Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes must go

11 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Are we taking bets on how long it is before one of he red tops picks up the Duncan Ferguson suggestion?

I'm surprised it's taking them this long !

Lots of happy clappers about on twitter, seem to be doubling down, including Red Final, Chris Chrichton.  Apparently it's only a minority of fans...

And here's the vote of confidence from Dave :

Following speculation around the manager’s position, Derek and I met on Sunday and discussed the team’s poor run of form since the turn of the year.

From my personal perspective there is no doubting Derek’s continued desire to drive success for the Club. Having qualified for Europe seven seasons in a row, and with a healthy 54% win-rate over almost 400 games in charge, it’s important that Derek focuses on integrating last week’s three new signings, and getting the team back to winning ways. The coaching staff have had only one full day’s training with Fraser Hornby and Callum Hendry, whilst Florian Kamberi will hopefully arrive in the next few days.

The board met today and are fully behind Derek getting us back on track, as he’s demonstrated countless times over his eight year tenure. We’re at the business end of the season and we still have 33 points to play for. It’s critical that we all get behind Derek and the team as we strive for the best possible league finish and qualify for European football once again.

I despise when people say "well who else is out there" when someone states McInnes needs to go. Just because it could be worse is not a reason to stick with something that's broken. Saying that, I live 6000 plus miles away and am not as knowledgeable of footie at home than I used to be, so who else is out there?

Big Dunc is certainly an intriguing one and one I haven't heard suggested before. Thinking out loud and a little outside the box instead of the Jim Goodwins and the like.....but not necessarily supporting......Paul Lambert? John Collins? Steve Kean? Alan Irvine? George Burley? Stuart McCall? Billy McKinley? Alex Neil? Just looking at Scots who haven't just stayed local.

7 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Paul Lambert? John Collins? Steve Kean? Alan Irvine? George Burley? Stuart McCall? Billy McKinley? Alex Neil? Just looking at Scots who haven't just stayed local.

Only one that would remotely interest me would be Alex Neil and even then I'm seeing it as the best of a bad bunch.

On 07/02/2021 at 12:09, Elgindon said:

He's on a good number there at Brighton(Billy Reid),said leaving Scotland was the best thing he'd done.Doubt he'd be tempted here?

Fishwifey rumours that Cormack has earmarked a high profile replacement

And fishwifey rumours they were....?

55 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I despise when people say "well who else is out there" when someone states McInnes needs to go. Just because it could be worse is not a reason to stick with something that's broken. Saying that, I live 6000 plus miles away and am not as knowledgeable of footie at home than I used to be, so who else is out there?

Big Dunc is certainly an intriguing one and one I haven't heard suggested before. Thinking out loud and a little outside the box instead of the Jim Goodwins and the like.....but not necessarily supporting......Paul Lambert? John Collins? Steve Kean? Alan Irvine? George Burley? Stuart McCall? Billy McKinley? Alex Neil? Just looking at Scots who haven't just stayed local.

That list is thoroughly uninspiring, less Neil imo

We shall see how Mr Cormack is after he sees the sales of season tickets & dna renewals, you ain't getting £500 off me mate till that clown is gone. Gutless & lack of ambition. Let's set out to try finish 3rd & maybe get to a semi or final, fans deserve better aspirations than this.

Guy on other message board summed it up great.

'The band still plays as the titanic sinks'

Cormack has made his position clear. Can only hope that McInnes himself sees he's taken us as far he can can, with his ability, and agrees to move on in the Summer. But given the alleged wage he's on, and the fact that I don't think he'll get a better job than ours now, he won't go anywhere on his own accord certainly. 

Definitely disappointed, but will always support the Club. If Cormack and Co are serious about their vision for the Club, ith the closing the gap on Rangers/Celtic & rising in the Uefa Rankings etc... they are not going to achieve that with McInnes, so they either said it to get us throwing Money at the Club, or Cormack genuinely wants that for us and sadly, Covid has put the brakes firmly on it. 

Either way, Derek McInnes will have one more full Season here at the very most, guaranteed. 

On 10/02/2021 at 00:30, KennyFuckinPowers said:

Cormack has made his position clear. Can only hope that McInnes himself sees he's taken us as far he can can, with his ability, and agrees to move on in the Summer.

If you read between the lines then that statement doesn't look great for McInnes. It's basically intended to show the fans he's listening to them and knows the results aren't good enough. It then says Cormack has no doubts McInnes still wants to be here (rather than no doubts he's the best man for the job), which is damning him with faint praise. The rest of it is justification for why he isn't going to sack him today but leaves it open to sack him later if results don't improve.

Statements like this always have positive fluff in them because you can't undermine the manager before you sack him, but if he was really 100% committed to keeping McInnes then I don't think he would have phrased it like this.

On 08/02/2021 at 20:27, manc_don said:

I'm surprised it's taking them this long !

Lots of happy clappers about on twitter, seem to be doubling down, including Red Final, Chris Chrichton.  Apparently it's only a minority of fans...

Labelling Chris Chrichton as a happy clapper just sums up how absurd the phrase happy clapper actually is.

On 08/02/2021 at 20:59, BigAl said:

Only one that would remotely interest me would be Alex Neil and even then I'm seeing it as the best of a bad bunch.

I genuinely can't think of one Scottish manager I'd want. Steve Clarke has somehow engineered himself to the top of the pile of Scottish managers despite not doing a huge amount. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Labelling Chris Chrichton as a happy clapper just sums up how absurd the phrase happy clapper actually is.

I genuinely can't think of one Scottish manager I'd want. Steve Clarke has somehow engineered himself to the top of the pile of Scottish managers despite not doing a huge amount. 

Just to clarify, I wasn't calling him that, more that there appear to be a few supporters that regardless of the damning evidence on show, that he is still the man to take us forward. Crichton saying it is a minority of fans that want him gone is also incorrect.

4 hours ago, manc_don said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't calling him that, more that there appear to be a few supporters that regardless of the damning evidence on show, that he is still the man to take us forward. Crichton saying it is a minority of fans that want him gone is also incorrect.

Is it? Is social media representative of the average Aberdeen fan? Or would it be the p&j reader? I genuinely don't know the answer. I doubt you or Crichton do either.

8 hours ago, manc_don said:

Fair enough. But aye some of the debates are mindnumbing. The Pure Fitbaw podcast, or whoever it is running their account, was just convinced a new manager - whoever they are - would take us down the table. It's playing it safe: "McInnes will keep us top four, anything else is a risk."

As for whether it's a majority or not who want him gone, I think it's hard to say. But I'd argue the majority of those who do back him probably wouldn't be too heartbroken if he did leave.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Fair enough. But aye some of the debates are mindnumbing. The Pure Fitbaw podcast, or whoever it is running their account, was just convinced a new manager - whoever they are - would take us down the table. It's playing it safe: "McInnes will keep us top four, anything else is a risk."

As for whether it's a majority or not who want him gone, I think it's hard to say. But I'd argue the majority of those who do back him probably wouldn't be too heartbroken if he did leave.

But that is the quality of discussion in Scottish football full stop. Just listen to the ex pros discussing [anything] on sportsound of an evening. For every "McInnes will keep us top four", there's a corresponding "time to freshen things up", "we need a change" statement which is equally bereft of issue-addressing and realism.