Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

1 hour ago, Reekie_Red said:

The Sokler deal must be ahead of Duk heading out, presumably to Torino. The Doohan link must be ahead of Lewis heading out ... presumably to Killie 

If both are true, I've never heard of us signing replacements BEFORE the OG's leave 

I will be very surprised if Duk goes to Torino.

Surely when the time comes to sell we will max out his value and not simply sell to the first interested party.

34 minutes ago, Slim said:

Sokler could just be Marley Watkins’ replacement. Bavidge just turned 17, unlikely we’ll be relying on him as our plan B. I’d even be tempted to send him out on loan for the season.

Funny, I was thinking that yesterday. I’d say the next stage of bavidge development is a loan and regular playing time. I just see him getting 5-10 mins here and there with us, maybe an occasional start if we have injuries. I think he does go out on loan to play.

I hope sokler is Marley’s replacement but I still say, sadly, we don’t have duk/miovski next season. I’m also curious about the Uefa rules and home grown talent. Seems we need three or four Scottish boys brought in, right? What’s the exact ruling there??

We have to have 8 home grown players in our 25. 4 must have come through our own academy system and 4 can have come through another Scottish teams academy system or Scottish born. I think we may need to keep Bavidge until Christmas. 

Roberts signs for scunthorpe on a two year deal for an undisclosed fee. https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/june/callum-roberts-signs-from-aberdeen/?fbclid=IwAR1INGj-qMp_OkwyTr4U3mfiSjewP1Jlmd5KAQt4VE1EFHqxICj-ySo9ksk

It's great we got something resembling cash for him i suppose though i never felt we saw him play enough to define if he was any good or not.  We can only assume Robson didn't fancy him or he just wanted away himself.  I wonder how many of Goodwins signings will still be here come the opening game of the season 🤔

Edited by tlg1903

He was pish. Didn't even manage a total of 90 minutes for us. Was on the bench for 4 games and didn't get on, before being dropped completely for the remaining games, with no suggestion of any injury. Shite signing, but that's to be expected with a high turnover. Expect a few more Roberts's this summer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Not going to be a popular view and no real grounds to justify it, but can't help but feel this might be one that got away 🤔

Kinda my thought too, we never got to see him enough for proof he was pish. But then again, perhaps he proved it in training. Plus, with the players we have to move on, any money should be taken, one less salary to pay.

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It's fine, he's pish.

Aye, you're probably right min.

I'm puzzled by how the fuck did we scout him and end up signing him if he's that bad.

At least with the other dross we recruited last summer that have turned out to be dross i.e Stewart, Richardson & Morrice we've at least had confirmation of their shittyness (if there is such a word) on the pitch. Oh and added to that, they're all still here.

• Like 1

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/5869420/exclusive-aberdeen-pull-out-of-race-to-sign-defender-jay-idzes/

Looks like we've told him to ram it and withdrawn the offer.

Interestingly and rightly or wrongly it further states we have another target lined up and hope to have the deal over the line in next couple of days 🤔

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Oh and additionally they are claiming it is a player whose name hasn't been reported as being a target of ours in any source 

Yes that intrigued me when I saw that. Assume that means it’s not Pollock, Scales or Feeney.