Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are we going to say to CAS? "Please sir, this is unfair. We want 50% of the tickets even though we can't sell them all"? We'd rightly be laughed out of the place.

A fairer mechanism for selling, ie section by section up to a deadline and if not sold out the other team get them, is the ideal but to suggest we go greetin to CAS about it is fanciful. If "we" as a club want to make a point then it should start with being able to show demand is there in the first place, which it demonstably isn't. The SFA aren't going to have seats that could've been sold lying empty if they can possibly help it and it's very difficult to blame them for that.

Edited by wee toon red
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

What are we going to say to CAS? "Please sir, this is unfair. We want 50% of the tickets even though we can't sell them all"? We'd rightly be laughed out of the place.

A fairer mechanism for selling, ie section by section up to a deadline and if not sold out the other team get them, is the ideal but to suggest we go greetin to CAS about it is fanciful. If "we" as a club want to make a point then it should start with being able to show demand is there in the first place, which it demonstably isn't. The SFA aren't going to have seats that could've been sold lying empty if they can possibly help it and it's very difficult to blame them for that.

It's fucking easy to blame them for it, it's a fucking rancid attitude that proliferates our game (and politics). We're asking for a free and fair opportunity to sell 50% of a neutral venue in pursuit of fairness and neutrality. That should be the absolute guiding principle of our governing body. Instead, the guiding principle of our governing body is to cater to the needs of the strongest two clubs in the country to the detriment of all others. We're living through the worst period in Scottish football history because of the continued unfairness. The court of arbitration should be designed to deliver fairness, because that's the purpose of sport, and so it's not a bad idea to take it to them. In reality, we'd need a concerted effort from forty clubs to withdraw their services from games at Hampden unless fifty fifty is the default offering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wee toon red said:

Oh dear lord 🤦‍♂️.   We say "there is a consistently shown inherent bias towards the two biggest clubs in the country and the governing bodies refuse to give us the same opportunities as they do to them".  All of this is clearly, and easily, provable and quite frankly previous ticket sales are utterly irrelevant.  It's about fair opportunity not how briefs you have sold in the past (but not hard for us to show plenty occasions when we have sold huge numbers of tickets, parkred for example).  If you think the CAS would "laugh us out of the place" for putting that case to them i honestly don't know what to say to you.  Cases like this are literally what it exists to mitigate. 

Tbf, Aberdeen kicked up a hell of a fuss in 2000 when they were refused a 50-50 split for the final. At one point they threatened to boycott the final (would Gordon Bennett have been CEO at the time? Sure it pre-dated Keith Wyness) and it even made it onto Watchdog.

They didn't get their wish for that final, but the result was that ever since then, non-old firm teams have always been offered a 50-50 split for the Scottish Cup final if they want it, and Aberdeen (2017), Hibs (2001, 2013, 2016) and Hearts (2019 & 2022) all got 50/50 splits v the old firm. (Notable ones that didn't get were Dundee United & Motherwell but I'm sure they didn't ask for 50/50).

Jim Leighton getting injured in the final and us having no substitute goalkeeper also led to five subs being allowed in the Scottish Cup, so our pain was for the benefit of Scottish football.

So, chances are if we make the final we get a 50/50 split, so this whole narrative of "semi final sales will determine..etc" would be a change in previous procedure.

Obviously, semi-finals and the League Cup final are different.

Any sensible person should accept if you're going to play the semis in Glasgow with a lunchtime kick-off, most clubs will be affected by that and accordingly will sell fewer tickets. Amazing we still have to explain this to the SFA & the Old Firm every season.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 4

On 17/04/2024 at 22:36, manc_don said:

How many tickets have we actually sold for this? 

We have 881 unsold as of midnight Friday, out of an allocation of maybe just under 10,000 it looks like.

Celtic have been selling tickets up to section B1 in the west stand, and up to N3 in the South Stand upper deck, so there's going to be a lot more green than what's on the below map.

IMG_0937.thumb.jpeg.34902f9d12c902b69c2e18906ec1fa2e.jpeg

If my maths are correct (not always so) then we're taking just over 9,000, despite a lunchtime kick-off in Glasgow, live on the BBC, off the back of a horrendous season, lost 6-0 to Celtic on our last trip to Glasgow, no wins at Hampden over Celtic since 1992, an aggregate score of 19-2 I think it is in the past 14 years v Celtic at Hampden, no permanent manager yet in place, our captain suspended, and a referee who consistently gives us nothing.

I'd say that's a terrific support.

• Like 2

Don’t think Scott Burns is far wrong when he says you struggle to see where the goals will come from. We have looked toothless in recent weeks with Miovski having to work with very little service. We have however looked slightly better at the back but Celtic will be a different proposition to Dundee and Livingston. Anyway just about to get moving and head through. Lost count of the number of times I have seen us lose to these cunts at Hampden. Would be raging if I missed the one we win.

In

train then pub for “breakfast”

West Stand

pub then train back to capital

1-0 Miovski

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Would be raging if I missed the one we win

No need to rub it in. Absolutely hating that I'm missing this one now. My daughter will be being driven home soaking wet from swimming in order to make the kick off on the telly. I'll probably get held up and it'll be 3-0 by the time I get in. I hate watching on the telly too, always showing close ups of players and replays when the ball is in play. I'd be far more relaxed at Hampden.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

No need to rub it in. Absolutely hating that I'm missing this one now. My daughter will be being driven home soaking wet from swimming in order to make the kick off on the telly. I'll probably get held up and it'll be 3-0 by the time I get in. I hate watching on the telly too, always showing close ups of players and replays when the ball is in play. I'd be far more relaxed at Hampden.

This may seem harsh, but can you please drive slowly until we get the other 2

5 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

This may seem harsh, but can you please drive slowly until we get the other 2

I made it in, approximately 6 seconds before kick off. Some goal. There are few players in the SPFL making that pass that Clarkson did. He's such a top class player.

• Like 1

Good game so far, we're setup well and working hard. Been good in possession and reasonably solid in defence. Good discipline in the shape. Duk had a few moments of not holding position and dribbling out of defence, but his overall contribution has been positive. Polvara has done okay without doing much positive, just safe passing, which is fine. More of the same (apart from you, MacDonald).