Author Topic: Things that really annoy you  (Read 9471 times)

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
Re: Things that really annoy you
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »
Yesterday morning? I was also at said cafe. I try not to make eye contact with those suspicious types that sit outside. They're there to be seen.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -156
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2018, 09:40:43 AM »
Yesterday morning? I was also at said cafe. I try not to make eye contact with those suspicious types that sit outside. They're there to be seen.

Haha. I do make eye contact with those idiots who are there to be seen. I want them to see how disinterested I am in them. Yes yesterday about 10 to 10.30. You weren't the wanker in the Barbour jacket sitting through the back with an ugly woman? If you were, sorry for calling you a wanker (just now, I wouldn't be so rude to say what I think publicly... these days anyway) and sorry for describing the woman you were with as such but she wisna bonnie. Fuck I'm a terrible man.

I just have an irrational hatred of those Barbour jackets that stamp the brand in our faces. We can spend 50% more on a jacket that is three times as good and twenty five times more style, without having its maker splashed all over it.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -60
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »
But, these wifies, an original thought never goes through their mind.

They're probably comparing tranquillisers.

Stupid, discontented, expensive and worst of all ( if they were pretty when they were younger) in a permanent state of panic.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:07:48 AM by donsdaft »

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2018, 10:11:05 AM »
Not the first time you've mentioned tranqs and anti-depressants. I know it's a big issue these days but fortunately I don't know anyone who's on them.

These women, all in their late 30's early 40's didn't strike me as being on pills. They were pretty in their youth, in an external, first glance kind of way but being from safe houses themselves, only had gold-digging or comfort-seeking as their main goal. Panic in their souls rings true though.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
Inspired by my recounting of yesterday, just got the wife to make me porridge. She does it well but doesn't offer it often enough. I bet it cost less than £2.50 too. Must learn to make it myself. Can't be difficult. Only takes minutes.

My laziness in the kitchen goes into room 101 too. Making the Melba toast on Xmas days is the only constructive thing I've done in there for decades. By casting this sloth of mine into the abyss, I am going to rise like a phoenix and start doing shit in the kitchen that the family can enjoy. Maybe. I'll start by looking after myself more first instead of eating out all the time.

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2018, 09:14:50 PM »
Haha. I do make eye contact with those idiots who are there to be seen. I want them to see how disinterested I am in them. Yes yesterday about 10 to 10.30. You weren't the wanker in the Barbour jacket sitting through the back with an ugly woman? If you were, sorry for calling you a wanker (just now, I wouldn't be so rude to say what I think publicly... these days anyway) and sorry for describing the woman you were with as such but she wisna bonnie. Fuck I'm a terrible man.

I just have an irrational hatred of those Barbour jackets that stamp the brand in our faces. We can spend 50% more on a jacket that is three times as good and twenty five times more style, without having its maker splashed all over it.

It's not irrational at all. I'm just paranoid now that I come across on forums like a barbour-jaicket-cunt. It definitely wisnae me (I was a couple of hours earlier).

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
It's not irrational at all. I'm just paranoid now that I come across on forums like a barbour-jaicket-cunt. It definitely wisnae me (I was a couple of hours earlier).

Whew. Breathes sigh of relief.

I kent it couldna hiv bin you. That particular Barbour wanker couldn't have spelt fitba.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2018, 01:07:38 AM »
The use of the phrase 'thoughts & prayers' when people feel the need (or are 'forced') to comment on some sort of disaster/ tragedy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:45:17 AM by tom_widdows »
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
  • Fuck the Tories.
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2018, 01:31:50 AM »
Tories, and the cunts that vote for them.

My other half when it's that time of the month, seriously, I really want to punch her in the fucking throat.

Louie Spence

Two kinds of trouble in this world.......Living, dying

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
My other half when it's that time of the month, seriously, I really want to punch her in the fucking throat.

My wife and I have just tripped 32 years together. We've not had a serious argument for quarter of a century.

It took us SEVEN YEARS to work out that the only time we had ugly disagreements - and we did, regularly - were when she was ovulating. Once she worked that out, she stopped being an illogical unreasonable cow once a month. Plus I kept her busy by giving her loads of babies. Venus and Mars.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »
 Waiting patiently for your toast,cuppa at hand,...and then realising you havnt put any bread in the toaster,...again     :spaz:

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
  • Fuck the Tories.
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »
My wife and I have just tripped 32 years together. We've not had a serious argument for quarter of a century.

It took us SEVEN YEARS to work out that the only time we had ugly disagreements - and we did, regularly - were when she was ovulating. Once she worked that out, she stopped being an illogical unreasonable cow once a month. Plus I kept her busy by giving her loads of babies. Venus and Mars.

Aye min, can honestly say that it's pretty much the same here. Just turns into a right arsehole for no reason whatsoever. But in 13 years, the only real arguments or fights have came from that time of the month, bizarre.
Two kinds of trouble in this world.......Living, dying

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2018, 09:24:02 PM »
Waiting patiently for your toast,cuppa at hand,...and then realising you havnt put any bread in the toaster,...again     :spaz:

I think everyone is annoyed by dementia

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2018, 09:52:24 PM »

No fuckin way you managed to stop a woman being illogical.

For all you lads with wifes / girlfriends who have these monthly problems, I've only one word of warning to say to you.......................menopause.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 44
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »
When the A/C goes faulty on the hottest weekend of the year....heat index at 100-105 degF and 75% + humidity.

Nae fair on a Scottish loon!
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
As the news reports a Polar Bear being shot on Svalbard because it attacked a cruise ship guard I have to say the biggest annoyance on the planet for me is Humans

You want to go walking amongst polar bears in their natural habitat then sign the waiver that says you accept the largest land based predator (and one of only a handful of creatures who consider humans as food) may kill you.
But no the fat lazy irritating cruise ship community are now expanding their global pestilance to the more extreme points of the planet and expect it to be Disneyland.

Other examples include recent calls from Western Australian govenment officals to cull sharks so humans can 'enjoy the beaches in safety'

Farmers and the UK government culling badgers because they allegedly spread Bovine TB.

Complaints from people in coastal towns about Seagulls (Tam Cowan on off the ball supposedly joking about hitting them with Tennis racquets and sounding 'hurt' when someone texted in to point out they are a protected species)

And of course one of the supposed 'acceptable' legacies of Victorian times - Zoos. Edinburgh Zoo now openly admit they and other zoos essentially 'farm' certain animals which are not endangered (such as the Wallabies) so they can maintain a healthy captive population. Why the fuck Edinburgh Zoo needs to have a chimpanze research lab is a mystery to me.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
I've shared my life with animals.

I've fed them, Ive eaten them

But bloody hell I draw the line at the herring gull.

Shoot the bastards

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
Collars on football shirts. Just why? It's not like ties are getting worn.

Even worse, top button done up on said collared football shirt.

In fact, top buttons done up at any time. On polo shirts, it looks ridiculous.

Henleys, stand collars and band collars will be the next Men fashion growth area. You heard it here first.