Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2024 transfer window

Fee is going to be an issue for any Scottish based player who is under contract as we will be seen as having money to spend especially if we sell Miovski for a bundle of cash. 

Posted (edited)

From what you read about Thelin's style of play, then if he's going to implement it here he'll need players with discipline and energy. Particularly from the midfield forward. So you'd imagine any of our squad who possess those traits will thrive, those with one of the two will probably hang around a while and any who have neither won't last long.

Edited by wee toon red

On 09/05/2024 at 09:45, tlg1903 said:

It seems silly to speculate on players coming in at the moment 2bh.  We have absolutely no idea what Thelin is going to make of the squad and what he feels it needs.  I would not be at all surprised if he raids his old club for a couple though. 

On that basis feels like we need a bit of idle Elfsborg speculation.  Who's worth a look?

2 hours ago, OxfordDon said:

On that basis feels like we need a bit of idle Elfsborg speculation.  Who's worth a look?

Not sure 2bh, the 60 minutes I watched I was too busy trying to figure out the system to be noticing players. 

2 hours ago, OxfordDon said:

Time to plunder the scandinavian leagues for this generation's Stavrum, Soldberg, Kjaer, and Guntveit.

Ok, so let’s take a look at elfborg. Haven’t seen them playing so pretty much a wild guess based on a random 5 minute internet search. These ‘could’ be some of their better players. Taking a peak at positional needs, anyone know anything about…

Isaak Pettersen - 26 - keeper, Swedish, 2 caps

Michael baidoo - 24 - attacking mid, ghanian

Arber zeneli - 29 - left winger - Swedish born, kosovo internationalist

andri fannar baldursson - 22 - center mid - Iceland internationalist  - on loan from bologna of all places, been out on loan for about 3 years, figure something out there?? At 6’2’’ sounds like the type of player we’d like.

ahmed qasam - 20 - right mid - Swedish 

Couple of central defenders of decent value but we need to rid ourselves of one or two before spending there I think.

On 08/05/2024 at 22:35, OrlandoDon said:

Seems talented but not what I think we need. We have clarkson and McGrath who provide flair in center mid, think we need size, strength, and physicality/mobility in the middle. We are too lightweight and other than shinnie we don’t have the battling type. Hoping we add flair/creativity from a couple of new wide players. 

I'm not a big McGrath fan. Feel like he vanished when things are tough. ( Could be said about a few this year).

I agree about a bit of presence and mobility. Our best displays this year have been without shinnie. Is that coincidence? Will Jimmy drop him to bring in a lynchpin or put trust in Dante?

On 11/05/2024 at 08:18, tom_widdows said:

Time to plunder the scandinavian leagues for this generation's Stavrum, Soldberg, Kjaer, and Guntveit.

Current-gen Stavrum - yes please, we could do with a poacher to support Bojan if he stays ... but especially if Bojan moves on

Current-gen Kjaer - yes please, we need an old brute who commands the box and flies at saves like his life depends on it. Doohan did well against Livi, but we need to beef up our choice of keepers, assuming we bin Roos

Current-gen Guntveit - yes please, we had this in Rama, but haven't replaced him yet

Current-gen Solberg - no thanks. He was absolute gash, and we've got more than our fair share of them in our defence already

• Like 1