Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cup Semi-final

not sure I can take much more of the BBC "wow, just how amazing are Celtic and their Scottish Cup record" commentary.   Although, fair play, to have achieved all those trophies without some kind of enormous financial advantage over 95% of the other teams...

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Phillips was never going to be the guy for pens. Nevermind.

Never fancied it with roos. Never seen him near a penalty. 

Then he fucking lies in the goal putting our own man off.

Much better performance than expected. Shinnie not missed at all.

Yes it’s a loss but ton of credit, great battling, some baffling decisions that went against us. 5 wins to finish the season please!

the fact that we had 2 kids and a loaner taking penalties says a lot about our squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

the fact that we had 2 kids and a loaner taking penalties says a lot about our squad

Aye, and we still had Morris to take too. Thought Gartenmann and McKenzie would have been ahead of Phillips. Phillips isn't really the ball kicking type.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, and we still had Morris to take too. Thought Gartenmann and McKenzie would have been ahead of Phillips. Phillips isn't really the ball kicking type.

Yeah, my dig is more at the character. McGrath and Macdonald set the tone, we’re a bit of a soft bunch. Huge credit for 3-3 but you need the experienced guys to step up at penalties, although other than gartenmann all we had left were kids.

2 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Yeah, my dig is more at the character. McGrath and Macdonald set the tone, we’re a bit of a soft bunch. Huge credit for 3-3 but you need the experienced guys to step up at penalties, although other than gartenmann all we had left were kids.

We weren't soft today, in general, and didn't lack character. There's a strong chance that Gartenmann just isn't great at pens, or maybe was struggling. McKenzie looked knackered too, so I suppose it's fair enough. Morris aside, I think we showed good bottle. Duncan showed a lot of bottle too, his was just unlucky really. 

I think they'd done their homework on Roos too, he always seems to move and for all their pens they just waited.

1 minute ago, OrlandoDon said:

And I am bitter. If it was rangers or Celtic the attacking team they get one or both of those penalties. 

Oh aye, without doubt. I wasn't convinced by the Scales one. The second was apparently a penalty, but the ref gave a foul for the challenge before Hoilett's apparently. I haven't seen it back since that was explained, and wasn't looking for it in real time, but I suspect it was a terrible decision.

Rico, agreed, tough to say they were soft today. But in general we dont have a lot of strong personalities so that needs fixed this summer.

didnt see the scales incident and the second one has questions, but both no doubt go in the old firms favor.

• Like 1