Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media have driven this, they appear to have acceptance from a lot of supporters that if the one of the cheeks wants a player/manager (or even FFS the media speculate that scenario) then said player/manager has to clearly lay down his response, intended response if offered or respond to the speculation.  Does he have to wear a suitable scarf depending whether he's staying or leaving as well?  What pish.  We've been sold a dummy over the years by these weegie driven copy and paste artists.  If anyone (except my wife and that's not a definite either) asked me to comment on whether I was leaving to take a new job I'd tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.  And as for commenting on speculation, just no.

Rangers may make an offer, DM may or may not go and that's it.  Feeding the hun media is not the Aberdeen manager's job. Every player/manager outside the mega euro teams is up for a wage increase move and they can all get by without "losing the dressing room": that's another myth.

The media have driven this, they appear to have acceptance from a lot of supporters that if the one of the cheeks wants a player/manager (or even FFS the media speculate that scenario) then said player/manager has to clearly lay down his response, intended response if offered or respond to the speculation.  Does he have to wear a suitable scarf depending whether he's staying or leaving as well?  What pish.  We've been sold a dummy over the years by these weegie driven copy and paste artists.  If anyone (except my wife and that's not a definite either) asked me to comment on whether I was leaving to take a new job I'd tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.  And as for commenting on speculation, just no.

Rangers may make an offer, DM may or may not go and that's it.  Feeding the hun media is not the Aberdeen manager's job. Every player/manager outside the mega euro teams is up for a wage increase move and they can all get by without "losing the dressing room": that's another myth.

:thumbsup:

And if some reporter from the peenjay asks jack Ross if he'd take the Aberdeen job this afternoon does the boy have to answer yes or no with anecdotal backup ref his love for saintees/dons?  Never going to happen, all we could expect is a "no comment" and that would be deemed correct because it doesn't involve the cheeks; is that not blindingly obvious?

I've mentioned it several times on here, and no-one has come up with a counter argument. McInnes cannot say he is not going. It would be the worst move a manager could make. Just as he didn't when Sunderland were sniffing about. If you say that you're not going this time, then everyone expects you to do the same next time. If he'd said he wasn't going to Sunderland when linked last time, he'd have had to say on day one that he wasn't joining the huns this time. At some point, there will be a team he wants to go to and he'd have to say so, which would cause all sorts of difficulty. He can only say "I don't comment on speculation", because that's what all professional managers do, every time. Same when dealing with purchasing players, or players getting sold/leaving - something we've been very appreciative of in our transfer dealings since he's been here. If he doesn't have that barrier between speculation and truth then he'd be screwed. McInnes' managerial life doesn't end after this one story, he has a long career in management whether that be with us, the hun or someone else.

Kris Commons is a thick cunt who clearly hasn't been in that position before to know what to do. Nor is he capable of putting himself in McInnes' position to think it through.

Quite simply, the huns have not made an approach yet. McInnes can't possibly know if he'd take the deal or not. There is nothing for him to comment on other than some BBC stories.

I'd have been broadly sympathetic to this argument last week.  It would arguably be disrespectful/unprofessional to explicitly turn down an offer you haven't received.  And I think, however much those of us who really detest Sevco may dislike it, he's entitled to wait and see what any offer looks like.  He SHOULD  be entitled to say "I'm not going to comment on speculation" and leave it at that.

But it's now so clear that the speculation is damaging the club that pays his wages that the game has changed.  Sometimes circumstances force you to pick an option that's not the one you want, but the lesser of two evils.  He can let the speculation continue, damaging the club, or he can shut it down: I have no doubt a form of words could be found that made it clear he wouldn't be moving.  It's unfair that he's forced into this position, but he's in it, and that means his choice it between allowing damage to the club to continue, or keeping his options open.  If he chooses the latter and doesn't end up at Mordor for any reason his relationship with the club and fans here could be very badly damaged.

I'd have been broadly sympathetic to this argument last week.  It would arguably be disrespectful/unprofessional to explicitly turn down an offer you haven't received.  And I think, however much those of us who really detest Sevco may dislike it, he's entitled to wait and see what any offer looks like.  He SHOULD  be entitled to say "I'm not going to comment on speculation" and leave it at that.

But it's now so clear that the speculation is damaging the club that pays his wages that the game has changed.  Sometimes circumstances force you to pick an option that's not the one you want, but the lesser of two evils.  He can let the speculation continue, damaging the club, or he can shut it down: I have no doubt a form of words could be found that made it clear he wouldn't be moving.  It's unfair that he's forced into this position, but he's in it, and that means his choice it between allowing damage to the club to continue, or keeping his options open.  If he chooses the latter and doesn't end up at Mordor for any reason his relationship with the club and fans here could be very badly damaged.

But he did find those words. He shut it down two weeks ago. The media chose to resurrect it again. I'm not sure what more he can do.

Good work on shoe-horning in Kingsford, but you've missed my point. First, he's not saying he's not interested in any vacancies just now, because that would be ridiculous. He has no idea when another job might come up. For example, if he'd come out on the day the previous hun was sacked and said "I'm not interested in any vacancies just now" and then three days later the West Brom job was offered to him, I'm pretty certain he'd have taken it. The point being that as soon as you give a definitive answer to one piece of speculation then you're expected to give a definitive answer to every piece of speculation. Your example doesn't get round that.

If you need evidence, look back at the comments on here when McInnes was being touted for the Sunderland job. Everybody was suggesting that he should come out and say whether he would be leaving or not. He kept his mouth shut until an actual offer was made, mulled it over, and then decided to stay. As any professional manager would.

Although Donsdaft is obviously correct.

Nail on the head.

The clamour for him to come out and say something is ridiculous. I don't even think if he came out and said "I AM THE ABERDEEN MANAGER AND I DON'T WANT TO GO TO RANGERS" as folk are demanding that it would stop the Weegia pish at all - people seem to forget how much they fucking hate us, and how much fun they're having turning the fans against the club and unsettling us. People are playing right into their hands without taking a step back and thinking about what's going on.

Let's be perfectly honest, if he's enough of a cunt to go tho the Huns, he'd be enough of a cunt to pay lip service to the fans and pander to them and throw them the quotes they wanted to hear. What he says means fuck all in the scheme of things.

Actions will speak louder than words.

Surely to god we will get an answer or a clearer idea of things today.

Talking to many in the pub before the game and a lot in Section Y, whether he goes or not to the b@stard garden, his time is done here.

I can't see how he can recover from any of this. The piss poor team put out against the hvns at Ibrokes, then not knowing the team he put out at home.

I was 100% behind him when he turned down the Sunderland job even after going and talking to them. Now though, I would rather he left. If we get close to 1m for him, great.

I have to agree, if we get 800k for him as reported then fine.  Still doesn't excuse the media pish around this.  Let's face it, the cheeks tapping up a player is the norm, it's just that it hasn't happened to us for a while (I exclude Jack as that was a no brainer and he was out of contract).  He would be mug to take the job and, as he is aware, the mode of his recruitment stinks but if he goes we get a new start.  The hope is that we are better prepared for this than the hun were and that we can go about our business without feeding the media with clickbait.

I'm more concerned with our loss of two games on the trot to the 4th placed club, who are managerless and played most of a half away from home down to 10 men.  If some of that is down to players being "unsettled" then we are up shit creek sans paddle: up for being bullied by the big boys.

I also agree. Basically, what we're saying is that due to the media and the fans' hysterical reaction to rumour, his position is now untenable.

Rangers' best move would be to not make an offer to McInnes. The damage is done, they simply don't need to anymore. Ridiculously, McInnes has no way back with dons fans and, given the recent results, probably isn't really wanted by the hun fans either. At best they'll put in a heavily reduced offer for him this week, at worst they don't move on anyone over the next few weeks and we continue to stumble around.

I hope Milne now understands his huge mistake in trying to be the new huns when preventing the 11-1 vote structure changes. There's no level playing field between us and them. There never will be.

Nail on the head.

The clamour for him to come out and say something is ridiculous. I don't even think if he came out and said "I AM THE ABERDEEN MANAGER AND I DON'T WANT TO GO TO RANGERS" as folk are demanding that it would stop the Weegia pish at all - people seem to forget how much they fucking hate us, and how much fun they're having turning the fans against the club and unsettling us. People are playing right into their hands without taking a step back and thinking about what's going on.

Let's be perfectly honest, if he's enough of a cunt to go tho the Huns, he'd be enough of a cunt to pay lip service to the fans and pander to them and throw them the quotes they wanted to hear. What he says means fuck all in the scheme of things.

Actions will speak louder than words.

To me it doesn’t matter what the media say. Had DM came out and said he doesn’t want the job, he’s not interested etc it would put many minds at ease. And he can say that in a respectful way without actually having been offered the job. He could have cleared much of this up. The fact that he hasn’t done so tells us all he’s interested. He knows the club is a shit show, all the drama etc., but still doesn’t distance himself. That tells me he’s gone if offered. Horrible situation now because we have a manager whose eyes are elsewhere and the longer this goes only hurts us. Like many have said, don’t see how DM comes back from this. The Rangers performances were tactically poor but more significantly , for the most part, gutless. Lost the dressing room since the players see he wants to be elsewhere?

To me it doesn’t matter what the media say. Had DM came out and said he doesn’t want the job, he’s not interested etc it would put many minds at ease. And he can say that in a respectful way without actually having been offered the job. He could have cleared much of this up. The fact that he hasn’t done so tells us all he’s interested. He knows the club is a shit show, all the drama etc., but still doesn’t distance himself. That tells me he’s gone if offered. Horrible situation now because we have a manager whose eyes are elsewhere and the longer this goes only hurts us. Like many have said, don’t see how DM comes back from this. The Rangers performances were tactically poor but more significantly , for the most part, gutless. Lost the dressing room since the players see he wants to be elsewhere?

Wow. So we're expecting a manager to not be interested in something based on no offer? That's fucking ridiculous. The huns could offer him 3 times his salary and a budget of £10M to spend in January and the summer with written backup. What would he do then? Do we seriously think that a guy - who isn't a rabid Aberdeen fan (like one of us) - would turn that offer down? That doesn't make him a hun, or anything else, just a pragmatic football manager. Or there might be an offer of the same salary as the dons with a small transfer kitty. Would he be a hun for considering the offer briefly before not accepting and staying with us? Again, he has had no offer to turn down, nothing for him to consider. He can't be interested or not interested in something that doesn't exist.

Are we that fucking needy that we have to have a manager/player declaring their absolute loyalty to our club at all costs, regardless of any other offers, or they can fuck off? *

*aye...

Wow. So we're expecting a manager to not be interested in something based on no offer? That's fucking ridiculous. The huns could offer him 3 times his salary and a budget of £10M to spend in January and the summer with written backup. What would he do then? Do we seriously think that a guy - who isn't a rabid Aberdeen fan (like one of us) - would turn that offer down? That doesn't make him a hun, or anything else, just a pragmatic football manager. Or there might be an offer of the same salary as the dons with a small transfer kitty. Would he be a hun for considering the offer briefly before not accepting and staying with us? Again, he has had no offer to turn down, nothing for him to consider. He can't be interested or not interested in something that doesn't exist.

Are we that fucking needy that we have to have a manager/player declaring their absolute loyalty to our club at all costs, regardless of any other offers, or they can fuck off? *

*aye...

There are already people who have said they are not interested in the Rangers job, or the Scotland job. You don’t need to be offered it to make that statement. DM is interested in the Rangers job, don’t grudge him that, but this dragging out certainly certainly hurts us. He could have put our minds at ease, didn’t, and people are turning on him by the day.

Now that he's deliberately cost us 6 points you don't have to look too hard to see other Ibrox plots.

"Let's make the bastards build a stupid new stadium in the middle of nowhere and watch them end up playing to crowds of 2500."

No to Huns at Pittodrie

No to ridiculous moves to Westhill

There are already people who have said they are not interested in the Rangers job, or the Scotland job. You don’t need to be offered it to make that statement. DM is interested in the Rangers job, don’t grudge him that, but this dragging out certainly certainly hurts us. He could have put our minds at ease, didn’t, and people are turning on him by the day.

That doesn't make sense. If he's interested he's in no position to put our minds at ease. If you don't grudge him his interest, then you can't expect him to put your mind at ease. Your two statements completely conflict, you must have noticed that when you typed them?