St mirren - Dons

So what do we want to see in this game? Other than the obvious win, I wonder if we’ll finally see a reaction from the team and management. International break seems to have done fuck all so be surprised if the following week does much but who knows. I really can’t believe how reliant we’re going to be on hedges actually performing for us to even consider making the top 6 this season. Hopefully we can make something work, as the next few games after that a wouldn’t appear to be point winners at the moment.

Has there been any news on Bates? I’m hoping it was just a knock and he’s full fit for the game or we’re in for another shitefest. Gallagher has proved to be yet another dud, his partner must have carried him through that Motherwell team. Still trying to channel pandas optimistic outlook, honest!

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, Ferguson pen.

In

Driving

Away End

Watching Ryder Cup

1-2 (Ferguson & Samuels)

Ok, this will be my first game since Scottish Cup tie at same ground pre first lock down. Can't lie and say I'm looking forward to it one little bit but I'll cling to the hope that things might just click this weekend. All the pictures from yesterday's training session seems to point to the fact that Hedges is back for this one so maybe just maybe he'll provide the creative spark that has so sadly been missing for weeks.

On 23/09/2021 at 21:17, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Notice you are still banking on Lewis throwing one in for them BigAl

Justin Fletcher No GIF by CBeebies HQ

I’ve missed quite a few games this season, and he’s certainly looked suspect in the games I’ve seen, but has he really been as bad as some have made out? I’d put a lot of it down to not having a stable defence. Or even a competent one.

I'm optimistic that at some point the goals will come back. We now have too many options for it not to happen.

On Gallagher, I expected better but mcrorie had been a bombscare back there . I thought bates made a difference and if Gallagher and bates play together, we might see something more composed at the back.

Clearly doesn't want to drop Ross but he doesn't know where to put him. It's maybe time more pressure was put on fergie, ojo and brown by Ross and Matty.

All that said. I think that we'll have a 3-1 thriller. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I’ve missed quite a few games this season, and he’s certainly looked suspect in the games I’ve seen, but has he really been as bad as some have made out? I’d put a lot of it down to not having a stable defence. Or even a competent one.

It's been disjointed and largely clueless performances. We're enforcing a shape that doesn't suit the players that play in that system (in a McGhee type fashion) and signing players who don't suit the system either. 

We are not more entertaining under Glass, despite what the club is pushing. There's nothing entertaining about an incoherent system that doesn't produce.

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

I don’t think Lewis is playing as well as he has in the past but he is nowhere near as bad as is being suggested by some of our fans. He is definitely a far better option than putting Woods in.

• Like 1

He has been below par for a season or so now.  I know a few people spoke about the captaincy last season affecting him but that has gone to Brown now and Joe is still not the commanding keeper that he seemed to be before.  I wonder if an element of complacency has set in with him; he was SO good before I was stunned the no one in England came in for him because it looked like he could have played at the very top level and I wonder whether he too felt the same and the lack of a move on has stunted him a bit.  Seems like he has become capable of a dodgy goal here and there.  

He reminds me of Craig Gordon in that he would save everything before his move to England but when he came back from Sunderland and had recovered from injury, he didn't seem to save anything you wouldn't expect him to save, if that makes sense.  The two Motherwell goals the other week are a prime example.  Although not massive rickets as such, they were crosses into the edge of the six yard box where a confident goalie would have just come out and punched them clear.  Same with Stevie May's goal the other day, again not a howler but it was a shot Joe would have saved a couple of years back.  It was by no means a worldy, in the words of Merson.

On 23/09/2021 at 09:36, BigAl said:

In

Driving

Away End

Watching Ryder Cup

1-2 (Ferguson & Samuels)

Ok, this will be my first game since Scottish Cup tie at same ground pre first lock down. Can't lie and say I'm looking forward to it one little bit but I'll cling to the hope that things might just click this weekend. All the pictures from yesterday's training session seems to point to the fact that Hedges is back for this one so maybe just maybe he'll provide the creative spark that has so sadly been missing for weeks.

I used to love a trip to Paisley!!

Oot

Hill walk or cinema depending on weather

Also watching Ryder Cup

Gonna be optimistic as we have to score sometime 

0-2 Brown & McGinn 😋

Edited by Goldie03

Going to go against the flow here and say always hated trips to Paisley. Love Street was a dump and new stadium is plastic soulless shithole. Alamo was the one redeeming factor but it’s gone now. 

Hopefully Bates and Hedges are fit. Thought defence looked better with Bates in instead of Gallagher. Glass needs to pick two from Brown, Longstaff, Ferguson and Ojo as we do not need to play the 4 of them. Personally I would go with Ferguson and Longstaff however fully expect Glass to keep Brown in the team. Have to play someone up beside Ramirez as he definitely does not look like he can play their on his own. 

St Mirren seem to be struggling to score as well so can see this being low scoring.

Oot

Flat

Out with bairn

Out with Bairn

0-0

19 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It's been disjointed and largely clueless performances. We're enforcing a shape that doesn't suit the players that play in that system (in a McGhee type fashion) and signing players who don't suit the system either. 

We are not more entertaining under Glass, despite what the club is pushing. There's nothing entertaining about an incoherent system that doesn't produce.

I think we've clearly dominated a lot more of the ball than we did previously and I'm sure the stats reflect this. ( Although maybe not last week )

We just can't hit a barn door or defend for 90 mins.

Someone mentioned forcing players into a shape and I agree. When the full backs were playing at the start of the season, they had freedom and created chances.

Now cramming in an extra midfielder means that they have less space to move in.

Lewis

Ramsay Bates McCrorie Mackenzie 

Brown Campbell

McGinn Hedges Hayes

Samuels

McGinn & Hayes in since they did well off the bench last week. Campbell because we badly lacked someone able to pass the ball (I'm presuming McGeouch injured otherwise I'd have said him). 

I reckon Hedges only has an hour in him then I'd give Longstaff a chance.

2-0 the Dons. Come on.

Youd think(hope) Glass and the backroom entourage will have learned a few harsh lessons re formations/personnel over the last couple of weeks.Only a matter of time before we click....🤔

Tough little game this one,but..

Saints 1 - Dons 4  (Hayes x2,Ferguson,Longstaff)         'MonminReds

Edit - Not playing til the morn I see 🙄

Edited by Elgindon