Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Ross Cunty

So.. back to the drawing board for this one. Wednesday night's "display" has knocked the wind out of my sale and I think I'll really have to drag myself along to the game tomorrow. I expect a reaction from the team and management. A good performance as well as a good result tomorrow is a must. As for the team.. I'd revert back to how we lined up before Christie was forced to drop out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that mostly, however AOC wasn't great the other night ( and that's being kind). Tansey surprised me by getting a good 25 minutes so he should be good for 60-65 at the weekend. Therefore I'd bring him in for AOC to give AOC a bit of a break. Otherwise yep Christie in, Consi to bench and good to go.

COYR

Back to the drawing board,and back to the pre Celtic defence I hope. Would drop O'Connor for Tansey.Its the front lot i'm not sure about,still a work in progress.Think GMS is worth another go,he had 2 guys on him v Celtic so we didnt see him much.Not sure about Rooney and May,maybe Stewart and May would give us more variety.

Heads up,bounce back and a 3 -1 please. COYR

Well after missing out on Wednesday night I am back in for this one.

I suspect we may well see a decent game as Coyle does try and get his teams playing football regardless of how crap they actually are. We have to go for them today and get Wednesday night out of our system in the battle for second place.  :-\ 

Only change for me would be Christie in for Considine with Shinnie moving to left back. Hopefully players will put in a performance after Wednesday's clusterfuck.

Oot

Flat

Edinburgh Uni v Hawick in lowland league

Flat

3-0 Dons Rooney x 2 and May

Edit: clearly Deek does not think so as Wright in for Rooney, Christie in for Considine and Stewart in for the swimmer.

So a terrible Killie team do what we can't

No-one bothered to go to live chat

As far as the BBC site goes we're not finished yet (still 85 minutes)

McInnes is going to fuck off to the huns?

Shite, shite, shite Saturday.

Settle down.  We won and Celtic dropped points. 

Decent performance in places but it all went a bit wank.  Lovely move and hit from Christie for the equaliser.  The second half was a shitfest (TBF the wind didn't help) especially after the substitutions started.  GMS and Stewart both guilty of overplaying in front of goal.  County looked occasionally dangerous.  Christie MOTM, McLean and Arnason were good too.   

F@ck knows why the BBC website has such a time delay in the States MBT.

After a howler by Joe for their goal we got back level sharpish and once we took the lead were comfortable.

I still have doubts sevco can meet the release fee for McInnes (and presumably Doc too) but even if they can as I said on the other thread keeping Aberdeen 2nd best is a better outcome for his C.V. than getting sevco to 2nd and no further is....

However should the management team do decide the poisoned chalice is a project they cant turn down then we at least have 1.5 million to attract a new up and coming manager with. Deek will be offski fairly soon anyway as the West Brom job comes up fairly frequently and he must be a shoo in for it this time. Id be looking at Jack Ross as a replacement when the inevitable occurs. ( May also give us a chance of getting Lewis Morgan in at the same time )

Decent win in the end. Although I think we are capable of much more. Players from both sides struggled with the wind at times. Much better shape and pressed the game quite well. McLean and Shinnie both very good. Stewart nae bad, and Maynard a'rite when he came on too. O'Connor isn't required in a game like that in midfield, would far rather see Tansey. The pish at the end, dicking about trying to time waste is beneath us, we're good enough to win those games by playing better than the opposition and attacking them. We attract uncertainty unnecessarily, although to be fair to McInnes he has a very good record at winning in this fashion.

3 points is 3 points.

HOWEVER

Why am I left chewing my nails when we were so much on top in the first half.

McLean Stewart and Wright were shite although I thought Stewart started well enough.

I'm well taken with the Arnason / McKenna partnership.

I thought May was making some great runs, we need to feed him the ball where he wants it.

3 points is 3 points.

HOWEVER

Why am I left chewing my nails when we were so much on top in the first half.

McLean Stewart and Wright were shite although I thought Stewart started well enough.

I'm well taken with the Arnason / McKenna partnership.

I thought May was making some great runs, we need to feed him the ball where he wants it.

FFS min. I ken you're not a fan of McLean, but nobody could claim he was shite today.

He was my MOTM, I thought he had a great game today.

A good win for us today, but I kept thinking we were going to rue the missed chances we spurned, but thankfully we held out for the 3 points which were deserved.

Christies goal was superb and we are a far better team with him, but poses a huge question when playing the victims, as how do we replace him. My ten year old commented on Joe today that it was like watching Langfield in goal at times today, harsh, but fair comment as he did look shaky at times after the goal. Still got plenty credit left in the bank before we should even think of dropping him, which I have heard mentioned.

Stewart I just cannot make up my mind about. He does have skills, but his decision making is shite, maybe a run of games is required to see the best of him, but same could be said about GMS also, players like them, I believe, need a good run of games to show their talents.

Thought Maynard looked a bit sharper today and showed some good touches, badly needs a goal though.

Thought O'Connor was poor today at times and was surprised not to see Tansey introduced at some point during the match.

A good win and a decent enough performance.

McLean was shite?  Get a grip.

Classic under achievement from us but bog standard problems to be overcome in the SPFL.  Ridiculous that we were looking for the final whistle but credit To RC, they mixed a bit of savvy with the hammer throwing and it was up to us to work out a way through.  Apart from McLean the best for me were Shinnie and Christie.  However, how good is it to have a decent, heid the ba/kick it oot for a throw in centre half? McKenna has done well so far.