Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got caught under the ball (he actually didn't know where it was at first) and then stepped off and let it bounce rather than being ready for the dropping ball and stepping on to it to clear the danger. 

It should never have got to the point that he was actually engaged with Brophy.

My initial reaction to seeing that was that he was fouled but I had the benefit of rewinding it a couple of times and IMO there's no foul whatsoever. Logan just didn't deal with it. Get it to fuck rather than fannying about. I don't think he showed his opponent enough respect.

9 times out of 10 May doesn't get that foul given in his favour but I'[ll take it. Brilliant penalties from King Kenny. We're going to miss him a lot in the semi and next season!.

I just watched the BBC highlites.

I know Logan has been less than his usual self this season but surely that was a blatant foul for the goal.

Some great saves in the shootout.

Said at the time and stand by it, never a foul.

Should have dealt with it and sent it into Row Z.

Said at the time and stand by it, never a foul.

Should have dealt with it and sent it into Row Z.

The two aren't mutually exclusive though. He should have dealt with it, but I reckon that was a foul all day long. It's Logan's fault, but the attacker pushes into him when he's jumping so it should be a foul.

In defense of Logan (who I think has been terrible of late), I was expecting a much worse piece of defending. On any normal pitch that ball would have bounced half that height and he'd have been able to calmly turn and allow the ball to drift past him and pass back to the goalie. He's played on it enough that he should know of course, but it slightly mitigates his poor reading of it.

I like Shay as a player but like everyone else been aware that he's now been off his game for a good while. 

Now that he's suspended for the semi i think we need to be gearing up for that by figuring out a replacement soonest, starting this weekend. No better time than against a poor team at home surely?!

I don't really know what options are available to us.... Ball?

The two aren't mutually exclusive though. He should have dealt with it, but I reckon that was a foul all day long. It's Logan's fault, but the attacker pushes into him when he's jumping so it should be a foul.

In defense of Logan (who I think has been terrible of late), I was expecting a much worse piece of defending. On any normal pitch that ball would have bounced half that height and he'd have been able to calmly turn and allow the ball to drift past him and pass back to the goalie. He's played on it enough that he should know of course, but it slightly mitigates his poor reading of it.

Agree that the two aren't exclusive Rico.

Have just watched the incident numerous times there and still not convinced it is a foul, so agree to disagree.

Matters not one flying fuck today anyway  ;)

I have to say i don't think it was a foul either. Logan should either have headed the ball without letting it bounce or stood his ground. Instead he lets it bounce then tries to head it, but gets nowhere near due to the weird bounce you get on plastic pitches, he ends up flying over Brophy himself and by the time hes on his feet and regained balance Brophy is heading off into the distance.

Logan has become a liability and DM needs to start planning for the semi right now by dropping him.

Why's he letting it bounce in the first place? He got himself into a terrible shape

9 times out of 10 May doesn't get that foul given in his favour but I'[ll take it. Brilliant penalties from King Kenny. We're going to miss him a lot in the semi and next season!.

It was a clear foul if you see it from our end - had his right arm round him, then as May got away from him put his left out and hauled him back. Clear as day right in front of the ref.

Liam Macleod said he thought logan had had a much better game last night than he had for a while.  Cany anyone confirm?

He wasn't as poor as he has been but he still wasn't great. A big problem for the whole side has been his reluctance to get forward. I can think of one occasion last night where he did get forward and caused them problems but that was it really. It's hampering our attacking play, and having Considine on the other side doesn't help that either.

Why's he letting it bounce in the first place? He got himself into a terrible shape

As I said in my reply, I think he thought it would bounce comfortably through so he could pass back to the keeper. Check the bounce, it's unreal. He would have thought that retaining possession was better than lumping it out. Clearly he should know to deal with it on that pitch, especially as - on listening to the radio - that's what all the players were doing all game; hoofing the ball when uncertain. He's mis-read it completely, I'm just saying that there are mitigating circumstances. At any other pitch bar Hamilton, he'd have comfortably got that ball back to the keeper and we'd have started attacking again.

He wasn't as poor as he has been but he still wasn't great. A big problem for the whole side has been his reluctance to get forward. I can think of one occasion last night where he did get forward and caused them problems but that was it really. It's hampering our attacking play, and having Considine on the other side doesn't help that either.

^^^This. When he does go forward, he invariably stops 25 yards out and puts in a floaty pish to the back post. If he does find himself further up, he squares it straight into the first man. I think his lack of attacking has been as bad as his lack of defending, where he seems to now stand off his man as standard (albeit I believe he wasn't doing that last night).

As I said in my reply, I think he thought it would bounce comfortably through so he could pass back to the keeper. Check the bounce, it's unreal. He would have thought that retaining possession was better than lumping it out. Clearly he should know to deal with it on that pitch, especially as - on listening to the radio - that's what all the players were doing all game; hoofing the ball when uncertain. He's mis-read it completely, I'm just saying that there are mitigating circumstances. At any other pitch bar Hamilton, he'd have comfortably got that ball back to the keeper and we'd have started attacking again.

I'd be surprised if that was his thinking because the backline (not just last night) are very reluctant to pass it back to Woodman.

I think he just got caught under it and in a bad position generally, because he was running back with his head down not looking at the ball. By that point Brophy was nearly on top of him and he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

Either way, as with the shambles in the first game, he should know better.