Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

The January window

Matthew Kennedy played for Killie as a youngster.

Seem to remember him being highly rated at the time before his move to Everton. Will check out the thoughts of my season ticket holding mate at Rugby Park

According to a killie mate, was highly thought of but he didn't think he made a first team appearance for them before going to Everton.  Also said he liked to playing the middle of the park but hasn't replied as to whether thats defensive or creative.  If it's the latter we don't really need that imo.  Need to replace Jonny like for like or the bruiser we've been crying out for.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a certainty that Jonny will be away now. And I think it'll be a certainty that McGinn will be away in the summer.

The biggest test McInnes will face in the transfer front yet, will be replacing the both of them. I'd take O'Halloran at der tribute act, but grudge giving they bastards anything, but he IS a good player and would certainly curtail the loss of McGinn, Hayes on the other hand, is going to be ridiculously difficult to replace.

Side note, I see Hearts have signed a central midfielder, Malaury Martin, who has some reasonable pedigree, particularly at the start of his career, could be a bit of a coup for them.

I think it's a certainty that Jonny will be away now. And I think it'll be a certainty that McGinn will be away in the summer.

The biggest test McInnes will face in the transfer front yet, will be replacing the both of them. I'd take O'Halloran at der tribute act, but grudge giving they bastards anything, but he IS a good player and would certainly curtail the loss of McGinn, Hayes on the other hand, is going to be ridiculously difficult to replace.

Side note, I see Hearts have signed a central midfielder, Malaury Martin, who has some reasonable pedigree, particularly at the start of his career, could be a bit of a coup for them.

Agree that replacing either (or god forbid, both) would be a monumental task but I really don't know why people now think it's a certainty Hayes (and McGinn) are away?  ???

Sadly I agree that it looks like Jonny will be offski before the end of the month if Cardiff go to 750k. Cant blame him he will instantly treble his wages maybe even quadruple them and he had been a fantastic servant so he would depart with my good wishes.

however on no account do I want Deek blowing even 100K on O'Halloran as a replacement. Not good enough for a honkin sevco means he certainly aint good enough for us, foreby the fact he would probably demand wages at least on a par with the tribute act meaning he'd be in our top 2 or 3 earners. He is quick for sure but has the touch of a pregnant giraffe and his final ball is on a par with an 18th century cannon.

Norwich are shedding plaars right left and centre this window, look very unlikely to make the playoffs but no relegation danger either so I think theyll try to blood some youngsters meaning no Maddison return either.

Now Mackay-Steven is almost decomposing at the Dhims. Hes been god awful for them but unlike O'Halloran there is definately a player in there. The Caravan Dwellers are reportedly dead keen for him to return but I reckon the victims will want a smallish fee (150-200k?) which we would certainly be able to stump up if Jonny goes.

Of course I could just be haverin a wheen o pish too..

GMS would be a good replacement should Jonny leave.

Talk on other Dons forums of possibly 1 player heading out today and 1 arriving, so maybe something happening today?

Twitter murmurs that Cammy Smith could be coming back and also that Killie had a bid for Storey accepted but Storey would rather leave on loan and give himself a chance at breaking into the team at Aberdeen rather than leave permanently.

GMS would be a good replacement should Jonny leave.

Talk on other Dons forums of possibly 1 player heading out today and 1 arriving, so maybe something happening today?

Twitter murmurs that Cammy Smith could be coming back and also that Killie had a bid for Storey accepted but Storey would rather leave on loan and give himself a chance at breaking into the team at Aberdeen rather than leave permanently.

If that's storeys attitude then fair enough. Not sure if that's likely to happen but seems contradictory to his apparent poor attitude in training?

"Jonny is concentrating on Saturday's game and we've had an offer for him which we've rejected.

Cardiff came in with a second offer which was just structured differently from the first and was rejected.

Every player I've spoken to is aware of our thoughts and things should become clearer over the next few weeks.

We've created an environment that makes it difficult for players to leave which is good.

I have a specific player in mind that I'd like to add to the squad.

We'll be speaking to Niall and his agent towards the end of the month. He's looking great after his extended break"

From the press conference just now.

"That's three times we have had them on now and they have been told it's nowhere near the valuation we have of him," said McInnes. "If they value him the way we do then they will need to be serious with their offer, but so far it has just been the same one. Sometimes there does come a time when you get an offer where you have to weigh things up. At this stage we are way short of being there.”

First time they've confirmed it was three times is it not?

Anyway, good on the club. Apparently at the Black & Gold ST holders Q&A last night he referred to it as a shit bid, and then they came back with the same shit bid restructured.

Would we really want May?  We don't really need a forward, we need a midfielder.

Anyway, good on the club. Apparently at the Black & Gold ST holders Q&A last night he referred to it as a shit bid, and then they came back with the same shit bid restructured.

Would we really want May?  We don't really need a forward, we need a midfielder.

That's what I thought when reading this. May was a decent striker, but he won't play ahead of Rooney & whilst Stockley isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's still a useful sub/replacement, and Storey, why has he had so limited game time? People can say he's shit etc....But on what evidence can they base that on? He's had less game time than fucking Shankland got  :laughing:

But aye, midfielder is the priority, surely? Hopefully the May link is just to detract attention from the actual target, whoever that midfielder may be.

McInnes had an initial telephone call from Neil Warnock to ask about Hayes availability, I would guess that is the 3rd time he is referring to.

Yeah May would be a good signing but he would either have to play with or ahead of Rooney I would imagine and I cant see the latter happening.

I'd imagine May would be an attacking replacement for Burns, Storey & Maddison (assuming he doesn't return).

Very much doubt it's instead of a central midfielder and if that is the case then I'm all for it!