Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

34 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

All the papers are running with a "heres a list of Aberdeens most expensive signings", which makes me wonder just how much we paid Liverpool for him. 

Based on what we  have seen so far it’s a good investment!

I will add, but disappointed he didn’t arrive with a black hat on and leather trench coat. Thought we’d signed bono that day. Don’t remember what it was like when we signed gillhaus, I don’t think it was a big deal as we hadn’t really heard on him.

hard to compare, is the return of Jess a decent comparison? Hrs thing is most return he’s having not achieved great success. Clarkson returns having played a blinder of a season, scored cracking goals, and signs permanently from liverpool of all people. Almost impossible to give a comparison but certainly exciting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

hard to compare, is the return of Jess a decent comparison?

I remember that close-season. I was working in California at the time on one of those Camp America gigs. the local library got copies of Scotland On Sunday a couple of days late, and me and my mate were rubbing our hands with glee at the thought of Jess being back, Kiriakov (the guy who once played Gazza off the park), Ricky Gillies (the nation's most promising youngster) all playing for us.

Oh how that optimism didn't last

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I do remember being excited at Kiriakov signing cos he was playing for Bulgaria at Euro 96.

Craig Hignett too.

Paul Hartley felt like a big signing at the time.

Scott Brown had an intriguing element.

Hignett was an utter dick who fucked off back to England as soon as he realized Scottish football wasn’t the skoosh he expected.

Absolute fraud.

Edited by Madbadteacher

24 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

Hignett was an utter dick who fucked off back to England as soon as he realized Scottish football wasn’t the skoosh he expected.

Absolute fraud.

Well that has nothing to do with the discussion - how we felt when he first signed.

There's many reasons he left. Not sure him thinking Scottish football was too hard was one of them as generally he was very good.

A day on and I’m still quite shocked by this. Nothing compares, maybe Ryan Christie and the potential excitement of a successful loan becoming permanent only for him not to return. That’s what I fully expected. It was a more successful loan spell than Maddison too and look what’s happened to him since. We may only get a year from clarkson but I do expect a decent check when he moves on. Quality player and we all see that. Credit to Aberdeen, we don’t often give them the praise when good things happen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Ash Taylor 😵

Only jesting lads 😂

Left Killie and signs a two year deal with Bradford

Fucking don’t do that.

• Haha 2

Italian media linking Duk with being close to a move to Torino.  I would be sad to see him go but I recognise this window is really the only one we have if we want to cash in on him. With 50% of any fee going to be benfica we won't get too much with anything less than 2 years left on his deal. I mean, what would we even take as a win?  5 million nets us 2.5 which I suppose I can live with 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Italian media linking Duk with being close to a move to Torino.  I would be sad to see him go but I recognise this window is really the only one we have if we want to cash in on him. With 50% of any fee going to be benfica we won't get too much with anything less than 2 years left on his deal. I mean, what would we even take as a win?  5 million nets us 2.5 which I suppose I can live with 🤷‍♂️

I wondered with us signing solker for a reported six figures, paying that for a back up?? I’ll be highly surprised if both duk and miovski start the season with us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I wondered with us signing solker for a reported six figures, paying that for a back up?? I’ll be highly surprised if both duk and miovski start the season with us.

You cynic…..

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Anyone able to copy and paste the P&J article regarding this.

Fuck paying for the site 

Serie A side Torino have reportedly stepped up their pursuit of Aberdeen attacker Duk.

The 23-year-old was named Aberdeen’s player of the season after scoring 18 goals in 43 appearances.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Torino are keen to bring the Cape Verde international to Italian football.

After a superb debut season with the Dons, the attacker has been linked with several clubs over the last few months, including Bologna, Burnley, Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

Duk is under contract wth the Dons until the summer of 2025 after moving to Pittodrie from Benfica.

It is understood the Portuguese side would be due a sizeable percentage of any deal for the forward, although the Dons view Duk as a key player for next season when they will be playing in the group stages of European football for the first time since the 2007-8 season.

Torino finished 10th in Serie A last season.

The Dons bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing Slovenian striker Ester Sokler on a three-year deal. 

10 minutes ago, Jute said:

Serie A side Torino have reportedly stepped up their pursuit of Aberdeen attacker Duk.

The 23-year-old was named Aberdeen’s player of the season after scoring 18 goals in 43 appearances.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Torino are keen to bring the Cape Verde international to Italian football.

After a superb debut season with the Dons, the attacker has been linked with several clubs over the last few months, including Bologna, Burnley, Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

Duk is under contract wth the Dons until the summer of 2025 after moving to Pittodrie from Benfica.

It is understood the Portuguese side would be due a sizeable percentage of any deal for the forward, although the Dons view Duk as a key player for next season when they will be playing in the group stages of European football for the first time since the 2007-8 season.

Torino finished 10th in Serie A last season.

The Dons bolstered their attacking options on Friday by signing Slovenian striker Ester Sokler on a three-year deal. 

Thanks Jute.

Seems a bit of a "quiet news day" type of article you'd find in The Retard or The Hun.

Sure Torino aren't the only club that would be keen to bring him to their club.

Doesn't mean to say they will.

No need to panic, at least not yet.