Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

shambles..........

what the fuck has happened to Shay Logan?

Stevie May is fuckin shite.

Why play Rooney as a wide player?

Why play O'Connor?

Not sure what all the fuss about this Kilmarnock team is about as they are also shite.

McKenna and Shinnie only pass marks.

Sort it oot McInnes or get tae fuck.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked poor from stream I was watching. Could not understand why we would bring a defensive midfielder on when we had Greg Stewart on the bench. Surely we bring on an attacking player to try and win the game. When will McInnes understand Rooney is a central striker not a winger. May looks a shadow of the player who was at St Johnstone.

Just back and going to take a bit of time to defrost from sitting through that 90 minutes.

Thought we were fine in the first half, great goal from Shinnie, good to see him at left back and driving up and down the pitch, we should have scored again, but didn't have much clear cut chances despite having more possession, but why o why does he play Rooney on the wing though. Everyone and their dog knows what Rooney does, if he is not in the box he is no use whatsoever, I feel so sorry for him.

Second half was a different story, we were pretty shite. Clarke makes two changes and suddenly Killie are a different team. Erwin comes on and starts to hold the ball up well and in doing so brings the wide players in to the game and cause us problems and the pace from the boy Clark wins them the penalty, where Arni and Logan fuck up to give the away the pen in which fat sumo Boyd smashes home and gives us fans both barrels. Despite Killie being the better team and when I say better I am not talking by much, we did have chances to get that second, but on reflection a draw was probably fair enough result.

SHite game and shite weather to go with it. We needed our manager to change things in the second half, but just kept us the same shape when we were clearly crying out for a change.

Thought Christie was shite today, hasn't looked great for a while and seems to be missing that bit of sparkle which he usually brings to the team. Thought McGinn was poor today also, but he did create a couple of chances. May didn't do much and Rooney on the wing just grips my shit. Stewart and Wright are not bad that they are contstanly overlooked, both could bring more to the team than Rooney on the wing.

Fair play to the Killie fans who came up in numbers, cannot ever remember a time when they took up so much fans to Pittodrie, they will soon be back in their box though when Clarke leaves in the summer.

I have a family wedding on cup final day and I really don't want to go and I really need us to get to the final for my excuse not to go, so please boys, just get the job done in the replay.

Horrible second half and I thought Killie were the better team. We go a goal up and have a chance to kick on but allow Killie to come back and dominate. Interesting that Shinnie was at left back and on a booking. Stick him in midfield we maybe win the game but he gets booked and misses a semi.

What are our tactics/style of play? What are we meant to do when we have the ball? I see an awful lot of simply belt the ball forward and hope, or give it to McGinn or Christie and hope they do some magic. We are not good to watch these days at all. Feel very sorry for May and Rooney. Why is Rooney played wide, awful. And we play fetch with May, not fun. If I was either player I wouldn't be happy with what I'm appearing to be asked to do.

An inspiring win was needed today but instead we're probably a little lucky to still be in the cup.

Horrible second half and I thought Killie were the better team. We go a goal up and have a chance to kick on but allow Killie to come back and dominate. Interesting that Shinnie was at left back and on a booking. Stick him in midfield we maybe win the game but he gets booked and misses a semi.

What are our tactics/style of play? What are we meant to do when we have the ball? I see an awful lot of simply belt the ball forward and hope, or give it to McGinn or Christie and hope they do some magic. We are not good to watch these days at all. Feel very sorry for May and Rooney. Why is Rooney played wide, awful. And we play fetch with May, not fun. If I was either player I wouldn't be happy with what I'm appearing to be asked to do.

An inspiring win was needed today but instead we're probably a little lucky to still be in the cup.

they never dominated at any time in the match, in fact they were equally shite and we gifted them a penalty thanks to amateur defending.

McInnes team selection/ tactics ae baffling.

they never dominated at any time in the match, in fact they were equally shite and we gifted them a penalty thanks to amateur defending.

McInnes team selection/ tactics ae baffling.

Watched the game, thought they were the much better team in the second half. Even DM said he thought we were a bit fortunate to get a draw.

Watched the game, thought they were the much better team in the second half. Even DM said he thought we were a bit fortunate to get a draw.

maybe shaded the 2nd half, cant agree with much better.

created next to nothing a few long range shots.

Both teams were shite and a draw was all either deserved.

McInnes has been talking shite for a while now so I wouldn't pay any attention on his opinion.

Brutal game. Shinnie showed what we miss in an attacking sense when he's not at left back. But obviously it also showed what we miss when he's not in midfield.

Killie fans getting a lot of praise, and their numbers were great, would be more impressed if at least one of their songs wasn't linked to the huns. Wankers.

Not enough fight, too many aimless punts (O'Connor particularly guilty of this), goalkeeper who doesn't want to come off his line, not enough movement partly because we're playing our centre forward as a winger - again, Logan again beyond poor, Christie making the wrong choice time and again and was lucky to stay on the park as long as he did.  Greg Stewart is clearly completely bombed out now as we were crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball today and calm things down, and patiently look for that opening we needed. Still got no idea what we're supposed to be doing with/for Stevie May.

Looks like a team merely, or not even, going through the motions. 

I thought at the time we signed May that it was a huge risk when we probably would have been able to get him on loan for the season. If we had got him on loan, you’d think there would be no chance we’d burn half a million quid on him based on his performances so far.

What stood out most for me (only saw 2nd half) was that Killie were always trying to pass the ball on the ground, always looking to make space to receive a pass. We were always looking to punt it, doesn’t matter where, just in a general forward direction.

That and the fact that every single person on this planet, including the blind and people who have never actually seen a football, know that the Killie no.11 Jonesis going to cut inside onto his right foot. Everyone except our defenders that is. Considering he already scored against us this season doing precisely that, we still allowed him to do it again and again.

Also disappointing to see none of our players get annoyed enough at Boyd goading our supporters to make sure he got booted up in the air next time he touched the ball.

I thought at the time we signed May that it was a huge risk when we probably would have been able to get him on loan for the season. If we had got him on loan, you’d think there would be no chance we’d burn half a million quid on him based on his performances so far.

What stood out most for me (only saw 2nd half) was that Killie were always trying to pass the ball on the ground, always looking to make space to receive a pass. We were always looking to punt it, doesn’t matter where, just in a general forward direction.

That and the fact that every single person on this planet, including the blind and people who have never actually seen a football, know that the Killie no.11 Jonesis going to cut inside onto his right foot. Everyone except our defenders that is. Considering he already scored against us this season doing precisely that, we still allowed him to do it again and again.

Also disappointing to see none of our players get annoyed enough at Boyd goading our supporters to make sure he got booted up in the air next time he touched the ball.

Your long ball point is, in my option, why May is failing. He spends most of the time chasing and getting fuck all out of it. Our build up play is terrible. Can’t really blame May for the awful play and/or awful tactics. He’s not getting or missing any chances.

Looking more and more as if DM has given Calderwood's tombola a thorough oiling and will be using it from now on to determine line ups. Can't say I'm looking forward to the replay with any great confidence. Wingers now know that Logan is every bit as shaky as Considine when they cut inside and it appears no matter who we pair up with McKenna in central defence they will be a bombscare.

Really hope WBA bin Pardew today in light of their defeat yesterday and somehow come to the conclusion that DM will be the answer to their problems.

Re May - think some are writing him off a bit early,see J Hayes.As mentioned,our build up play is poor,and think he might suit a partner like eg McGinn alongside,but that probably wouldnt suit Dels present caution. Maybe still a bit cautious after his injuries too.

If results,crowds worsen, and Dels managerial appeal wanes,then it might force him to take some of the risks he maybe should have taken and be the kick up the arse that saves his skin.

Hope he turns it round though...

Re May - think some are writing him off a bit early,see J Hayes.As mentioned,our build up play is poor,and think he might suit a partner like eg McGinn alongside,but that probably wouldnt suit Dels present caution. Maybe still a bit cautious after his injuries too.

Aye, I'd agree with that. He has some decent qualities that we can definitely utilise - a decent touch and good movement. It's just he's doing a lot of it in the wrong areas of the pitch.

I don't think we should have paid the money we did for him, or sign him at all as I thought that his peak period was at St Johnstone and he had shown little of replicating it. He worked really hard to set the standard he did there, and I think we were on a hiding to nothing getting that from him here. That said, he's still got a lot of good attributes and we can definitely get a lot of goals from him played correctly. I also don't buy that he doesn't fit our system. If we choose, we can easily ask him to play the Rooney role - he's definitely capable as his 20 odd goals in a season at Saints was testament to. The problem just now is that we're trying to shoe horn him and Rooney into our system of one striker and that will never work (apart from against hibs that time...). It means that we've always got one of the two playing out of their natural role, because we never actually play with the two close together up front (we did for a bit yesterday, but then Killie just spread their defence and that forced Rooney back).

Also, has anyone noticed how much worse a player Christie is with McGinn in the side? Christie was only okay for us in his initial period and he's back to that level again. I don't know if it's cause McGinn constantly comes inside, but it does seem to affect Christie who is forced further back at times as they both want to play the free role. It's noticeable.

Aye, I'd agree with that. He has some decent qualities that we can definitely utilise - a decent touch and good movement. It's just he's doing a lot of it in the wrong areas of the pitch.

I don't think we should have paid the money we did for him, or sign him at all as I thought that his peak period was at St Johnstone and he had shown little of replicating it. He worked really hard to set the standard he did there, and I think we were on a hiding to nothing getting that from him here. That said, he's still got a lot of good attributes and we can definitely get a lot of goals from him played correctly. I also don't buy that he doesn't fit our system. If we choose, we can easily ask him to play the Rooney role - he's definitely capable as his 20 odd goals in a season at Saints was testament to. The problem just now is that we're trying to shoe horn him and Rooney into our system of one striker and that will never work (apart from against hibs that time...). It means that we've always got one of the two playing out of their natural role, because we never actually play with the two close together up front (we did for a bit yesterday, but then Killie just spread their defence and that forced Rooney back).

Also, has anyone noticed how much worse a player Christie is with McGinn in the side? Christie was only okay for us in his initial period and he's back to that level again. I don't know if it's cause McGinn constantly comes inside, but it does seem to affect Christie who is forced further back at times as they both want to play the free role. It's noticeable.

Agree 100% with this. I think Christie has been asked to play deeper in the team and not his natural position, he is certainly an attack minded player and his best performances for us have been when he has had a free role to roam about the pitch.

We are certainly a team stuggling for form at the moment, too much players off their game and having no real options to change things about. Our tombola tactics are equally frustrating, so much so I wonder if McInnes did sign for Rangers, but they loaned him back to us for the remainder of the season, best signing they ever made if they have.

I do think Stewart has been treated poorly, he has been bombed out the team since Niall arrived and for me was just coming into a decent spell with us. We cannot argue about Niall being back in the team as he as he has been superb for the most part, but Stewart should have been given a chance at some point in the past few games. We cannot even say there is no point as he will not be here after May, because the same applies to lots of others players at the club.

Regarding May, a mate of mine is a Sheffield loon and Wednesday fan and said when we signed him we have a decent player. He was apparently highly regarded as Sheffied, but the injuries killed his career with them, especially when they were struggling on the field also. I still think there is a player in him, but coming back into a team struggling for form isn't exactly helping his cause. I think a goal for him would give him a huge boost and allow him to kick on.

Shocking game yesterday, another inept & disjointed performance from us.  Killie deserved at least a replay.

What is it with us, when we score early & then start sitting deep ?  T.b.h they should have scored just before h.t when the pie man blasted over, thought they had the best player on the park in Jordan Jones (had Logan on toast).

Really annoyed with Logan & McGinn yesterday in particular, 2nd week running we got a half arsed performance from Niall, not good enough.  Not overly impressed with Woodman either, doesn't command his box at all & kicking is poor. 

The penalty was a comedy of errors.  Poor crowd yesterday, thought they had a good support up, ours was pathetic.

Not a lot to be positive about tbh!  One last gripe, why does D.M wait so long to bring on subs ? G.M.S should have been on 20mns earlier. :dunno:

I thought McGinn was sitting a bit too deep in the first half, but didn't look his usual self throughout. Thought he was more involved in the second and put across a couple of great crosses.

Christie is a really talented player but his biggest problem is that he makes the wrong decision far too much; shooting when it isn't on, running into dead ends etc. He tries to do too much; as much as you'd always want to encourage a player of his ability to take a risk, it's too often not a calculated risk, the shot he had in the second half from the left side, 20 yards out, bouncing ball, three defenders round him was an example of that. Leathers it miles over the bar when a simple pass was on where we could have got a cross over.

But, if the papers are to be believed this morning, he'll be back at Celtic next season regardless.

So Motherwell awaits the winner of the replay. Big incentive for everyone as it is a real chance to get to a Cup Final but our form over the last month has been poor at best. Hopefully this draw will be the incentive for the team to get back on the rails.