Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

4 hours ago, manc_don said:

Definitely leaning towards this as he wasn’t the donkey some folk made him out to be. Still think it would be best for both parties if we parted ways, but we need more CBs at the moment and as you said, he did the basics well. In the semi, he played well until that moment of utter madness tbf. 

re Vinny, I’m happy he’s back. Goodwin clearly didn’t know how to manage the club so I’m hoping we see a reinvigorated Vinny. Less sticky toffee though please.

To me he looked to be a defender that was at his best when it was backs to the wall stuff  Agree a parting of ways is best for all concerned but if he did stay I wouldn't be shocked if he had some sort of redemption arc.  More than anything else though he will be on a big wage and we should bin on thay alone as he would never be anything more than a squad player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

Gone very quiet on this thread so let's mix it up a bit by sharing the Ianis Hagi story as reported in The Retard 

You couldn't make it up, although they probably did 😉

That came from Romanian press linking Hagi with teams in Italy, Spain, Turkey and us. Suspect it’s just agent talk or Huns desperate to drum up interest in an expensive flop. If were genuinely interested I would be questioning the sanity of our recruitment team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Fuck sake

Ramadani potentially off to Italian club Lecce

Think it's shite but big loss if true 🙄

I would not be that bothered about losing Ramadani. His type of player is plentiful in Eastern Europe and we should be able to replace him without too much difficulty. As long as we are suitably compensated and the deal is done with time for us to get a replacement in then should not be an issue. 

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

I would not be that bothered about losing Ramadani. His type of player is plentiful in Eastern Europe and we should be able to replace him without too much difficulty. As long as we are suitably compensated and the deal is done with time for us to get a replacement in then should not be an issue. 

I hear you Jute but I would prefer to keep him.  Him and Shinnie looked solid as a rock together and there's enough upheaval to our squad this window as it is.  That said if Lecce are going yo come in with anything above 2 mill you can't really turn that down

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Donate Polvara back at Dons following his loan spell at Charleston. 

I do think there's a player in there, his range of passing I thought looked decent.  Whether he can hack it at this level is another story though. 

I think it’s sort of a win win situation for the club. Turns out to be false, we’ve still got him (my preference for another season), or he leaves for a decent fee and it’s further proof that the clubs strategy is paying dividends. Having to sign a replacement isn’t ideal, but maybe that player is teklic?

31 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I do think there's a player in there, his range of passing I thought looked decent.  Whether he can hack it at this level is another story though. 

He should have been out loan earlier than he was. It was always big ask to expect him to step up straight from college football to full time professional football. 

• Like 2

Ramadani works his bollocks off for us, does a very good job. Makes mistakes but anyone would given the effort and involvement. I’d say similarities to Willo flood and Ryan jack  in a sense, mixed opinions on the player but we’d see a big hole and would be missed when gone.

34 minutes ago, Jute said:

He should have been out loan earlier than he was. It was always big ask to expect him to step up straight from college football to full time professional football. 

Sending him out on loan to a flyover probably wasn't the best move either.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I think it’s sort of a win win situation for the club. Turns out to be false, we’ve still got him (my preference for another season), or he leaves for a decent fee and it’s further proof that the clubs strategy is paying dividends. Having to sign a replacement isn’t ideal, but maybe that player is teklic?

Teklic is an attacker best I can tell.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

Where’s that figure come from, or just what some have said that they’d take

I said that's what I would take but the way I said it was potentially ambiguous. To be clear that's my no questions asked price, get offered that (and it's not totally unreasonable, 2 years left on his deal and not wanting to sell etc) and the hand should be snapped off.   I don't think we will get that though, realistically anything into 7 figures would likely be accepted.  Players like Rama have come to put themselves in a shop window and Lecce would certainly be a step up wage wise and league wise.  True, they don't have group stage euro football to look forward to but trips to San siro, juventus stadium and stadio olimpico would compensate fairly nicely.  The player will also surely have been promised that the club wouldn't stand in their way should an offer like this come in. 

If it happens though it puts even more pressure on our summers recruitment.  At least we only have friendlies to worry about for the next month but I am starting to wonder just how different our starting 11 against livi will be from the one that ended the season.