Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

I'm definitely not one to normally think this way but why are we getting all the transfer attention?

We have a few players in the later stages of their contracts (plus Hayes, who's just been consistently very good for a long time now). It's easy to blame the press, but I suspect the agents of said players (McGinn, Considine etc) have a hand to play in this. I think the press will find it easier to splash rumours about us though, and given the opportunity they will, however given that there is a summer break, everything should be settled down by the time we get back to actual games. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed a 2 year contract starting April or May this year . £200k though?,surely talking upper hundreds before thinking about selling

Would have thought so. But I imagine it would be the press probably not thinking (hardly surprising here) and assuming he was one of those with expiring contracts. When they realise this theyll claim he's demanding a move etc...load of shite. It's truly amazing to see the lengths they are going to try and ensure second place. Pathetic.

Would have thought so. But I imagine it would be the press probably not thinking (hardly surprising here) and assuming he was one of those with expiring contracts. When they realise this theyll claim he's demanding a move etc...load of shite. It's truly amazing to see the lengths they are going to try and ensure second place. Pathetic.

Wait for the news to break that he has a release clause @ £200k ::)

Andy will retire at Aberdeen, fairly certain of that.

The day will come though when a player like Logan, Hayes, McGinn or Rooney eventually move and it'll be interesting to see how we cope, we haven't been used to a player regarded as a key member leaving under McInnes, not that I can think of anyway.

I'd agree with that. If the club let consi go it would be silly. More bollocks from the press I'd say. And if logan has a 200k release clause despite having proved his worth then shame on us. Don't buy it though  :thumbsup:

Have just read that we are supposedly going to accept an offer of £200k for Logan.

Words fucking fail me if there is any element of truth in this.

We have no debt so we dont have a bank demanding we sell.

18 months left on his deal and an integral member of the team.

No danger he'd be sold for £200K.

Apart from the McGinn to hearts one, which is in fact, fact.

Well, you should have said.  Now you've put fact at the end it's a done deal ;)

I see according to the P&J we're linked with Falkirk's Craig Sibbald, naturally the story is full of quotes...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1135468/dons-boss-casting-the-net-wide-for-new-players/

Then again, we gave away Willo Flood for free and have then struggled with that position all season. Who knows what we'll do!!

I reckon we will terminate Storey's contract thereby allowing the chairman who hates us to get him back at no cost to them. Of course what we should be doing if we don't want him is advise club's of his availability and at least try and get a few grand for him

I reckon we will terminate Storey's contract thereby allowing the chairman who hates us to get him back at no cost to them. Of course what we should be doing if we don't want him is advise club's of his availability and at least try and get a few grand for him

He's piss. Nobody will pay a few grand for him. If there was intent to get Tansey however, a swap deal could probably be agreed. Although that'd be like swapping Jeffrey Monakana for Donervan Daniels.