Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense. If he's interested he's in no position to put our minds at ease. If you don't grudge him his interest, then you can't expect him to put your mind at ease. Your two statements completely conflict, you must have noticed that when you typed them?

I’m not asking for me personally, so I’m not contradicting myself. I’m reflecting on the situation. I’m saying that this is dragging out badly and he’s refused to put the fans minds at ease so as a result his situation gets worse by the day. This site and facebook for example, it’s a shit show for Aberdeen. More importantly the teams’ situation gets worse by the day and performances and results show that.

Now that he's deliberately cost us 6 points you don't have to look too hard to see other Ibrox plots.

"Let's make the bastards build a stupid new stadium in the middle of nowhere and watch them end up playing to crowds of 2500."

No to Huns at Pittodrie

No to ridiculous moves to Westhill

https://twitter.com/GFLoyal1872

Notoriety DD

P.S Fuck off Huns peeking in

The hun played the media and the media are playing us.  If Aberdeen (or any else outside the cheeks) fancy another team's manager do you think the media would engage in a concerted campaign to get him to make the move?  Of course they wouldn't, in fact they would probably call us out for the underhand tactics and quite rightly so.  This is happening because it's the huns, McInnes is as much a stooge here as we are.  There's probably worse to come, the ideal outcome for the huns is for McI to walk and then the SFA would be the first port of call for a tapping up claim.  How do you think that would pan out.

I'm not entirely bothered if we lose McInnes, especially if we get 800k, but we are being put in our place by the weegia and buying into the fallacy that all players/managers need to pledge their faith to one or other of the big teams cos, you know, they're big ken?

To me it doesn’t matter what the media say. Had DM came out and said he doesn’t want the job, he’s not interested etc it would put many minds at ease. And he can say that in a respectful way without actually having been offered the job. He could have cleared much of this up. The fact that he hasn’t done so tells us all he’s interested. He knows the club is a shit show, all the drama etc., but still doesn’t distance himself. That tells me he’s gone if offered. Horrible situation now because we have a manager whose eyes are elsewhere and the longer this goes only hurts us. Like many have said, don’t see how DM comes back from this. The Rangers performances were tactically poor but more significantly , for the most part, gutless. Lost the dressing room since the players see he wants to be elsewhere?

Don't think it's as black and white as that.

My best guess is that he may be open to hearing what the Huns have to say, just as would be the case with countless other clubs should they have had a vacancy available. I don't think his chat about "due diligence" or about having a good relationship with the chairman was a front, I think he'd need to be mad to go there but he may wish to hear them out. The thought isn't a pleasant one, but it's probably not a million miles off where we're at.

If he turns them down, then he'll come back. Milne won't sack him, given he stood back and watched Blunderwood try and whore his services down south and McGhee's chat about Celtic on his opening presser. He'll lose a lot of goodwill and leeway from the fans, but if he gets us firing again then people will need to get over themselves, quite frankly.

Only thing stopping it is that der hun have not/possibly can not met the terms of the release clause.

Interesting to see DM's reaction to this

Anyway King Kirk  :wanker: get it right up ye (for now)

Is correct on all points.

No one is going to come out of this with their reputation intact

Another possibility(read elsewhere),is that Derek doesnt want to rule out a return to Ibrox at this stage,but that this time is not the right time.Club refusing permission gives him something to hide behind,keeps his options open for the future without burning bridges?.....

.....either that or Sevco havnt come up with the readies 

Just had a wee peek at your reaction to the news King Kirk  :wanker:

And I quote "he will resign if he wants it imo".....so you actually think DM will make himself personally responsible for ponying up his release clause fee? Which i can assure you is considerably more than the £800k quoted on your rancid page.....Not only are you a  :wanker:, you are a  :dunno::wanker:

Enjoy nursery in the morning ya clown

Ach im not sure if i can show any malice towards DM at this point.

He's taken us to another level but I feel we need someone new now.

I still say our ambition should reach far beyond beating celtic and the huns and for me we must go foreign.

Thanks for what you did for us DM but hurry up and fuck off now and let's move on.

Assuming you mean McInnes, Milne and King at least, what about our other board members/investors like Yule and Cormack? Are they implicated too?

Specifically referring to Wiggy & McInnes. You could throw RFC 2012 and the South African tax avoider into the equation but then they dont actually possess a reputation to tarnish in the first place.

Specifically referring to Wiggy & McInnes. You could throw RFC 2012 and the South African tax avoider into the equation but then they dont actually possess a reputation to tarnish in the first place.

I'm going to speculate then that the rumours of this being previously discussed are true then and it's been in negotiations for weeks, even though we had two games to play against them. If so, I'd be waaaaay more pissed off at Milne than McInnes although obviously not happy with either of them.

Another possibility(read elsewhere),is that Derek doesnt want to rule out a return to Ibrox at this stage,but that this time is not the right time.Club refusing permission gives him something to hide behind,keeps his options open for the future without burning bridges?.....

I fear the bridges are already on fire nearing collapse at this stage.

I'm fairly apathetic towards the dons now but I was concerned back in the summer when Sunderland were sniffing about. However this charade has now reached my Giveafuckometer.

Listening to the commentary last wednesday night I found myself REALLY thinking for the first time 'what the fuck is McInnes doing?' and  'Would it actually be so terrible if he left, after all this is the Scottish premiership where for 83% of the teams, second place is the ultimate prize?'

I don't recall Skovdahl or Calderwood randomly deciding to experiment at Ibrox, it was just expected we would probably lose, the key was by how many and I felt a large part of that was the player mentality. There was some aura around Ibrox & Parkhead that made those in red shirts assume they were beaten from the beginning.

Then last season Shinnie & Christie popped up and I finally saw a dons team win at ibrox. In my head the Ibrox spell was broken and given I have seen two fairly recent victories at parkhead and the team actually putting up a fight on occasion I thought a corner had been turned.

On Wednesday I found the conspiracy demons entering the fray when I clocked that 2 sevco wins would mean they moved into 2nd place. We have players who can beat this lot but the manager has set them up to fail.

If McInnes genuinely wants nothing to do with SEVCO at this exact time but wouldnt mind heading there later, it no longer matters as for me anyway the loathing towards that team in blue and all they stand for is poison and anyone showing even the hint of sympathy towards them loses a bit (sometimes all) of my respect (not that most (if any) would give a fuck about that). I don't think I am alone in think that amongst the Aberdeen support.

Someone posted the other day that they would take 8th place if it meant youth players were pushed into the team and given a chance.

Right now I agree with that person.

Signing players like Zola, Maynard, Stockley, Ball etc instead of looking to the youth is a real bug bear for me. I feel any 'mercenary' from the english lower leagues will never have the same hunger or desire as the 16 year old who has been working their nuts off since they were 12 just for the chance to play the last 2mins of an SPFL match. The hope that in those 2 mins you will 1) touch the ball and 2) somehow score a goal, or make a goal saving tackle, or give someone like Scott Brown something to really think about.

I just don't see McInnes ever being able to do that and for that reason I no longer think the club can move on to an even healthier stage with him in charge