Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

5 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Wikipedia has Declan john as a left wing back? Is he our new left back option?  Or a central defender?

Sure he was left back when on loan at the Tribute Act so guessing he will be option at left back/left wing back. From memory he was not particularly good when at Tribute Act and not a regular for 3rd division Bolton last season. Would be a bit disappointed if he was to be our first choice left back. 

33 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see Robson has said we won’t see any this weekend. Making me slightly nervous now. Word has it Stewart is on the verge of signing for the arabs, surely not?!?

None of the Arabs seem to know anything about it. Think it might be wishful thinking. Hopefully not. 

43 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see Robson has said we won’t see any this weekend. Making me slightly nervous now. Word has it Stewart is on the verge of signing for the arabs, surely not?!?

Would it be beyond the realms of reality to ask if there is a fee involved, and if so, is it for us or them 😉

• Haha 3

Off topic: But the forum admin may wish to know that I was disgracefully denied the ability to post until I uploaded a profile picture. Wouldn't let me go anywhere on the forum until it was done.

Eventually I have relented, but if Miovski or Duk or a potential new signing is trying to access the forum they may not have a profile photo to hand and then what? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Panda said:

Off topic: But the forum admin may wish to know that I was disgracefully denied the ability to post until I uploaded a profile picture. Wouldn't let me go anywhere on the forum until it was done.

Eventually I have relented, but if Miovski or Duk or a potential new signing is trying to access the forum they may not have a profile photo to hand and then what? 

HQ heard we had a beeb journo on the prowl, so had beef up security 😬

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Panda said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Imagine a wavering Teklic comes here just to quickly check Panda is happy before signing on the dotted line, hits the profile image page, thinks "but what if I put up a poorly judged image, or its the wrong kind of sheep?", self-doubt creeps in, he's up all night researching the differences between a cheviot and a scottish blackface, and in the morning high on caffeine and sleep deprivation his normally sound judgement goes out the window and he collapses in a heap of despair on the quilted floor of his opulent first floor library screaming  "I can feel the weight of my own insignificant mortality crushing me under the towering edifice of the complexity of the universe and I no longer comprehend if we have a purpose in this life or if the concept of fate is simply a random pinwheel in the blackness of the abyss, so fuck it I'll sign for Borussia Mönchengladbach instead".

Manc, I'm blaming you if this happens.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

On 14/07/2023 at 10:27, manc_don said:

Social media saying goodwin doesn't know where the rumour came from and it's not true. 

Had a wee watch of Or Dadia's highlights there. Played mainly right back although likes to cut into his left, and has played the odd game there, so could be an option. Although I doubt we're signing him as a first choice LB.

He looks alright, I wasn't exactly as enthralled watching him as I was Teklic, but he's a very Barry Robson player.