. Whos going to fund this league? It would not suprise me to see these teams trying to even Keep their Champions league places.

Perhaps I'm weird but everytime these stories about breakaway leagues emerge I wonder what is going through the minds of the creators.

It can be tedious going to Kilmarnock, Dundee etc 2-3 times every season but at least there is a decent chance of me going and every so often a 'new' team appears in the league plus the chance each season of a cup trip to a lower league stadium.

Should it ever come to pass that the Dons were to only play teams from mainland Europe (no promotion etc) the novelty would wear off very quick for me as essentially away fans would be removed and any sense of 'rivalry' would be fleeting IMO. My delight at seeing the failure of certain scottish teams would never be replicated with scandinavians/ Dutchies etc.

I'm pissed off with the current stand off between La Liga and the spanish FA over the prospect of playing actual league games in the USA akin to the showpiece NFL games at Wembley and currenly the NHL games in Finland. Watched the NHL match last night (Florida vs Winnipeg in Helsiniki) and the asmosphere was flat, essentially a preseason friendly crowd compared to the more 'tense' feeling you get when the matches are played in north america.

For me, without a decent atmosphere ALL professional sports events may as well be a kids 5 a side football birthday party.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

The Rangers have failed to make a profit since they imploded six years ago.

By my reading, their losses since then have totalled £38.6m and that’s just madness.

Never mind the football side of this, as a financial guy looking at their accounts, their business model makes no sense.Spending more than you earn year after year…how do they get their money back?

Their cash is due to run out again early in the New Year and they’ve admitted another £4.6m in loans will be needed, with another £3m required next season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3437729/rangers-david-low-finances-dave-king-celtic-10-in-a-row-warning/

PS...No debt in UK football till the mid 1980s. Everyone lived with their own means & Rangers were 4th force behind Celtic & New Firm. All changed when RFC was taken over in 1986 & been gorging on money till liquidation 2012. New club follow following same path with same directors.

And judging by reports the big clubs in Europe are leaving UEFA and Plans for a breakaway 16-team European Super League, to include Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and five from England but none from Scotland

So that cuts off cash for Sevco in the future. Tick Tock

Had a read of those latest accounts, the full version.  As the guy in The Sun eludes to, the business model makes no sense.  That's two full years that they have been in the top league, so europe aside, it looks like there is no obvious way that their turnover will increase massively going forward yet the wage bill continues to rise it would seem.  This season with their relative success in europe you would suspect they may break even but its almost like they will need to have a decent european run every single season to avoid posting a significant loss.  Crazy.

Yet amusing.

The Rangers have appealed against the controversial second yellow card dished out to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren. The Ibrox club have asked the SFA for a hearing and their request has been granted. Even though there is no mechanism to overturn a second yellow, Gers will get the chance to outline their case.

This is beyond belief. You can not appeal a second yellow card. Under any circumstances.

The Rangers have appealed against the controversial second yellow card dished out to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren. The Ibrox club have asked the SFA for a hearing and their request has been granted. Even though there is no mechanism to overturn a second yellow, Gers will get the chance to outline their case.

This is beyond belief. You can not appeal a second yellow card. Under any circumstances.

I saw that and initially thought the same, but I think a yellow can be appealed if it was the wrong man or something.

Did we not appeal a yellow given to Maddison?

I saw that and initially thought the same, but I think a yellow can be appealed if it was the wrong man or something.

Did we not appeal a yellow given to Maddison?

You are correct.

Aberdeen successfully appealed a yellow card shown to midfielder James Maddison in 2016 but I think it is the second yellow card rule that is the problem here.

You are correct.

Aberdeen successfully appealed a yellow card shown to midfielder James Maddison in 2016 but I think it is the second yellow card rule that is the problem here.

Mistaken identity or simulation are the only two instances where it can be challenged I think. There's always room to set new precedents of course, regardless of the team involved. I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily. There would be cause for Hamilton to complain about Imrie's second yellow against us of course and so it could lead to a lot of unnecessary panel reviews. Candeis' second yellow didn't seem to be correct, but unless you can create a whole new category that can be subject to review (like mistaken identity etc) then I don't really see how you can overturn it.