11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

6 ft 4 Serbian who plays on either side apparently

A big mean looking ticket

Get the Croat in as well and change our name to Balkan FC 😉

I think we can all but write off scales coming back if this happens 

1 minute ago, tlg1903 said:

Agreed.

No nothing whatsoever about Rubezic and paper talk is cheap, but it appears as if he is very highly rated and that we've been tracking this guy for some considerable time.

Whilst all these signings will require to gel together, it is possible for it all to go Pete Tong yet, it sure as hell is an exciting time to be a Don.

Even an old fucker like me is feeling re-energised and excited about the season ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Agreed.

No nothing whatsoever about Rubezic and paper talk is cheap, but it appears as if he is very highly rated and that we've been tracking this guy for some considerable time.

Whilst all these signings will require to gel together, it is possible for it all to go Pete Tong yet, it sure as hell is an exciting time to be a Don.

Even an old fucker like me is feeling re-energised and excited about the season ahead.

I hope the pacemaker can handle it mate 👍😉😘

22 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Be interesting to see who would play LCB.

Looking at Wyscout, Rubezic has been playing RCB. He's only filled in at LCB when there's been injuries or suspensions.

Rhys Williams has actually played more games in his career at LCB. 

Anything Stewart also often played on the left side of defence before signing for Aberdeen...

Teklic no more

Off to Turkey for 1.2million euros

Turkish journalist reporting that we were a ba' hair away from getting him (not the exact language used).

Again, guess you can't really miss what you never had

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Teklic no more

Off to Turkey for 1.2million euros

Turkish journalist reporting that we were a ba' hair away from getting him (not the exact language used).

Again, guess you can't really miss what you never had

Had a feeling this one wasn't going to happen

You’d think a Croatian ‘B’ international who has signed for the Turkish champions of last season is the type of game changing player who could really move us up a level, hopefully there’s a couple more targets of that calibre on our shortlist. 

• Like 2

I was amused by how afc Twitter managed to get their pants wet by him following the club on instagram this week. It was never happening after last week. Shame, and exactly the caliber of player we should be looking to sign. Big wad of cash for a player with 11 months to go, but they’ve got the cash so it’ll be pocket change for them. Onwards and upwards, but I’d like to see someone confirmed soon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, manc_don said:

I was amused by how afc Twitter managed to get their pants wet by him following the club on instagram this week. It was never happening after last week. Shame, and exactly the caliber of player we should be looking to sign. Big wad of cash for a player with 11 months to go, but they’ve got the cash so it’ll be pocket change for them. Onwards and upwards, but I’d like to see someone confirmed soon.

Warned you that profile pic thing was nothing but trouble.

Edited by OxfordDon
  • Haha 1

So the chat is we're trying to get Liam Scales back on loan, because we've been priced out of a permanent transfer by Celtic.

Clever by Aberdeen I'd say. Don't pay over the odds if you don't have to. He clearly doesn't have a future at Celtic and no-one is going to pay an inflated fee for him.

10 hours ago, Panda said:

So the chat is we're trying to get Liam Scales back on loan, because we've been priced out of a permanent transfer by Celtic.

Clever by Aberdeen I'd say. Don't pay over the odds if you don't have to. He clearly doesn't have a future at Celtic and no-one is going to pay an inflated fee for him.

Yeah I agree. He came ok towards the end of last season but he wasnt good enough to merit a large fee. If it were not for the fact that hes a known quantity of a reasonable standard (and maybe also because he's left footed) I wouldn't even be interested in having him back. 

IMG_9752.thumb.jpeg.8ce747ee135f7a168d002812629e7a39.jpeg

So looking at how we're shaping up.

Robson says he's hoping for two defenders and two midfielders.

I'd hazard a guess that a RM is on the shopping list since that's what Teklic would have been, while yesterday showed a central midfielder with an attacking edge is needed.

Then a LCB, and I'm kinda presuming Rubezic is a done deal as everything seems to suggest it is.

Duncan was playing LWB / LM when he came on yesterday, so looks like he may be the one pushing Hayes for a place there.

Besuijen didn't feature at all yesterday which - unless he's injured or not fit - doesn't bode well for him, especially if another two midfielders come in.

We need eight (I think) home grown players in the European squad, four of which need to be trained by the club. So Bavidge, Marshall, Duncan, Barron, Mackenzie, Milne, Ritchie, Devlin, Doohan, Shinnie - that's 10, so maybe Marshall and Milne go out on loan?

You kinda feel Mackenzie would benefit from a loan, but because he's a left footed defender he's probably going to play a lot. Especially if Scales comes back on loan.

Below graphic in case we opt for four at the back, which would suit Dadia and Devlin you imagine. 

IMG_9755.thumb.jpeg.c8103cf925b99138436ea9396000f528.jpeg