Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Ross is probably the obvious replacement but with the wedge of compo that will come our way I think we have to at least try tempting popcorn teeth away from Hibs....

I was just a wee bit sick in my mouth there...but I can’t argue with the fact he’d probably do a decent job here. Can’t see him leaving Edinburgh for Aberdeen though.

Players have known since midweek that he's gone. Shinnie had a go at him before Ibrox when he changed tactics at the last minute. Atmosphere in the dressing room is supposedly shite.

Another garbage effort from his team today.

Even if the above is bollocks, I want him gone. This team has no direction. He's bought players on reputation and given no thought to how they actually fit together as a football team.

Even if the above is bollocks, I want him gone. This team has no direction. He's bought players on reputation and given no thought to how they actually fit together as a football team.

Totally agree!

Although i only had the 'pleasure' of following the game on twitter i seen enough in small video clips to see that he was nervous as fuck! Apparently he jogged to the bench from the tunnel just before kick off, which i don't recall him doing before.

That aside, as Bobby says, this team is only going in one direction. I can't believe we've in second place for as long as we have done.

The capitulations every time we have a 'big game' on our hands is gut wrenching. This is one season too many for DM, he's done very well in his time here but it's starting to fall apart.

Special mention to the SMSM, well done you agenda driven pricks! It's looks like you've all got what you wanted, i just hope for your sake he's an absolute disaster, and a flop of the highest order at sevco! I've never in all my days seen anything like the carry on caused by you arrogant arseholes like we've had in the last 5+ weeks! Go fuck yourselves!

Players have known since midweek that he's gone. Shinnie had a go at him before Ibrox when he changed tactics at the last minute. Atmosphere in the dressing room is supposedly shite.

I think you make an extremely important point. He hasn’t played Stewart and May in the position and system that worked for them and gave them success. Hate to say it but our 4-2-3-1 fits Moult as the main striker, May is lost in our system.....although other than long ball I’m not really sure what we’re trying to do.

Bottom line regarding the manager and Rangers is that he hasn’t said he doesn’t want the rangers job, and that he’s staying. He’s chosen his words carefully about being committed but hasn’t said he’s definitely staying. If he’d publically said that it clears it all up. The players are clearly unsettled, rumors all over the place, definitely affecting the team.

Another unsurprising defeat. Reading some of the Facebook comments they think that this is a blip and only two defeats. It’s this level of idiocy that accepts mediocrity to continue. This team has been unbalanced from day one. Most probably because McInnes didn’t think he’d be here either. My patience with him ran out a while ago but he’d earned (or so I thought) that extra bit of time. His big game record is absolutely pathetic. The warning signs were all there with the away game at apollon and frankly, how we flukes our way to be second this long I beyond me.

I think it was bobby who mentioned the concerning thing is not the fact that a managerial position would open up, it’s that McInnes has complete control of every aspect. If it plays out as we expect it to, he’ll have made a mockery of everyone at the club. Especially Milne. I don’t buy that the deal has been sorted for weeks and Milne wanted these two games out the way, there is no sense in that. That’s not to say it wasn’t mcinnes’ strategy. He’s certainly managed to cut a reasonable lead over them...

Shame he’s willing to let all his good work go at the drop of an ebt.

Bottom line regarding the manager and Rangers is that he hasn’t said he doesn’t want the rangers job, and that he’s staying. He’s chosen his words carefully about being committed but hasn’t said he’s definitely staying. If he’d publically said that it clears it all up. The players are clearly unsettled, rumors all over the place, definitely affecting the team.

You're right, the closest he's come to saying he doesn't want the job was when he said "i see my future at Aberdeen"... but even that is a nothing statement as tomorrow is in the future (just in case you didn't know  ::)) and even then he only made that statement after Milne made his about DM staying.

I'm beyond annoyed and i'm putting it 99% down to the weegia! McInnes better go now as the situation is fucked now! Can't believe we've been overtaken by the vermin. Apparently we'd be 7th in a 'form league' since the clown got his jotters!

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Hopefully The Rangers make their move early doors this week if they do want him so we can get line drawn under it all and so AFC can kick on and move on if need be.

Personally, if McInnes is to go then I am not even bothered about it to be honest, I think fresh ideas and a fresh approach would be a good thing for the club at the moment.

My only concern is the board. If The Rangers do come calling, will they hold firm and make sure we get the correct fee required for McInnes. Also will they get the next managerial appointment right if McInnes does leave.

Another unsurprising defeat. Reading some of the Facebook comments they think that this is a blip and only two defeats. It’s this level of idiocy that accepts mediocrity to continue. This team has been unbalanced from day one. Most probably because McInnes didn’t think he’d be here either. My patience with him ran out a while ago but he’d earned (or so I thought) that extra bit of time. His big game record is absolutely pathetic. The warning signs were all there with the away game at apollon and frankly, how we flukes our way to be second this long I beyond me.

I think that's very harsh. McInnes went through a spell last season where we were playing pish and really struggling. He then turned it round and we had one of our best seasons in 20 years, scoring a huge number of goals, getting a record points total and playing some sublime fitba. It's far too easy to forget that, and also to forget that he lost his best players. I disagree with a lot of his shite tactics (yesterday was fine given the choices), but whether I like it or not, he's very much earned his extra time.

There were very many on this board who were very happy with the squad McInnes had assembled at the beginning of the season, suggesting that we'd effectively replaced the players we'd lost (I wasn't convinced by the key players such as GMS, Tansey or Arneson) and, as they were in the shape of proven SPL players, it was easy to see why McInnes might have thought so too. Had the board backed him with Moult then I suspect we wouldn't be in this position today. I think we'd be in the Europa league and McInnes wouldn't have had a second thought about the hun.

Still, the huns have made no approach at all for our manager and he has re-iterated the chairman's statement that said he wasn't going anywhere (his words - "I re-iterate what the chairman said"...""He has no intention of going anywhere. He loves this club."). It seems to me like a massive exercise in trying to unsettle a club so much that the club have no option but to let the manager go at a reduced price just to bring some sanity back to proceedings. It's been a pretty shameful, BBC orchestrated, shite-show. McInnes shouldn't be held to account for things that are entirely outwith his control. I think the huns will meet the figure, McInnes will talk to them, and he'll turn them down.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I think the media-driven thing that McInnes refers to is a total cop out and have to agree with Kris Commons view yesterday.

Yes, the media DESPERATELY want him to go.  But, if he doesn't want to go he has had numerous occasions to put it to bed by just saying I am not interested.

Yesterday's post match interview was just a joke.

This is like your wife swearing that she has not been playing about with your best mate and then telling you two months later that she is pregnant with his child.

I think the media-driven thing that McInnes refers to is a total cop out and have to agree with Kris Commons view yesterday.

Yes, the media DESPERATELY want him to go.  But, if he doesn't want to go he has had numerous occasions to put it to bed by just saying I am not interested.

I've mentioned it several times on here, and no-one has come up with a counter argument. McInnes cannot say he is not going. It would be the worst move a manager could make. Just as he didn't when Sunderland were sniffing about. If you say that you're not going this time, then everyone expects you to do the same next time. If he'd said he wasn't going to Sunderland when linked last time, he'd have had to say on day one that he wasn't joining the huns this time. At some point, there will be a team he wants to go to and he'd have to say so, which would cause all sorts of difficulty. He can only say "I don't comment on speculation", because that's what all professional managers do, every time. Same when dealing with purchasing players, or players getting sold/leaving - something we've been very appreciative of in our transfer dealings since he's been here. If he doesn't have that barrier between speculation and truth then he'd be screwed. McInnes' managerial life doesn't end after this one story, he has a long career in management whether that be with us, the hun or someone else.

Kris Commons is a thick cunt who clearly hasn't been in that position before to know what to do. Nor is he capable of putting himself in McInnes' position to think it through.

Quite simply, the huns have not made an approach yet. McInnes can't possibly know if he'd take the deal or not. There is nothing for him to comment on other than some BBC stories.

I've mentioned it several times on here, and no-one has come up with a counter argument. McInnes cannot say he is not going. It would be the worst move a manager could make. Just as he didn't when Sunderland were sniffing about. If you say that you're not going this time, then everyone expects you to do the same next time. If he'd said he wasn't going to Sunderland when linked last time, he'd have had to say on day one that he wasn't joining the huns this time. At some point, there will be a team he wants to go to and he'd have to say so, which would cause all sorts of difficulty. He can only say "I don't comment on speculation", because that's what all professional managers do, every time.

I completely disagree.

If he had no intention of going to Rangers he could say I have no interest in any vacancies just now and am fully committed to Aberdeen. He actually got Milne to say the committed part and he said 'I reiterate the chairman's comments' without ever saying that himself, only giving the vague 'I see my future at Aberdeen'.

Also if he really was as committed as he has portrayed to the poor souls who swallowed it at the Kingsford speeches, he would say I'll be here at least until the training ground is built etc.

Say next time the Norwich job comes up and he's asked about it but is interested he can say 'I've not heard anything about that, just now I'm focused on Aberdeen'...which is exactly what he's done but for Rangers. Of course, he's interested and wants to go.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

McInnes cannot say he is not going.

I tik your point Rico and it is a difficult one but in the meantime the club just seems to have been totally destabilised and the form of the whole team has gone to pot.

Also, if, as it seems, McInnes and Milne have a good relationship then he is really stitching up the chairman by endorsing Milne's comments the other week.

It is like the Jack situation mark 2.

I completely disagree.

If he had no intention of going to Rangers he could say I have no interest in any vacancies just now and am fully committed to Aberdeen. He actually got Milne to say the committed part and he said 'I reiterate the chairman's comments' without ever saying that himself, only giving the vague 'I see my future at Aberdeen'.

Also if he really was as committed as he has portrayed to the poor souls who swallowed it at the Kingsford speeches, he would say I'll be here at least until the training ground is built etc.

Say next time the Norwich job comes up and he's asked about it but is interested he can say 'I've not heard anything about that, just now I'm focused on Aberdeen'...which is exactly what he's done but for Rangers. Of course, he's interested and wants to go.

Good work on shoe-horning in Kingsford, but you've missed my point. First, he's not saying he's not interested in any vacancies just now, because that would be ridiculous. He has no idea when another job might come up. For example, if he'd come out on the day the previous hun was sacked and said "I'm not interested in any vacancies just now" and then three days later the West Brom job was offered to him, I'm pretty certain he'd have taken it. The point being that as soon as you give a definitive answer to one piece of speculation then you're expected to give a definitive answer to every piece of speculation. Your example doesn't get round that.

If you need evidence, look back at the comments on here when McInnes was being touted for the Sunderland job. Everybody was suggesting that he should come out and say whether he would be leaving or not. He kept his mouth shut until an actual offer was made, mulled it over, and then decided to stay. As any professional manager would.

Although Donsdaft is obviously correct.

The difference between the Sunderland offer and now is of course the timing, Sunderland speculation and then offer came in during the close season and The Rangers smack dab in the middle of it and I think its clear to see it has caused unrest in the team and of course the fans.

I think people are also looking too much in to Milnes comments the other week. At that point links with The Rangers and West Brom were speculation, there was nothing concrete on the table. Of course McInnes wasnt going to go into a meeting with the chairman and say 'Milne my man, I am leaving mate' with no other offers on the table.

Good work on shoe-horning in Kingsford, but you've missed my point. First, he's not saying he's not interested in any vacancies just now, because that would be ridiculous. He has no idea when another job might come up. For example, if he'd come out on the day the previous hun was sacked and said "I'm not interested in any vacancies just now" and then three days later the West Brom job was offered to him, I'm pretty certain he'd have taken it. The point being that as soon as you give a definitive answer to one piece of speculation then you're expected to give a definitive answer to every piece of speculation. Your example doesn't get round that.

If you need evidence, look back at the comments on here when McInnes was being touted for the Sunderland job. Everybody was suggesting that he should come out and say whether he would be leaving or not. He kept his mouth shut until an actual offer was made, mulled it over, and then decided to stay. As any professional manager would.

Although Donsdaft is obviously correct.

:laughing: All the justifications I've seen of proof of his commitment have been of his speech to the select few at Pittodrie where he said 'I fucking better be [the manager when the stadium opens]', as well as how he sounded at the pre-determination hearing. I've seen some of those same people now accept he's going.

If the ABERDEEN manager is linked to fucking RANGERS and has no interest in going, is committed to the club as he supposedly is and has told people, he can absolutely make an exception to this speculation dance and say I have no interest in that job whatsoever.

He's so blatantly just trying not to be seen as a liar and keep his dignity. His comments about not being happy with the way it's been handled I am certain are a message to the Rangers board for their shambolic approach, and him trying to assert his authority early.

Your point about the Sunderland job is correct...because he was interested. My point is he is not committed to Aberdeen and is open to the Rangers job. We have fans who believed the total opposite. Some still do.

The media and Der Hun have played a fucking blinder here.

Totally destabilised everyone and everything to do with AFC and five weeks down the line still no approach.

Number of fans have turned against McInnes over his handling of the speculation.

Huns have covered their options here, throwing names out left right and centre to suss out their hoardes reaction.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if even now they didn't approach us to speak to McInnes.

They may well go after someone else and feel that they've achieved their objective by covering their options for so long and seriuosly destabilising us into the bargain.

Just sums up their mentality and under hand dealings