Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, slightly worryingly, he was asked directly if he wanted to stop the speculation by saying he wasn’t interested in the Rangers job - and he refused to do that.

Not worrying in the slightest from my perspective mate.

Think to distance himself from something he isn't yet offered would be a display of arrogance. Don't read too much into all of this.

Although, slightly worryingly, he was asked directly if he wanted to stop the speculation by saying he wasn’t interested in the Rangers job - and he refused to do that.

Same as his interview after the Ross County game.

By all accounts, there's been no approach and he won't resign.

None of the above means he wouldn't take it, all the things being equal etc.

The huns can't afford him. No shock there.  They'll be in administration within 2 years time.

Think to distance himself from something he isn't yet offered would be a display of arrogance. Don't read too much into all of this.

How I've begun to see it too. Growing in confidence as each failing hun deadline passes ?

Been reading online about the pressure Pulis in allegedly under @ West Brom and talk of him having two games to stay in a job.

Now, if this comes to pass, then unlike the NewCo job, this IS a worry and can't help but think that they might come for McInnes this time around :(

Pretty much how I see it now too, between that and his comments pre hamilton about the benefits of being in a stable position I reckon he'd not consider any approach from them for too long before knocking them back.

Been reading online about the pressure Pulis in allegedly under @ West Brom and talk of him having two games to stay in a job.

Now, if this comes to pass, then unlike the NewCo job, this IS a worry and can't help but think that they might come for McInnes this time around :(

Yeah I reckon its a bigger risk of McInnes going if/when WBA come calling. To be fair it would be a good move for him, connections with the club and ticks the box of having another crack in England as he's said is his ambition often enough in the past.

Wouldnt grudge him that move at all, even if replacing him would be a tough task (but not impossible).

thats pulis binned thanks for the memories del

Whilst there is no doubt that McInnes is going to be in he running and going to be interested, I think it is far from a foregone conclusion. Might still be viewed as a risk for an EPL club, they might still go for a safe pair of hands like Big Sam

Aye, good luck to him if he goes there. Certainly they'll have no issues with meeting the compensation fee, unlike der hun. It's a deserved step up if he gets it and would certainly prove his decision to turn down Sunderland was justified.

It's easy to point out his flaws, but his points return has been phenomenal. It's also easy to ignore the number of shite managers in the EPL and Championship too who seem to get infinite chances; McInnes is far more deserving of the WBA job than a lot of the other options.

Finally, it proves that it's best never to comment on any speculation regardless of who yer being linked with. If he'd said he wasn't interested in the hun job, the press would be expecting that exact same honesty from him this time round, and I think he'd struggle to suggest there was no interest in WBA from his perspective. I imagine he'll be down the road this week for an interview if he's nae already been tapped up.

It's easy to point out his flaws,

Yes it is, for they are numerous.

but his points return has been phenomenal.

That's very true as well although let's be honest, it's a shite league. Hamilton managed to beat the newco at the weekend, Hearts couldn't beat Partick, Celtic have gone unbeaten for a record time and ICT who we conquered 0-0 for the diddy cup are struggling in a lower division.

McInnes's failings will show up a lot quicker in a bigger pool. He was never going to do anything with AFC, if winning is the name of the game, which it isn't, for many brought up in the Milne era. Mediocrity is acceptable and they use weak excuses in their self-deception to justify their blind loyalty. He won't last to the end of next season for them, despite not winning being their agenda too.

The constant speculation about him possibly leaving, even if it is largely mischief making by the press where the rangers are concerned, must be having a negative impact on the whole club. The last few years has been a purple patch in terms of stability for afc, players wanting to stay and be a part of what’s happening here - it’s been a good time.

But....

I’m starting to think it might be best for all involved if his seemingly inevitable departure was sooner rather than later, so we can re-group, re-focus, and start again. I think the world of DMC, and if he goes south he does so with my best wishes. It’s not healthy for us having him linked with every single job going.