Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

I just don't like a blind hatred of anything that is populist.

Who said anything about hatred be it blind or 20:20? Are you implying that my (or anyone who has a similar opinions) dislike of, for example the smurfs film is based purely on the fact it is allegedly popular?

Seems a tad 'we'll looks like we got ourselves a reader'.  ???

Who said anything about hatred be it blind or 20:20? Are you implying that my (or anyone who has a similar opinions) dislike of, for example the smurfs film is based purely on the fact it is allegedly popular?

Seems a tad 'we'll looks like we got ourselves a reader'.  ???

I was mainly referring to "The masses like whatever people like simon cowell tell them to like." which sounds just like snobbery. The idea that if someone dares to like a film that is popular then someone else must be telling them so rather than there opinion be that way.

I was mainly referring to "The masses like whatever people like simon cowell tell them to like." which sounds just like snobbery. The idea that if someone dares to like a film that is popular then someone else must be telling them so rather than there opinion be that way.

If thats snobbery to you then you fill your boots son, don't make no odds to me.  I feel exactly toward this as i do about religion, you have the right to choose but once chosen i have no obligation to respect your choice.  If you want to like mass marketed and overproduced music and film then i will shake my head disdainfully and treat your choice accordingly.  The fact of the matter is that a lot of modern social media is like the emperors new clothes and masses buy into it so as not to rock the boat. 

Watched that too, not bad at all but a wee bit predictable.

A few years ago a girl pal of mine was reading that, i asked her if it was any good and she replied pretty depressing.  As i trusted her opinion i decided that she should just tell me what happened. 

A few years ago a girl pal of mine was reading that, i asked her if it was any good and she replied pretty depressing.  As i trusted her opinion i decided that she should just tell me what happened.

Reminds me of the time my wee nephew asked if I wanted to watch a film with him.

"Aye, go on then, what do you wanna watch?"

"Marley and Me!  The dog dies in the end!"

Errrr.....ok.  :-\

• 3 weeks later...

It is very good (well I thought so)

Refreshing that films like this are still being made but tragic that they dont get shown in all of the major cinemas

I think there is way too much shite getting made at the moment. Of the trailers ive seen to date the only one i fancy is 'Troll hunter'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEo7H9tqSM

Good film. See it before the yanks finish the remake

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously?

Have to ask what 3D could do to improve (or worsen) it from its original 1994 2D state?

Personally I thought disney had given up on re-releasing its animated movies back into the cinemas every few years after they made such a killing on Video, DVD, Blue ray sales from the mid 80s onwards

supposed its naive of me to think they wouldnt take advantage of this latest 3D fad to tap extra cash out of the public without doing any extra work

Seriously?

Have to ask what 3D could do to improve (or worsen) it from its original 1994 2D state?

Personally I thought disney had given up on re-releasing its animated movies back into the cinemas every few years after they made such a killing on Video, DVD, Blue ray sales from the mid 80s onwards

supposed its naive of me to think they wouldnt take advantage of this latest 3D fad to tap extra cash out of the public without doing any extra work

Sounds like a good business model to me.