Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

Celtic going through is a disaster for Scottish football with them getting at least £20m extra from the group phase. Will kill any chance of us having a competitive league. Rules need to be changed around the prize money from Europe. I would like to see half the money going to the league to be distributed among the other clubs. After all without the national leagues there would be no champion.

Celtic going through is a disaster for Scottish football with them getting at least £20m extra from the group phase. Will kill any chance of us having a competitive league. Rules need to be changed around the prize money from Europe. I would like to see half the money going to the league to be distributed among the other clubs. After all without the national leagues there would be no champion.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also will allow the Tic to continue spending outwith their means which continues the 'fuck you' attitude to all the other Scottish clubs who have downsized their squads/ staff etc in order to be financially stable.

I think yon new Scottish football documentary will cover the pre Fergus McCann years at some point and have to wonder how many Tic Fans will take heed from their own history as many seem to be blissfully ignorant of what happened to their neighbours across the Clyde.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also will allow the Tic to continue spending outwith their means which continues the 'fuck you' attitude to all the other Scottish clubs who have downsized their squads/ staff etc in order to be financially stable.

But they're not spending outwith their means. They'll be making a significant profit this season, which will backfill any losses in the last few years. It's just that their means are unfair and reduce football to a non-sport. As Jute says, the money (all European money) should go to the league. I said when the huns went bust that I'd happily have them allowed back in to the 1st division if it meant we moved to a 16 team league, with all euro and league prize money (less travel expenses) being split evenly between the teams. Everyone starts with the same budget other than gate receipts. A proper level playing field. Everyone gets stronger together, or not at all. The reason I said 16 teams also, was that if we had split the revenues from the previous season that year, every single team bar one would have been better off than they were, from 2nd to 16th. But, more importantly, it would have put an end to the 4 scum games, and the weight that other clubs put on the regular visits of the cheeks, which allowed them to even consider allowing the huns to re-emerge unpunished. I also said that if we didn't change things, we'd be back to the pre-Sevco status quo within 5 years, with no leverage and no further opportunity for change. Our game is now hinging on the huns going bust again. It can't be understated how bad it is for Scottish football that the tims qualify and the huns re-build. It'll ruin the game. Maybe not this season, or next, but in a few years time we'll feel it.

The real reason for the impending implosion of Scottish football following years of gradual decline has nothing to do with league structures nor revenue distributions.

It's to do with the grass roots. Kids don't play football on nearly the same scale that they did.

If you need someone to blame, football administrators chose to ignore the signs.

The real reason for the impending implosion of Scottish football following years of gradual decline has nothing to do with league structures nor revenue distributions.

It's to do with the grass roots. Kids don't play football on nearly the same scale that they did.

If you need someone to blame, football administrators chose to ignore the signs.

I suspect that there's an element of both, but if you look back to the last couple of teams to produce some half decent youngsters, Utd and Hibs, 50% of them were snapped up by the scum. I suppose you could argue that if we all produced great young players then the difference between our young players and the imported youth of the Tims would mean we wouldn't have to spend to bride the gap, but that ignores the fact that the overwhelming financial gap would result in the Tims or Huns just buying up the best young players as they always did in the past (Dariusz Adamczuk anyone?). So I'd agree, our kids not playing football causes an issue, but addressing that would still leave a massive gap, which widens every year Celtic get into the champions league (coupled with the fact that media attention is reserved solely for the scum).

I also agree about the administrators ignoring the signs, but think that is only half the issue. To me the issue stretches much further than the SFA and requires government - Scottish and UK - involvement (or let's say, it's the government's fault). The design of every new housing development ensures absolute housing coverage, with no room for kids outwith their own gardens, or the hanging around in front of the few shops that were required as part of the planning process. Traditional working class areas, which might have spawned the best in fitba talent, are now massive housing sinks, designed specifically for folk to drive to their front door, watch TV, and drive back to work again. Any fun (i.e. a kick about at fitba) has been entirely commoditised in the form of a Goals, Stikers etc., with even the skills and training side of these things being paid for often. That puts it in direct competition with other stuff that was always traditionally paid for, such as tennis, golf and so forth. It's no longer that easy to just go for a kick about with yer mates (kids near me would have to walk about two miles, through a myriad of paedophiles - probably). You have to assume that yer average fitba administrator isnae very bright, nor dis he have much influence (Doncaster, Regan, Mitchell, Smith etc.) outwith being a yes man for a handful of fitba team chairmen, so he's probably not going to persuade a cooncillor or government official in the pocket of a large hoosebuilder to give up six plots in order to build a park with room for a fitba game. Anyway, we probably agree in the main.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...