Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

Gladly wrong and this twitter feed is absolute gold:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/04/inverness-ct-reach-first-ever-scottish-cup-final-twitter-account-goes-into-hilarious-meltdown/

Then follow it up with this guy:  :rofl:

https://youtu.be/YuDkCxk1rNc

They had an interview with a woman but they've sadly taken it down. Was comedy gold.

Saw the interview with her before it was pulled. You're right in calling it comedy gold. I was near pishing myself watching it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32388618

Celtic have written to the Scottish Football Association about the refereeing of their Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Inverness CT.

The Parkhead side were angered by referee Steven MacLean's failure to award a penalty for handball against Josh Meekings when they led 1-0.

Caley Thistle won 3-2 in extra time.

"Given the level of reaction from our supporters and across football, we are duty bound to seek an understanding of what actually happened," the club said.

"We have not been given any other specific explanation so far and this is simply to understand the circumstances of what went on and why such an obvious error was made."

Celtic congratulated their opponents, describing Caley as "a fantastic club" and saying "reaching the final is a great achievement".

The Scottish champions took the lead through a Virgil van Dijk free-kick, but were denied a first-half penalty when Griffiths' header hit the arm of Meekings.

Ronny Deila's men had goalkeeper Craig Gordon sent off in the second half for bringing down Marley Watkins in the box, with Greg Tansey scoring the subsequent penalty.

Edward Ofere put Caley Thistle ahead but John Guidetti levelled before David Raven's extra-time winner.

waaaaaah-seminar-session-ii-22.png

nverness CT say they will "vigorously defend" defender Josh Meekings after he was served a Scottish FA notice of complaint following the Scottish Cup win over Celtic.

Meekings had been offered a one-match ban, which if accepted meant he would miss the Cup final against Falkirk.

He was deemed to have handled Leigh Griffiths' goal-bound header.

"The club intends to vigorously defend our player and is taking legal advice on the issue," said a club statement.

"Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC can confirm that it has declined the fixed one match suspension offer in relation to the notice of complaint issued to Josh Meekings following an alleged breach of Disciplinary Rule 200 at the ICTFC v Celtic game on Sunday, 19th March 2015."

Celtic had written to the SFA to ask for clarification as to why no penalty was awarded at the time, with Inverness manager John Hughes also admitting he felt it should have been a red card.

Inverness went on to win the game 3-2 in extra-time against 10-man Celtic, who later had goalkeeper Craig Gordon sent off.

The statement continued: "We are extremely disappointed that this has arisen and the player himself is mentally shattered at the turn of events.

"Josh is keen to appear in person at the disciplinary hearing and we will most strongly support him by all means available."

The Scottish FA will hear his appeal against the ban on Thursday.

soooooo as i now understand it if a player is sent off for 'deliberate' handball on the line there is no grounds for appeal when it was an incorrect decision (see Kevin Mcnaughton (I think it was him) several years back against hibs who cleared the ball with his chest but was sent off anyway) but if it happens and is missed by the referee, linesman and goalline assistant they can now be suspended after the match.

I presume they are going to write to celtic to ask if they will accept a 3-3 draw and a replica of the Scottish cup they would clearly have won

soooooo as i now understand it if a player is sent off for 'deliberate' handball on the line there is no grounds for appeal when it was an incorrect decision (see Kevin Mcnaughton (I think it was him) several years back against hibs who cleared the ball with his chest but was sent off anyway) but if it happens and is missed by the referee, linesman and goalline assistant they can now be suspended after the match.

I presume they are going to write to celtic to ask if they will accept a 3-3 draw and a replica of the Scottish cup they would clearly have won

Absolute farce that SFA have intervened in this way. Thought the compliance officer was only supposed to step in where ref had missed violent conduct or blatant cheating by simulation.

Pandering to victim fc yet again.

If this is the course of action that the SFA are now taking post match, then lets review every single game from now on. No, lets go one better than that, every game since the start of the season.

This game has set a precedent now, they cant ban Meekings and expect no repercussions when every other team asks them to review other situations. The SFA have opened themselves up for a shitstorm of backlashes now and i hope every team in Scotland will bombard them with similar decisions that go against them.

It is sickening how corrupt the SFA are, but its even worse how cowardly they are. Only Celtic could influence them in this way and get the outcome they hoped for. The vicTim fans will think justice has been done, but this opens up a whole new era in refereeing in this country. Yes the standard is poor, but if this is now the way we handle these situations then i look forward to benefiting from it in the future ( insert : aye fit iver smiley) . All of this because they didnt get their treble. It was a big game, it was a big decision, but f*ck me the season has been full of them, and we of all teams know that only too well.

Expect Celtic to get absolutely every decision between now and the end of the season. If they go down in the box, they will get a pen its that simple. The SFA dont have a backbone, therefore the ref's wont either. Its easier for them to give a decision for Celtic than against. This could be a huge milestone in the game and I hope to f*ck that ICT challenge this all the way and win.

Where was the compliance officer when the handball occurred against Dundee a few weeks back? We would be 3 points behind Celtic now, not 5 if that had gone our way (using Celtic fan mentality). Or what about Griffiths on Brown at Parkhead, or the foul Scott Brown committed in the middle of the park before Celtic went on to beat us at Pittodrie. Where is the line drawn? The SFA have opened up a can of worms here and i hope they suffer for it.

If this is the course of action that the SFA are now taking post match, then lets review every single game from now on. No, lets go one better than that, every game since the start of the season.

This game has set a precedent now, they cant ban Meekings and expect no repercussions when every other team asks them to review other situations. The SFA have opened themselves up for a shitstorm of backlashes now and i hope every team in Scotland will bombard them with similar decisions that go against them.

It is sickening how corrupt the SFA are, but its even worse how cowardly they are. Only Celtic could influence them in this way and get the outcome they hoped for. The vicTim fans will think justice has been done, but this opens up a whole new era in refereeing in this country. Yes the standard is poor, but if this is now the way we handle these situations then i look forward to benefiting from it in the future ( insert : aye fit iver smiley) . All of this because they didnt get their treble. It was a big game, it was a big decision, but f*ck me the season has been full of them, and we of all teams know that only too well.

Expect Celtic to get absolutely every decision between now and the end of the season. If they go down in the box, they will get a pen its that simple. The SFA dont have a backbone, therefore the ref's wont either. Its easier for them to give a decision for Celtic than against. This could be a huge milestone in the game and I hope to f*ck that ICT challenge this all the way and win.

Where was the compliance officer when the handball occurred against Dundee a few weeks back? We would be 3 points behind Celtic now, not 5 if that had gone our way (using Celtic fan mentality). Or what about Griffiths on Brown at Parkhead, or the foul Scott Brown committed in the middle of the park before Celtic went on to beat us at Pittodrie. Where is the line drawn? The SFA have opened up a can of worms here and i hope they suffer for it.

Great post  :thumbsup:

I hope there is a similar decision that crops up this weekend and the relevant team affected takes the same course of action to see what happens.

As soon as I saw this decision I immediately thought it was April 1st again!

We will be even more of a laughing stock worldwide now if this decision stands. What did they think, ICT/Meekings would just roll over?

Fucking fuckittery of the fucking highest order from the Scottish Fuckwittery Association

ETA Whatever happened to "The referee's decision is final" and "Play to the whistle"?

As soon as I saw this decision I immediately thought it was April 1st again!

We will be even more of a laughing stock worldwide now if this decision stands. What did they think, ICT/Meekings would just roll over?

Fucking fuckittery of the fucking highest order from the Scottish Fuckwittery Association

Incredible. Though i reckon ICT should do the same and get Zaluska banned for his downing of Ofeme in the 2nd half of ET. That was a clear penalty that wasn't given also... SFA decision = can of worms. Hope ICT make it as hard as possible for them.

Excellent post stupie. This is going to make both the SFA and the dhims look incredibly stupid and petty. I hope the rest of Scottish football stands behind them and let's it blow up in their faces. How the SFA could be so stupid and naieve to allow this to happen has genuinely gobsmacked me. This is a whole new level of stupidity. Pathetic.

Seems FIFA have something to say on the matter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32416795

Fifa's head of referees has said that the Scottish FA is wrong to suspend Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Josh Meekings for the Scottish Cup final.

The Highlanders have appealed against a retrospective one-game ban following a controversial hand-ball incident during their 3-2 semi-final win over Celtic.

If Thursday's appeal fails, defender Meekings will miss the 30 May final against Championship side Falkirk.

"I think it would be a very, very dangerous precedent," said Jim Boyce.

"Who's to say it was even intentional?

"Every week we have hand-ball situations where referees make a decision. In this particular game, there was a referee, an assistant referee, one of these people behind the goal line and there was a fourth official and none of them made any decision.

"So I can't believe that they're going to suspend a player for a hand ball."

Celtic have written to the SFA asking why referee Steven McLean and his officials did not award a penalty and send Meekings off after he blocked a goal-bound Leigh Griffiths header.

Boyce told BBC Scotland that he understands Celtic's grievance but disciplinary action against the officials in question is a matter for the SFA.

Britain's Fifa vice-president and the head of refereeing committee added that he is in favour of the fourth official being able to consult a monitor should he spot incidents missed by the referee that would affect the result of the game.

The SFA did not wish to make a statement on Boyce's comments.

Since the SFA overhauled their disciplinary procedures in 2011 and employed Vincent Lunny as the first compliance officer to enforce the new protocols, players have been retrospectively punished for violent conduct and serious foul play.

Lunny, who was replaced last year by Tony McGlennan, said the rules also allow for action to be taken over any potential sending off offence, including preventing a goal by handling the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

The arrogance we've come to expect

Fresh from helping Celtic seal a fourth successive domestic league title, captain Scott Brown has revealed he wants to finish his playing career at the club by setting a new Scottish record of 10 consecutive championship wins. (The Scotsman)

• 2 months later...

:thumbsup:

BREAKING NEWS: Former Dundee Utd striker and now Celtic striker Nadir Ciftci has been banned for 6 games (with two suspended for excessive misconduct) after being found guilty of biting Jim McAlister in the Dundee derby last season by the SFA.

Dundee Utd defended their former player profusely and stated in their statement that they commend Nadir for his tolerance in that game and that it was clear to them "that the player has not been involved in any such incident."