Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Got round to watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World the other night.  Fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did start watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and I think I quite enjoyed it. I think it might've been the russian subtitles, or the fact all the seats in the lounge were taken and I had to sit/lie on the floor, but I fell asleep about half way through. I've never really grabbed the opportunity to watch it the rest of the way thru

Finally got round to watching Shutter Island last night anyone who's seen it got an opinion on the ending?

**Spoliers**

As far as I can see there are three possible sceanrios...

Scenario 1) Teddy/Laeddis does genuinely have a relapse

Scenario 2) He is Laeddis rather than Teddy and feels so much guilt he chooses to have himself lobotomised so fakes the relapse

Scenario 3 (the one I like)) He is Teddy, he was fed drugs on his arrival to the island as he was asking too many questions about Laeddis and what went on in the Island in the real world and he chooses to be lobotomised rather than live the torment of knowing he can never leave the Island. I think the last frame of the Lighthouse shows that they are conducting lobotomies and further experiments on patients brains there which was denied when explaining their "reality" to him.

Have to watch it again, in any case.

Watched the Kings Speach last week and have to say I really enjoyed it.

Watched Pulp Fiction start to finish for the first time in a couple of years, utterly utterly brilliant. I still find myself watching it hoping they change the scene when Bruce Willis kills John Travolta and that Samuel L. doesn't let Tim Roth and his bint get away.

As for Shutter Island I just didn't enjoy it, I got the film but found myself bored early on and didn't get into it after that.

Guest ally s

Went to see The Adjustment Bureau yesterday.  It was okay.

Disappointed at the ending, I was expecting something a bit grander.

All in all not too bad considering Matt Damon was the lead character.

Obviously depends what bits you saw but I found Scum a good film but quite harrowing.

Aye you're right there. There's a certain scene in a green house that woke my other half up and she found it quite disturbing! I thought the film had a poor ending though.

I saw True Grit the other day too. It's not the worst film I've seen but again the ending was bollocks.

Aye you're right there. There's a certain scene in a green house that woke my other half up and she found it quite disturbing! I thought the film had a poor ending though.

I saw True Grit the other day too. It's not the worst film I've seen but again the ending was bollocks.

I didn't mind the ending, it was the girl who pissed me off especially in the first half hour.

As for Scum, good film which puts it's message across well.

Finally got round to watching Shutter Island last night anyone who's seen it got an opinion on the ending?

**Spoliers**

Have to watch it again, in any case.

Just watched this film this afternoon. A good thriller I thought.

I'd tend to go with Scenario 2, just going by the choice of words as he left.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a day off today with the missus. We went to the cinema. I wanted to see Battle Los Angeles, but when I said the trailers look like Independence Day, she immediately decided not to see it.

So we went to see Rango instead. Quite enjoyed it, tbh. The quality of the animation is unbelievable!

Saw Black Swan the other day too. Considering it's a movie about duncin, it's nae bad. I found it a bit tricky to figure out when Portman was dreaming and when she wasn't. Suppose that's what made the movie all the more intriguing.

• 2 weeks later...