Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

1 hour ago, Reekie_Red said:

Some sources saying Clarkson is coming back to us instead of Reading 

Although their source is the Record 🤔

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/13/aberdeen-agree-deal-to-sign-reading-transfer-target/

I know reading probably have deeper pockets than us but they are playing in league 1 not the championship. Got to imagine we have a good chance of bringing him in as european football up here must be a bit more appealing. Fingers crossed.

Would be really surprised if Reading are only club in for Clarkson. It will come down to us being able to convince him that playing every week for us and 8 games in Europe is better for his long term career than being a bit part player in the Championship getting paid 3 or 4 times more than we can offer. 

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

I know reading probably have deeper pockets than us but they are playing in league 1 not the championship. Got to imagine we have a good chance of bringing him in as european football up here must be a bit more appealing. Fingers crossed.

Reading are fucked, I doubt they have deeper pockets than us at the moment 

Sell on clause and release fee I’d assume but great business!

keep in mind he’s a good young player, not an internationalist like Charlie or gillhaus. Look at the buzz around Connor Barron when he came into the team and he’s certainly stalled. Let’s not put too much pressure or expectation on the guy. I’d compare him to Lewis Ferguson as he is coming here to play weekly and as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Yes, Ferguson hadn’t impressed here on loan first, but we were his next step. Smart by clarkson coming here and he’ll play every minute he wants more or less, play in Europe, and we’re a great shop window.

adding shinnie and pollock would be nice, not being greedy!

• Like 2

Phenomenal bit of business, and a four year deal makes it even sweeter. Robson not only a good manager, but a world class salesman too. I can't think of a comparable signing. Severin along the same lines, in that we got him after a great season at hearts, but not nearly as talented as Clarkson. Nicholas probably the last player we knew was top level before signing him. I don't remember much fanfare around Gillhaus, until he played his first game.

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Sell on clause and release fee I’d assume but great business!

keep in mind he’s a good young player, not an internationalist like Charlie or gillhaus. Look at the buzz around Connor Barron when he came into the team and he’s certainly stalled. Let’s not put too much pressure or expectation on the guy. I’d compare him to Lewis Ferguson as he is coming here to play weekly and as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Yes, Ferguson hadn’t impressed here on loan first, but we were his next step. Smart by clarkson coming here and he’ll play every minute he wants more or less, play in Europe, and we’re a great shop window.

adding shinnie and pollock would be nice, not being greedy!

Would imagine there is more likelihood of Shinnie & Scales, rather than Shinnie & Pollock to be honest.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Phenomenal bit of business, and a four year deal makes it even sweeter. Robson not only a good manager, but a world class salesman too. I can't think of a comparable signing. Severin along the same lines, in that we got him after a great season at hearts, but not nearly as talented as Clarkson. Nicholas probably the last player we knew was top level before signing him. I don't remember much fanfare around Gillhaus, until he played his first game.

I got quite excited when Booth returned from his European adventures, and we did get one good season out of him. 

• Like 1