Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

The constant speculation about him possibly leaving, even if it is largely mischief making by the press where the rangers are concerned, must be having a negative impact on the whole club. The last few years has been a purple patch in terms of stability for afc, players wanting to stay and be a part of what’s happening here - it’s been a good time.

But....

I’m starting to think it might be best for all involved if his seemingly inevitable departure was sooner rather than later, so we can re-group, re-focus, and start again. I think the world of DMC, and if he goes south he does so with my best wishes. It’s not healthy for us having him linked with every single job going.

It should only have a negative impact if those higher up at the club allow that. It would be very easy for the constant speculation to be made into a positive for our club and that's the way it should be being played indoors at Pittodrie. However, yer right, as it probably won't be!

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be amazed if WBA gambled on McInnes.

Premiership survival is massive for these clubs, Allardyce ( who I believe has never been relegated) would be ahead of McInnes surely.

McInnes has done a good job for us but I'm not sure he is the man for WBA.

On the other hand if they got relegated he would have a better chance.

be amazed if WBA gambled on McInnes.

Premiership survival is massive for these clubs, Allardyce ( who I believe has never been relegated) would be ahead of McInnes surely.

McInnes has done a good job for us but I'm not sure he is the man for WBA.

On the other hand if they got relegated he would have a better chance.

Don't disagree and said as much earlier in thread.

My point is however the bookies are quoting him ;)

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has told the club he is not leaving his job, says chairman Stewart Milne.

McInnes has been Rangers' preferred candidate since the departure of Pedro Caixinha last month.

The former Rangers and West Bromwich Albion midfielder has also been linked with the vacancy at The Hawthorns.

"Derek made his position very clear to me," Milne told Aberdeen's website. "He has no intention of going anywhere. He loves this club."

McInnes has been in charge at Pittodrie since 2013 following stints at St Johnstone and Bristol City.

Aberdeen finished second behind Celtic in the Scottish Premiership last season and were also runners-up to the Glasgow side in the Scottish Cup and League Cup finals.

"He knows he's loved," Milne told Red TV. "He knows he's respected by everyone at the club, by the fans out there.

"It's a big, big part of Derek's life. He firmly believes he has unfinished business here."

McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty led Aberdeen to a Scottish League Cup triumph in 2014, beating Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the final.

"He has always said to me he doesn't want to leave this club with just one trophy in the boardroom," added Milne.

"It's great news for everyone that he is committed. He just wants to get on in doing the job.

"He's spent a lot of time, effort and money, I would add, over the summer rebuilding the team.

"Since then, he's re-signed a number of players to extend their contracts - some of the senior players, some of the younger players.

"Everyone recognises the fantastic job he and Tony have done. No-one wants to see him leave this club.

"We know he will one day, but we all dearly hope that he's going to be here for quite some time."

Anyone with a spare 15 minutes and needing some entertainment should take a quick peek at swallow swallow. Lost count how many threads they've had about DM taking over the reins at mordor. But theyve now got one on Wiggy's statement and still these over entitled fuckwits try to convince themselves its all a smokescreen and that Deek will be behind the sevco desk before you can say "admin 2"....

Bellends of the highest order each and every f@ckin one but an absolute hoot to read

Fucking hilarious.

Every single one of them apparently in the know.

Loving reminding every hun i know that i told them four weeks ago that McInnes would not be their next manager. Hace necer wavered in the slightest from that.

Hope their misery continues for a very long time

Fucking hilarious.

Every single one of them apparently in the know.

Loving reminding every hun i know that i told them four weeks ago that McInnes would not be their next manager. Hace necer wavered in the slightest from that.

Hope their misery continues for a very long time

Thank fuck i don't know any Huns anymore.

It's lovely to not have to listen or see those cunts anymore having been brought up next to them and their fucking horrible Union Jack colour scarves.

Insignificant is the word I believe.

:)

According to swallow swallow our highest paid players are on 2k per week.....

Deluded c@nts really dont have a clue.

I'd piss myself if they went for McLeish and he tells them to f@ck off as they cannot provide the funds to mount a challenge on the Dhims. Get living in the real world sevconians. Yer rancid tribute act haven't got a pot to piss in... :violin:

Kidding themselves that they are getting the likes of Allardyce, Koeman or Bilic as their new manager. It seems to be beyond their level of intelligence to gradp that these guys will command a wage of circa £3m per annum. They simply ain't shopping in that market

Deluded fuckwits

Chris McLaughlin (BBC reporter) supposedly spoke to some knobchomper at castle greyskull....ie Fat Jabba Traynor who told him sevco still want Deek. So on the strength of this new "info" the retarded hordes have been back lumping their giro's on DM parking his arse on the toilet that sits behind the manager's desk at Ibrokes.

Mr Ladbrokes and Mr William Hill will be having champagne with their fish suppers tonight...

I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s not settled until Sevco appoint someone (other than DM).

DM is still the favourite with many bookies - admittedly that doesn’t mean a lot, but there’s still a lingering doubt about all this.

Agreed, although his return to being joint favourite does (predictably) coincide with our games against them. My guess is mischief making from someone inside ibrox, usual unsettling tactics, and they have so many media people on side it would be easy to start rumours like this. Basically they’re a bunch of cunts.

Mass mutual masturbation session on sevco media where "ITK" arseholes have now pronounced DM to castle greyskull "a done deal" although for such apparent insight they cannot agree on the actual date where this ocurrance will actually happen....next Monday being the majority consensus but anytime from tomorrow morning till 2 weeks from now get quoted also.

These neanderthal knuckle scrapers really do believe that the Aberdeen board would let McInnes take charge for 2 games then head off into the sevco sunset no questions asked, despite the chance of us completely fucking up the sevco season and leaving them in the bottom 6 by sunday evening. Or that DM, knowing that he was heading to Bedrock, could pick a side/system with no chance of doing anything in the 2 games. Its just bizarre how warped these arseholes minds really are.

Fuck sevco and all who sail in her.....COYR