Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

I've been keen on "The Fighter" even before it got nominated in every single Golden Globe category. Eric Bana and Christian Bale is an acting combination that excites me. I've heard many people saying "oh cool, it's starring Batman and The Hulk!"

To me, though, it's starring Patrick Bateman and Mark Chopper Reid. Friggin awesome!! Definitely one I'm gonna see ... and quite possibly one I may even pay to go and see

I've been keen on "The Fighter" even before it got nominated in every single Golden Globe category. Eric Bana and Christian Bale is an acting combination that excites me. I've heard many people saying "oh cool, it's starring Batman and The Hulk!"

To me, though, it's starring Patrick Bateman and Mark Chopper Reid. Friggin awesome!! Definitely one I'm gonna see ... and quite possibly one I may even pay to go and see

That sounds amazing, except Eric Bana isnt in the fighter...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

The Fight = meh. I really like my boxing but just wasn't taken by this film. Ward's family pissed me off, his girlfriend pissed me off, come to think of it most parts of this film pissed me off in some way. Saying all that I still think it's ok, IMO not worth all the hype. Bale does put in a good performance but Wahlberg's character is made out to be too squeaky clean, I didn't believe anything in the film.

The Fight = meh. I really like my boxing but just wasn't taken by this film. Ward's family pissed me off, his girlfriend pissed me off, come to think of it most parts of this film pissed me off in some way. Saying all that I still think it's ok, IMO not worth all the hype. Bale does put in a good performance but Wahlberg's character is made out to be too squeaky clean, I didn't believe anything in the film.

Was that not the point? Maybe Ward is like that in real life? When you see the real Wards at the end I think Wahlberg and Bale have the chemistry dead on.

Watched a film called 13 the other night, what an absolute pile of steaming shit! I can't believe Ray Winston, Jason Statham and Micky Rourke agreed to not only appear in this but play backing roles! The lead role was played by the guy who was Ian Curtis in Control, his performance was pish! Looking back there could have been some real potential, apparently it was a remake of a French film and I'm in no doubt the Froggies will have done a better job of it.

I saw it in the cinema, thought what a load of non-sensical rubbish.  Watched it again on a flight last year and I thought the same again.  Couple of funny bits but was lacking enough of anything to make it worthwhile watching it again but between that and some shite romcom, I watched it again...  :-\

• 2 weeks later...

There were some bits in Social Network that I quite enjoyed

Gretchen: 18,000 dollars?

Eduardo Saverin: Yes.

Gretchen: In addition to the $1,000 you'd already put up?

Gretchen: A total of $19,000 now?

Mark Zuckerberg: Hang on.

[Mark sarcastically adds up the 2 amounts on his notepad]

Mark Zuckerberg: I'm just checking your math on that. Yes, I got the same thing.

The only thing that genuinely annoyed me about the fighter was Bales hairpiece. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, it was unbelievably bad! Asides from that it was a fantastic film. I thought it was going to avoid the cliched training montage mind you, but hey-ho!

I thought they didn't make much of the "hand incident". Almost seemed to forget it happened.