Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

I hear ya chris but with a little more investment im convinced we couldve done so much better.

We shouldve beaten apollon and we havnt even got a great team.

With 3 or 4 decent signings we couldve gone way further i believe.

Guess we will never know

You are right we will never know what might have happened but I believe that Milne will be keen to try and restore the good will of the supporters and will invest in a decent manager and give him backing in January/summer. Afterall it is clear to see that Nicky Maynard needs replacing as will Gregg Stewart. Christie and Ball will return to their clubs and then MacLean is also confirmed to be leaving so that is 5 replacements required MINIMUM! We HAVE to invest in a left back with some attacking pace as we are struggling big time there.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. I can't say I pay any attention to their finances, only what I pick up here and there. Which is, they are consistently running at a loss and are being funded through director loans. But maybe that's wrong?

I get that the brand is a money making machine but since the demise of the original outfit there seems to be a dearth of non shady businessmen willing to associate themselves and part with their cash. And those currently doing so can't do so forever, surely?

Regardless that wasn't really my point, that being that short of £20 - 50 million (on top of what they are generating now) being found McInnes won't challenge the tims, which is what the sevco-ites expect as a minimum.

Their losses are generally - now - due to player and manager purchases though, which is where the soft loans come in. If they stopped, then they just wouldn't be able to fund signings rather than go bust (at present). Their wages to turnover ratio is still pretty decent I believe (maybe even better than ours?). Given they have no hostile investors, and their existing loans have been converted to equity, there isn't the facility for them to go bust unless they miss the top 6 or something of that ilk.

The huns don't need £20M to challenge the tims, they just need more points. If they picked up one win against the tims in a season, they could still easily mount a challenge by winning a massive majority of the other games. Something McInnes is pretty decent at.

Hopefully double agent McInnes will put in big 6 figure offers for Tansey and Maynard in January.

Rico, I don't and he isn't

Everything he spouts in these articles (hic) gets regurgitated elsewhere and he seems to permanently on Sportsound, Sky Sports panels

Absolute ringpiece.

New poster here

Time AFC banned certain press and media types who have been complicit in unsettling the club in the last month or two. Enoughs enough.......

New poster here

Time AFC banned certain press and media types who have been complicit in unsettling the club in the last month or two. Enoughs enough.......

Welcome Orion.

You'll do well round these parts.

Time for the siege mentality

Get yourself onto the introductions thread and tell us about yourself

New poster here

I wouldn't ban the beeb even though theyve been complicit, we have Richard Gordon, Liam McLeod & Willie Miller flying the flag.

However the Record, Sun & Mail can all be shown the door.

New poster here

Welcome aboard.

Disagree. We're nae huns. Having them here shouldn't stop us calling them out and completely going full pelt at  them for their despicable reporting; especially the BBC in this case. Name individual journalists and really attack them where it's due. The shite-rags can print what they like, they're barely literate anyway. We don't stand up for ourselves, which in this instance has been the biggest problem. We should have slaughtered McLaughlan for his shite stirring hun-bidding in recent weeks, and that needed to happen at a level above McInnes. Banning is for people who are stupid to put their case across forcefully enough, or have got some sort of insecurity due to past guilt (see: the huns). We're better than that.

Welcome aboard.

Disagree. We're nae huns. Having them here shouldn't stop us calling them out and completely going full pelt at  them for their despicable reporting; especially the BBC in this case. Name individual journalists and really attack them where it's due. The shite-rags can print what they like, they're barely literate anyway. We don't stand up for ourselves, which in this instance has been the biggest problem. We should have slaughtered McLaughlan for his shite stirring hun-bidding in recent weeks, and that needed to happen at a level above McInnes. Banning is for people who are stupid to put their case across forcefully enough, or have got some sort of insecurity due to past guilt (see: the huns). We're better than that.

Tom English getting it on twitter

Welcome aboard.

:thumbsup: This.

It doesn't seem to matter which spiv they have in control the huns still sell 40k season tickets which is more than enough to be second in Scotland.  The saving grace for us (on top of the risk of being controlled by spivs) is that they have reinforced their sense of entitlement by pishing money away all over the place.  Can DM reverse this and match their league position to to their income?  I'm not convinced because of the sense of entitlement the hordes display.

What ifs are interesting, and we can query Milne and the board's competence all we want, but if we had been selling 40k season tickets for the last 5 years I'm pretty sure we'd have seen a better Aberdeen team on the pitch on Sunday than the two ordinary low achievers evident. They have a self destruct modus operandi, the gift that keeps on giving, do we really think that King, Murray, C1872, the hordes, the weegia etc are going to sort it out because DM is there?  Presumably DM does.

I am very impressed with the way in which Paul Sheerin conducted that press conference. He was thrown to the lions and held his nerve. Well done Paul, take a bow and do us all proud tomorrow night!  :ultras:

I thought this too, handled it very well and seemed calm and composed.