Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on another footy forum saying its a done deal.

For real??

I actually believe we need a newxmanagwr tbh but if its true, then whatz all that pish milne saying that deek still has something to prove?

And deek reiterating that very point.

>:(

Theres a thread on a sevco forum asking how long they give him to try to match/overtake the dhims before they bullet him!

They are all convinced it is a done deal to be announced Monday. Surely to f@ck the board must be aware of this by now and actually asked DM if he has been approached and what his intentions are. If he says he wants to speak to sevco then on no account should he even be in the stadium tomorrow far less the dug out.

I still cannot believe he would commit career suicide by going there but deep down he is one of them so who knows.

Theres a thread on a sevco forum asking how long they give him to try to match/overtake the dhims before they bullet him!

They are all convinced it is a done deal to be announced Monday. Surely to f@ck the board must be aware of this by now and actually asked DM if he has been approached and what his intentions are. If he says he wants to speak to sevco then on no account should he even be in the stadium tomorrow far less the dug out.

I still cannot believe he would commit career suicide by going there but deep down he is one of them so who knows.

Rumours are certainly gathering pace. Have heard numerous, including that Docherty won't be going with him, the huns board want DM as manager with Barry Ferguson as assistant  :rofl:

If he goes, our board will look to appoint Docherty as no.1 with Barry Robson as assistant. Also heard another rumour that we've lined up Gordon Strachan!  :confused:  All just on the grapevine stuff rather than from anyone connected or anything like that.

i'd like to think that all of this is just rumor, but I'll still be half expecting the worst come Monday.

Strange how the rumor has really cranked up over this period where we play them twice in a row though.

Wouldn't surprise me if somebody else suddenly comes into the frame come Monday morning. Those cunts in the media have a lot to answer for.

Nah there's no doubt sevco want him....now (I suspect he wasn't their first choice but either that guy has been too expensive or has taken another job).  Undeniably they have used a complicit west coast centric media to push forward their interest and despite DM saying there has been no contact between clubs, they are bound to have sounded out McInnes' agent. They will know the personal terms required, the stumbling blocks sevco will have to overcome are

Will they allow DM to bring in his own backroom team? ( Tony Doc appears to be unacceptable to a large chunk of the sevconian support)

Will they provide DM with a budget that allows him to meet sevco expectations? ( I'd imagine sevco consider this season a write off but will want a cup win minimum next season and win the league season 2019/20 or he gets bulleted)

I think it is a poisoned chalice that can only damage his career but DM may view this as his once chance to manage the club he supported. Next week should be very interesting.

Theres a brand new member  >:D on stand free forum stating that he has spoken to the sevco physio  ??? and confirming that DM will be unveiled at greyskull on Monday....then goes on to demand we appoint Robinson from 'Well asap

Probably an orc infiltrator but he is the first person I know of quoting a sevco employee actually naming DM. I'm now of the opinion DM should be nowhere near Pittodrie tomorrow and Doc should take the team. If Milne knows about this (and surely he must by now) and lets McInnes take the team tomorrow, even if we win the match, Milne should be hunted out the club asap.

Theres a brand new member  >:D on stand free forum stating that he has spoken to the sevco physio  ??? and confirming that DM will be unveiled at greyskull on Monday....then goes on to demand we appoint Robinson from 'Well asap

Probably an orc infiltrator but he is the first person I know of quoting a sevco employee actually naming DM. I'm now of the opinion DM should be nowhere near Pittodrie tomorrow and Doc should take the team. If Milne knows about this (and surely he must by now) and lets McInnes take the team tomorrow, even if we win the match, Milne should be hunted out the club asap.

I'm assuming you're joking? A brand new poster on a forum said so? Cause that never happens. I'm away on to a Hibs forum to tell them we've signed McGinn on a free due to a contract anomaly. My source is Davie Wylie, but dinna tell anyone.

There isn't half some amount of shite posted in internet forums. I'm not sure I've ever believed anything written on a forum if I haven't seen it backed up elsewhere. There's no way that it's already been agreed that McInnes is away. If he had agreed a deal he wouldn't take them team tomorrow even if the board would let him.

it's incredibly fucking tiresome though isn't it.

I've not seen such underhand tactics since I got all my mates to tell Michelle Wright I fancied her in second year. It didn't work for me and I hope it doesn't work for sevco, although at least Michelle had the decency to say she wasn't interested from the outset.

it's incredibly fucking tiresome though isn't it.

I've not seen such underhand tactics since I got all my mates to tell Michelle Wright I fancied her in second year. It didn't work for me and I hope it doesn't work for sevco, although at least Michelle had the decency to say she wasn't interested from the outset.

Ahh Michelle.

She told everyone she hadn't been asked out by me but she had.

Her studies were disrupted a lot and she blamed the teachers sometimes when in actual fact it was me just phoning her a lot asking her to join me at my school.

She joined eventually but was never truly happy and left my school after a year to go south somewhere.

Fuck I'm deep.

:surprised:

He'd be gone sooner or later, just a shame he looks like he's going to the filth.  Let's face it though, he's a decent manager of limited ability that had taken us as far as he could some time ago.  If we can get a decent wedge in compensation that adds to the sevco debt then good.  I'll give him 2 years at the bastard garden.

Said all along he will get sevco a comfortable second and maybe a Cup or 2 along the way but he will get nowhere near enough funds to stop the dhims taking 10IAR and when the mhanks go 7-10 points clear in that season the sevco board will give him his jotters, leaving him with a tarnished reputation and a future managing clubs like Doncaster or if he's lucky, St Johnstone might give him his old job back.

So i have steadfastly said McInnes won't be Rangers 2012 next manager. I actually still stand by that and still don't believe he will take it if actually offered. What had changed however, likr many others is my thinking that it might not be the worst thing pissible for AFC should he go. Not quite in the willing to drive him  to Govan camp yet, but not going to lose anything other than face if he does go. Still think that it will be career suicide for him, but might work out well for us getting the cash in and a new leader at the helm.....just please not Tommy Wright or Derek Adams.

Christ I forgot about Adams. Last seen making a pig of things at Plymouth presumably still there.

I was with Al in the "surely to f@ck he must see it's career suicide" camp till Friday but as has been said elsewhere, McInnes could easily have put all the shit to bed ages ago by simply saying " I've heard the speculation but I have no interest in joining sevco". Instead he has chosen his words very carefully so as not to alienate us but in no way saying that he isn't interested.

Next 48 hours will be interesting. I'd love him to tell sevco to ram it once the inevitable official approach comes in but don't think that will happen. Jack Ross is probably the obvious replacement but with the wedge of compo that will come our way I think we have to at least try tempting popcorn teeth away from Hibs. Odious wee shyte but certainly wouldnt capitulate to sevco and would at least have us competative in matches against the dhims.

Your move sevco...

He said he can't make any assumptions on what another club does, for me, he's anticipating Rangers make an approach for him ( if he doesn't already know ) and I revert back to my initial post on this subject almost a month ago, IF they make an approach, he will go to them & Kenny McLean will be his first signing.

He'll have the facilities he's been pining for, bigger wage budget etc...massive stadium & crowd, plus he still lives in Renfrewshire.

As for his replacement, can't for the life of me understand why people would take a gamble on Jack Ross, for all McInnes has done, Ross would undo all of that in my opinion, and if Killie & County can attract Clarke & Coyle respectively, there must be someone out there of a similar calibre with enough experience but still implementing fresh ideas, who would jump at the chance to come to us. The likes of Tommy Wright, Derek Adams, Alex McLeish & Gordon Strachan can fuck right off.

There was a kind of falseness about McInnes today and his touchline antics, he didn't actually look genuinely angry, frustrated or annoyed and our lack of urgency when they went down to 10 men was horrendous and strangely unlike him.

Fucked if I know what's happening anymore than the next supporter, but that's my take on things.