Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s impossible not to look ahead to cup final day.

Getting our optician to work a Saturday is a long drawn out battle.

Of course she offered a certain Saturday in May.

I don’t think she has worked out why I refused.

Now, with two victories needed against teams that are more than capable of beating us, I’m making plans to take the grandson to his first final.

It’s what makes us fans I suppose

Aff our fuckin heids

Well, after a 5 week trip away in a new job and being stuck in Frankfurt airport for 18/19 hours on Fri i got home at 1 am on Sat morning, cleared the drive etc on Sat morning then went to the match... all the way from Inverurie!!! ::)

The whole day was disappointing.... turn out from fans and performance from the team.

We obviously started well enough with Shinnie showing exactly why he should be played at left back. Scoring was the worst thing we could have done it would seem. Stopped performing right there and then. DM's persistence on playing Rooney at left wing should be a hanging offence in football management... totally ridiculous! When he played up top for the last 10mins he had two strikes at goal, one off target and one on... i said at the time the next one was a goal but of course we ran out of time.

As i said the crowd was very disappointing... Killie singing "what a shitey home support" at us really is embarrassing and sums it up! If folk are using the weather as an excuse then that's pretty sad, Killie fans had just travelled 200 miles in one direction. If the stay aways didn't turn up because of DM's current brand of football then fair enough because it's fucking crap!

Highlight of the whole afternoon was the ballboy who launched a snowball at the Killie fans when coming back out at the start of the second half! Well done young man!  :thumbsup:

As i said the crowd was very disappointing... Killie singing "what a shitey home support" at us really is embarrassing and sums it up! If folk are using the weather as an excuse then that's pretty sad, Killie fans had just travelled 200 miles in one direction. If the stay aways didn't turn up because of DM's current brand of football then fair enough because it's fucking crap!

#

driving to the game I said one of the first songs they would sing was exactly that. ::) The irony.

Do any teams have a good home support?

Heard the Mighty managed to muster 18k for their Cup game.

It matters not that the Kilmarnock fans travelled 200 miles on good clear roads. If you live in or near Aberdeen you will know the roads north and west of the City are shite.

As for the Kilmarnock brilliant away support, if it was a regular thing then I would be impressed.

I thought at the time we signed May that it was a huge risk when we probably would have been able to get him on loan for the season. If we had got him on loan, you’d think there would be no chance we’d burn half a million quid on him based on his performances so far.

What stood out most for me (only saw 2nd half) was that Killie were always trying to pass the ball on the ground, always looking to make space to receive a pass. We were always looking to punt it, doesn’t matter where, just in a general forward direction.

That and the fact that every single person on this planet, including the blind and people who have never actually seen a football, know that the Killie no.11 Jonesis going to cut inside onto his right foot. Everyone except our defenders that is. Considering he already scored against us this season doing precisely that, we still allowed him to do it again and again.

Also disappointing to see none of our players get annoyed enough at Boyd goading our supporters to make sure he got booted up in the air next time he touched the ball.

Exactly the same goes for Scott Brown. Everyone's fucking scared of the cunt. His reaction to getting tripped by Cosgrove was disgusting.

Although tbf I think if we spend the whole game calling him a fat cunt (and he is a fat cunt) then he's got the right (imo) to get it right up us when he scores and we should be able to take it like men and not whinge to the ref (and even the Police ffs) when it happens. Having said all that you're right.. someone should be reminding him to show more manners. Fat hun cunt.

I didn't go to the game on Saturday. I had a wedding so the decision was taken out of my hands although in all honesty I don't think I'd have gone and it sounds like I didn't miss much. I've seen the goals but nothing else. It's vitally important for the sake of our season and McInnes' personal pride that we get through the replay and to a winnable semi final since it's looking unlikely that we'll finish 2nd or even 3rd.  :

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I suspect 2nd place has all but disappeared down the gurgler.

it's looking unlikely that we'll finish 2nd or even 3rd.  :

Come on boys, get the vibe back!

The huns will get stuffed at the weekend and we've got Thistle, Dundee and St Johnstone in the next three.  It's a fair chance we could be 3 points off 2nd with a game in hand by the end of Sunday.  2nd is not gone yet.  :thumbsup:

Sevco have a massive goal difference advantage over us effectively like an extra point lead. Apart from the prize money difference for finishing second there really isn't much difference in finishing third......both teams enter the Europa League at the same point. Whilst of course I'd like to overhaul sevco and finish second we still have to visit 'Well and Fartz before the split and I'm just not confident of taking anything better than a point at both those grounds unless we suddenly rediscover our form. Sevco will get pumped at the weekend for sure but anything less than 3 points for us and I'm definitely writing off 2nd.

With the Scottish Cup draw turning out the way it did we should be focussing all our efforts on that anyway.

Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke has urged the Scottish FA to take action against Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes for saying that Jordan Jones went "down without any contact" to earn a penalty for his side."I thought he was out of order," Clarke said in response."I thought it was a cheap shot. Of course I am not happy. Why is he allowed to come out and infer that Jordan Jones dived? "I don't understand why he gets away with that. Surely the authorities have to ask him to explain himself?"

Clarke should shut his mouth.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Hope Aberdeen hammer his side in the replay.

It was a stonewall penalty however.

What sort of action does Clarke want the powers to be take against McInnes ?.

Every week a football manager expresses his opinion on matters on the pitch.

It is McInnes's view the boy dived as is his opinion.

This is just petty shit from Clarke.

He has gone down in my estimation.

If DM had used the word "cheating" in his statement regarding Jones then Clarke may have a point, however it was only said that he went down without any contact....this is just a matter of opinion as opposed to a direct accusation so there would be no reason for the SFA to act.

Jones has previous for diving if I'm not mistaken. He probably threw himself down. I've seen it a few times I can't really see what caused him to go down but two of our defenders naively gave him the opportunity. So McInnes will get them telt about that behind closed doors I'm sure and is subtly reminding everyone that Jones is a diving cunt. Nothing wrong with that. Clarke is understandably sticking up for his player as you'd expect. Nothing wrong with that either. So everyone should calm doon. Nothing else will be said about it by the SFA.

I think dm is trying to protect Logan who is a shadow of his previous self. 

Clarke is at it big time though.  You can tell he worked with Jose who would very much approve of this rhetoric.  The media wankfest over Clarke is becoming increasingly nauseating and unless Murty wins the SC they will be pushing for him to Mordor in the summer. 

Shafted by tv again.

If we get through to cup semi final then we have yet another game with a 12.15 kick off.

Quele surprise

Wankers.

A poll from our friends at the D.R (results so far)

Who will win the Scottish Cup ?

Celtic......................................45%

The Rangers............................47%

Motherwell..............................3%

Aberdeen................................2%

Kilmarnock..............................3%

The people have spoken  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shafted by tv again.

If we get through to cup semi final then we have yet another game with a 12.15 kick off.

Quele surprise

Wankers.

the only consolation is I don;t see any confirmation that it's Hampden...yet

Pretty disappointed that Clarke has taken the view that he has.

As they say around these parts "He's a clype" - telling teacher what to do.

I'd say it was a penalty. The Killie guy has been clever about it, but Logan had already sold himself and then clipped the guy's heels. Killie has felt the touch and at at such speed was sure to go down.

We see referees turn these down every week and some times give them as on Saturday.

Clarke is just noising up the home support and trying to make the atmosphere on Tuesday as hostile as possible for the Dons. In turn he's applying pressure on the ref with his words.

McInnes actual quote was "I don't think my players bring Jones down"

No where does he mention cheating.

The word "think" is is opinion which he is entitled to say without being "clyped" on by Clarke.

The Dons don't need to buy into this storm of nonsense Clarke is peddling.

Aberdeen were poor Saturday and have been poor the last few matches and arguably this season.

Time for the manager and the players to stand up and be counted.

Look for another early incident in the Dons box on Tuesday night.

Hopefully the defence and particularly the ref don't shit themselves

Should we make it to the sem-eye final I really hope it's played at Tynecastle or Easter Road. The atmosphere when we played St. Johnstone there a few years back was excellent. Helped by a very early goal I know but I'd struggle to think of many better Dons atmospheres that I've seen. Dons/Killie v Motherwell at Hampden will be about a third full at the most.

Should we make it to the sem-eye final I really hope it's played at Tynecastle or Easter Road. The atmosphere there when we played St. Johnstone there a few years back was excellent. Helped by a very early goal I know but I'd struggle to think of many better Dons atmospheres that I've seen. Dons/Killie v Motherwell at Hampden will be about a third full at the most.

Absolutely, was that the time of the commonwealth games?  Was that why it was played there? I saw Jim Delahun was living up to his name yesterday by saying it should be at Hampdump because the teams like their day out in Glasgow  ::)